Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SOUPY SHUFFLE  (Read 14606 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: THE SOUPY SHUFFLE
« Reply #120 on: October 23, 2009, 03:41:27 PM »

PAGE FIVE
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Laura

« Reply #121 on: October 23, 2009, 03:41:33 PM »

I have never sent anything FedEx. I have never received anything FedEx, either. I always have to go pick it up at the big warehouse. Always.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

td

• td
« Reply #122 on: October 23, 2009, 03:47:25 PM »

TOD:  The new solo albums from Liz Callaway, Rebecca Luker, and Kate Baldwin.

For many years, I have had a strong desire to record William Finn's "Anytime (I Am There)" and have that played at my own memorial service.  Well, now that song has been supplanted by Steve Marzullo's "Remember."  It's on Rebecca Luker's new album.  And it's an exquisite little gem!

My friend Dixie Nell, NOT related to our DD Dixie Bell, wants me to sing Tom Waits'  "Shiver Me Timbers" at her memorial service.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2009, 03:48:27 PM »

For many years, I have had a strong desire to record William Finn's "Anytime (I Am There)" and have that played at my own memorial service.  Well, now that song has been supplanted by Steve Marzullo's "Remember."  It's on Rebecca Luker's new album.  And it's an exquisite little gem!

And speaking of Liz Callaway..  My friend John is getting married tomorrow and Ann Hampton Callaway is singing at his wedding.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #124 on: October 23, 2009, 03:49:41 PM »

My friend Dixie Nell, NOT related to our DD Dixie Bell, wants me to sing Tom Waits'  "Shiver Me Timbers" at her memorial service.

I only know Bette Midler's version, which I love.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DAW

« Reply #125 on: October 23, 2009, 03:51:19 PM »

The damselflies are laying eggs

Well, at least they are being ladylike about it.

DAW

« Reply #126 on: October 23, 2009, 03:51:55 PM »

My friend John is getting married tomorrow and Ann Hampton Callaway is singing at his wedding.

Lucky him!!       :)

François

« Reply #127 on: October 23, 2009, 03:54:35 PM »

And speaking of Liz Callaway..  My friend John is getting married tomorrow and Ann Hampton Callaway is singing at his wedding.

Gee, Ann is so lucky to know your friend John.  ;)

Me, I want Dame Andrews to sing at my funerals! By that time she will have recovered all her voice, so they think!
Am I being too ... foolish? (Hmmm, this is not a question!  :)

Yes, it's the globalisation of BAD postal services!

Even here, as mentioned here by "yours truly" the other day, the more one pays the less one gets! It's ridiculous BUT, apart from me, BK and a few others, nobody seems to care!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: October 23, 2009, 03:54:43 PM »

And on top of everything, they left off the cheese on my turkey sandwich and had to bring it on the side - it just didn't taste the same for some reason.  Bastards.

François

« Reply #129 on: October 23, 2009, 03:56:23 PM »

Globalisation?

Ain't that an ugly word?!  :P

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: October 23, 2009, 03:56:53 PM »

You want to hear the topper of bad USPS stories?  I had a customer order Evening Primrose, which was shipped right to him just before mid-September.  He wrote me at the beginning of October telling me it hadn't arrived.  So, another lost package - great.  We waited a few more days just in case and then I sent him a replacement, which he got in two days.  Well, the original package just showed up today - FIVE and a half weeks after it was shipped!

François

« Reply #131 on: October 23, 2009, 03:57:51 PM »

And on top of everything, they left off the cheese on my turkey sandwich and had to bring it on the side - it just didn't taste the same for some reason.  Bastards.

And UNGLORIOUS at that!  ;)

Put the blame on ... Tarentino!

And Now, Tino At The Piano!

td

• td
« Reply #132 on: October 23, 2009, 03:58:22 PM »

John DePalma does an exquisite version, coupled with Harry  Nilsson's "I Guess the Lord Must Be in New York City" which you should listen to.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

François

« Reply #133 on: October 23, 2009, 03:58:41 PM »

My friend John is getting married tomorrow and Ann Hampton Callaway is singing at his wedding.

Lucky him!!       :)

For getting married? :)

François

« Reply #134 on: October 23, 2009, 04:01:07 PM »

You want to hear the topper of bad USPS stories?  I had a customer order Evening Primrose, which was shipped right to him just before mid-September.  He wrote me at the beginning of October telling me it hadn't arrived.  So, another lost package - great.  We waited a few more days just in case and then I sent him a replacement, which he got in two days.  Well, the original package just showed up today - FIVE and a half weeks after it was shipped!

Had the same happen to me with an Amazon order!

3 months after not receiving it I told Amazon the package was lost; they replaced it and  BOTH packages arrived within the same week!

François

« Reply #135 on: October 23, 2009, 04:02:56 PM »

John DePalma does an exquisite version, coupled with Harry  Nilsson's "I Guess the Lord Must Be in New York City" which you should listen to.

What about Brian's version, ;)

Just joking!

François

« Reply #136 on: October 23, 2009, 04:13:06 PM »

Soupy Shuffle or Shupy Soufflé?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: October 23, 2009, 04:13:42 PM »

I think that moving the actual haineshisway.com site will not be as difficult as I think, as long as the current hosting company sends me all our passwords.  I have them somewhere but wouldn't even know where to begin to look, since that all happened two computers ago - they may be in my old AOL filing cabinet, in which case I'll be able to retrieve them but I've just written our current host asking for all of that info, saying we're going to be doing some reconfiguring and potentially moving the site to a different host - I want out of there NOW - I'm paying triple what I'll be paying at the new place, and have all these ridiculous constraints, none of which will be an issue with the new host.  I should have done this when we changed the board software, but it was just too much to deal with at that point.  Once we've moved, then my designer and I will begin discussions about changing the main part of the site - possibly redesigning, but making it all easier to deal with in terms of getting new content on there.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #138 on: October 23, 2009, 04:15:34 PM »

My accountant says go to your 2008 1040, take the line 12 amount and multiply it by .0034; I owe $150.45 as my bit to help out the goddam asses at the MTA.

DR elmore - Why go back to 2008? The tax is based on what you made this year, 2009, after March 1, and only if your "net earnings" (from self-employment) are more than $10,000.

"When does this tax start?
The tax is effective March 1, 2009. For 2009 only, the tax is based on ten-twelfths of net earnings for the whole year (this eliminates the need to identify income earned before and after the March 1 date.)"

"When is my first payment due?
The first payment required for 2009 is due Monday, November 2, 2009. This required payment is equal to 75% of the total 2009 estimated tax. The following payment is due Monday, February 1, 2010."

Because it's the easiest way to pay an entire estimated payment for all of 2009. I doubt there will be much difference between my 2008 and 2009 incomes.

That's true.  You can't win the Tony until June of 2010, and that is when the money starts.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: October 23, 2009, 04:27:33 PM »

Well, I hope for my Tony nomination the producers use my best 16 bars for my submission and not the one bar from "If This isn't Love."
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

François

« Reply #140 on: October 23, 2009, 04:31:57 PM »

Gee, I don't need 16 bars to be drunk

Or my name is not Za Za Gaborrha!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 04:39:28 PM by François »

François

« Reply #141 on: October 23, 2009, 04:34:00 PM »

Some prefer a Maria nomination but it's just a question of sexual preference, that's all! ;)

François

« Reply #142 on: October 23, 2009, 04:35:38 PM »

Others prefer a Margarita nomination, but we're talking about bars again!

François

« Reply #143 on: October 23, 2009, 04:36:57 PM »

It seems page 5 will never end!

Nor will I!  ::)

François

« Reply #144 on: October 23, 2009, 04:38:35 PM »

Page 5 is boring! (Just like Eternity!)

Mostly near the end!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #145 on: October 23, 2009, 04:39:35 PM »

It's escalated beyond dislike - I will never do business with them again - period.  I may call a customer service rep to complain.  First off, I recently sent a Fed Ex box standard overnight to Seattle that was ten bucks cheaper than this envelope was.  I guess they now base it on WHERE it's going, too - it just never ends - fifty buck for something that used to cost $14.98 not that long ago and that could go anywhere in the United States.

My wife and I (in Austin) Fed-Exed a check to our financial advisor in Los Angeles that was supposed to arrive yesterday.  It didn't, because the driver attempted delivery after 5:30 when the office was closed.  It finally got there this afternoon.

>:(
You can dream…or you can do.

François

« Reply #146 on: October 23, 2009, 04:42:17 PM »

Do you know that one of the deleted songs from Lady & The Tramp, penned by Peggy Lee, is

"Old Druxy Is My Friend" ?

(It actually is "Old Trusty Is My Friend"  ;), but I like my "version" better!)

Date: December 20, 1956
Label: DECCA RECORDS

Peggy Lee (ldr), Sonny Burke (p, v), Peggy Lee (v)

a. L 9774   Master Old Trusty - 3:36  (Joseph F. "Sonny" Burke, Peggy Lee) / arr: Sonny Burke
     DECCA RECORDS LP: DL 8462 — Songs From Walt Disney's Lady And The Tramp   (1957)
     www~ Ace Of Hearts LP: (England) Ah 70 — Songs From Walt Disney's Lady And The Tramp   (1964)
     DISNEY's Buena Vista CS/LP: Bvs 2c 5008 / 5008s (Distributor: Pye) — Walt Disney's Lady And The Tramp    (1975)
     DECCA©Universal CD: (England) 1130342 — CLASSICS & COLLECTIBLES   (2003) 

« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 04:50:04 PM by François »

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #147 on: October 23, 2009, 04:45:50 PM »

Do you know that one of the deleted songs from Lady & The Tramp, penned by Peggy Lee, is

"Old Druxy Is My Friend" ?

(It actually is "Old Trusty Is My Friend"  ;), but I like my "version" better!)

What is this s**t with "old Druxy"?

The guy at my mailbox place calls me "old Druxy".

Are you two in cahoots, or something?

>:(
You can dream…or you can do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #148 on: October 23, 2009, 04:48:03 PM »

Well, I hope for my Tony nomination the producers use my best 16 bars for my submission and not the one bar from "If This isn't Love."

Oh!  I thought they would submit the Finale.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: October 23, 2009, 04:48:22 PM »

Our current host is now trying to get me to stay and says we have plenty of room and no problems for the foreseeable future - a different story than I got two weeks ago.  They're also finished doing their server upgrades so we'll have no down time like there's been over the last few weeks.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up