Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: WAYLAID BY EXTERNALS  (Read 20245 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: WAYLAID BY EXTERNALS
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2009, 09:23:51 AM »

I do remember when the new forum came in and all the brouhaha that it brought with it. SOme of us (including me) were thrilled we could post avatars, post pictures, work toward "God" status, etc. Others were upset about the change of format and were annoyed about being taken from their comfort zones.

And remember "karma"? THAT was fun! NOT!

I was one who initially had difficulty being taken from my comfort zone.  I fortunately also had Keith here to move me forward with the new format.

I missed the cute little Karma fairy when she was gone.  I did not miss how she was abused.

Jane

« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2009, 09:28:05 AM »

DR Jose, condolences to your dear friend Steve, and to you.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2009, 09:30:05 AM »

On February 29, 2004, I posted:

Time to say good night.

It was a satisfying Oscar cast for me.  No major surprises EXCEPT that the best film won everything it was nominated for!  That so SELDOM happens!

Oh, yes.  I do have a comment about the trend to give Oscars to young actresses on their first nominations:

Where are Helen Hunt, Gwyneth Paltrow and Halle Berry and WHAT are they doing that continues their careers down the path toward future Oscar-worthy performances?

Huh?

What?

Nobody Knows?

Harrumph!

It's more than 5 years later....and has anything at all worthwhile come out of any of those actresses?

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2009, 09:31:28 AM »

DR ELMORE - need you ask?

It would have to be a RIGHT wing....probably farther to the right than any other one on my street.

Would it be made of logs?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2009, 09:34:33 AM »

I didn’t know that was the Williams Brothers singing with Bing.  Song & dance man too, I had no idea.  Thanks for the link for the Andy Williams interviews DR Jose.  I only had time to listen to the first segment.  I’ll listen to the rest later.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2009, 09:42:30 AM »

Animator vs Animation.

If you have a couple of minutes to kill.....click the link....then click play.

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs13/f/2007/077/2/e/Animator_vs__Animation_by_alanbecker.swf
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2009, 09:58:29 AM »

And now a word from the

You Can't Make this Stuff Up

department.

::)

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2009, 10:00:07 AM »

I'm up, have answered various and sundried e-mails and will shortly do the long jog.  After that, I have checks to write (oh, yes, I write checks - many Kritzerland checks), banking to do, and more errands to run.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2009, 10:00:27 AM »

Nice postings about beginnings. 

Ginny

« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2009, 10:01:06 AM »

Animator vs Animation.

If you have a couple of minutes to kill.....click the link....then click play.

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs13/f/2007/077/2/e/Animator_vs__Animation_by_alanbecker.swf

Very cute, DR JRand.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2009, 10:05:43 AM »

Thanks, DR GINNY, Lord knows I try and some days it takes more effort than.......

Oh....you meant the link.

Thanks. 

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2009, 10:07:15 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Thank You for all the kind condolences.  (-I guess that's how one would phrase that?)  I'll be sure to pass those on to Steve later when I talk to him in person - he's been texting me updates throughout the morning. In the meantime, he's been spending time with his father and one of his sisters at the funeral home getting things in order and prepared for the services on Wednesday morning.  I'm not sure I can actually make it down on Wednesday to be there, but I will, at the latest and the least, head down Thursday night and stay for the weekend.  I just need to see how the rest of my week's schedule pans out.

Needless to say, I have yet to be "productive" today, but I think I've had my "quiet" time, and now I can start going through my To Do List.

Once again, Thank You for all your thoughts and prayers for Steve and myself. It really does mean a lot to me.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2009, 10:07:41 AM »

Off to the podiatrist - bye for now!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2009, 10:08:05 AM »

My very first post to HainesHisWay was the Tuesday after the Oscarcast in March 2004.  I had been posting on rec.arts.movies.music and was being assailed by one individual there who believe he OWNED the site and set the rules for everyone.

Bruce chimed in and put the ass in his place.  He then invited me to come to HainesHisWay and share my opinions there/here.

My very first post:

Okay, first things first:

Tom Cruise -- I don't believe for a second that he and Nicole are still "friends." I DO believe he used all his clout to get that spot on the Oscar show in a lame attempt to upstage Nicole. There was NO value in anything he had to say....who cares about his travels anyway?

Second...Tom Cruise. He does have two kids. Two that were ADOPTED. The Cruise penis did not enter a vagina and procreate.

Third...please! Rosie O'Donnell's instincts are STRONGER than Tom's toothy denials. She doesn't adore him because he's straight. Anyone else sick to DEATH of his smile -- the Cruise grin reminds me sometimes of a smirking skull.

Next...

What in hell could Cameron Diaz have been thinking when she left her house with her hair looking worse than it did when she applied the "Something About Mary" "gel" to it?

Did she pay some sicko hairdresser to do THAT to her hair? Revoke that queen's license! Quick!

Woody Allen WAS the class act of last night's show -- no question about it.

Next was Sidney Poitier -- much eloquence and sincerity.

Robert Redford was pretty darned spiffy, too (and I did not detect one single clue that he's ever had any face work done -- and he DESPERATELY needs some...he'd look SO much better).

Denzel was the class that Halle should have been. Too much "race" talk last night. I've never thought any of it was about race, when it came to acting nominations/awards. Overlook Spike Lee and you're a racist. Overlook Bas Luhrmann and, "Oh, well..."

When the performances are good enough, they get nominated. When the buzz is at its hottest, that's when the votes get cast...whether you're black, white, Australian, English or whatever else.

Dump the entire trend of backless-to-the-butt gowns -- not ONE of the actresses wearing them looked good in them. As one announcer said about Sharon Stone, "She showed us her 'junk in the trunk' and it wasn't very pretty."

Posted by Ron Pulliam @ 03/25/2002 01:40 PM PST

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2009, 10:09:26 AM »

Greetings from Toyland! It is very quiet here, which is what I like about the place. I have to look for acouple of missing scores and, once I find them, head home.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2009, 10:11:10 AM »

I do remember when the new forum came in and all the brouhaha that it brought with it. SOme of us (including me) were thrilled we could post avatars, post pictures, work toward "God" status, etc. Others were upset about the change of format and were annoyed about being taken from their comfort zones.

I was one who initially had difficulty being taken from my comfort zone.  I fortunately also had Keith here to move me forward with the new format.

I missed the cute little Karma fairy when she was gone.  I did not miss how she was abused.

I do not miss all the begging for karma...."Oh, I broke a fingernail!  Could I have some karma, PLEASSSSSE!?

That was my idea of "abuse".

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2009, 10:12:49 AM »

My TWELFTH NIGHT cd from Shakespeare in the Park arrived today.  As promised, an insert autographed by the band was also included in the package.  And it is FUN music....and of course Ann Hathaway and Raul Esparza singing can't be all bad.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2009, 10:17:32 AM »

I am home

I am sick.

And I am not happy.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

MBarnum

« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2009, 10:19:58 AM »

Vibes of wellness to TCB and vibes of support to Steve, DR Jose's friend.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2009, 10:28:18 AM »

DR TCB I hope you feel better soon....you've got some traveling to do, young man!

Laura

« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2009, 10:32:18 AM »

Aww, TCB. I'm sorry. At least you'll be better by the time your vacation comes around!
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2009, 10:35:09 AM »

I'd forgotten all about Karma - funny.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2009, 10:35:38 AM »

I just noticed that there's a documentary about the Leo Frank case on PBS tonight.  I think I'll go set the DVR to record it.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2009, 10:36:27 AM »

I am home

I am sick.

And I am not happy.

Just pop in your copy of HD Moods: Fire and I'm sure you'll feel better.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2009, 10:39:56 AM »

TOD - Just over 5 years ago, on a business trip to NYC I visited with longtime friend DR Elmore.  He kept talking about this website where he was spending a lot of time and sent me the link.  I lurked for a while, until DR JRand posted a photo of someone to identify and I signed up to answer - Nancy Dickerson.  My relationship with both HHW and NYC has flourished and deepened.

The irony about that visit with DR Elmore is that he had another friend in town that week and joked about "juggling 2 women."  The "other woman" was DR Jane!  We finally met, first online and then in person a year later when we were in NYC for DR Jose's famous walking and eating tour:

Who is that in the photo, right in front of Jason and behind Cilla's shoulder?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2009, 10:43:04 AM »

I'm going to head off-line now for a couple of hours. There are a couple of things I need to take care of around the apartment today.  I also received an email from Steve; his mother died this morning. So, I'll be checking in with him in a bit too.

Laters...

My deepest sympathies to Jose's DF Steve.

(and not because he knows Jose)
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2009, 10:44:34 AM »

I do not miss all the begging for karma...."Oh, I broke a fingernail!  Could I have some karma, PLEASSSSSE!?

That was my idea of "abuse".

Abuse was the way/reasons it was given, and the way/reasons it was taken.  Giving vibes is so much more supportive & meaningful. 

As for your first post-lol it is sooo you :)  Hmmm, after all this time do you think baby Sari is not of his loins? ;)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2009, 10:44:35 AM »

I am home

I am sick.

And I am not happy.

Get someone to come over to kiss it so you'll get better!

That, or eat some chicken soup!

Jane

« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2009, 10:45:58 AM »

I am home

I am sick.

And I am not happy.

You must have suspected last night when you posted getting this over with.  I hope it isn't H1N1.

SUPER SPEEDY RECOVERY VIBES!!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2009, 10:47:17 AM »

Yes DR DtM - it was an interesting TAR last night.  I was going to write something about it, but I changed my mind.

Please Jrand, start writing comments about TV shows again!  If you don't, I won't be able to mock you (well as much) or belittle you for your opinion.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Up