Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: TENDER TERRITORY  (Read 45750 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re: TENDER TERRITORY
« Reply #210 on: January 26, 2010, 08:01:24 PM »

Vibes to Ginny that you will be able to mobilize soon!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #211 on: January 26, 2010, 08:02:15 PM »

I really enjoyed NEXT TO NORMAL, Ben---thanks for the recommendation.

The only odd thing was, they used a different actress for the daughter after the second half. I thought the original one was terrific---wonderful voice. If there was something wrong, you sure couldn't tell. Maybe she had another obligation. It just seemed odd to change horses in midstream and I wondered if that's kind of a normal thing for Broadway, when you have to commit so much of your life to doing shows 6 days a week.

Psst... 8 shows.

Although, a 6-show week seems to be easier for some actors and actresses to negotiate now than before.

Yes, I know, but 6 days a week, too!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #212 on: January 26, 2010, 08:08:34 PM »

Time for me to leave work and go home.

Until later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #213 on: January 26, 2010, 08:10:39 PM »

In our most recent blizzard on Monday, an acquaintance was in a major pile up on Interstate 29.  I knew yesterday she wasn't in good shape, but didn't know until today that she died.  Candace was a really cool woman. She was married to a chef and they ran a couple different organc/local food restaurants. She went back to school later in life and was either now a social worker or about to become one. She had 3 daughters, I think the youngest may be high school age.  Once again we weren't close, but she was a good friend of a good friend so I saw her quite often at different social gatherings.   What a sad day for her family.

Cillaliz

« Reply #214 on: January 26, 2010, 08:13:01 PM »

Vibes to all who need them.  Not feeling much like being online any more tonight.  Although I'm using the office laptop with Windows 7, and I love it. But, I have added Outlook so I don't need Outlook Express and don't have it hooked up to any printers etc since I can just take it to the office and print on the office network, so I don't have compatibility issues

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #215 on: January 26, 2010, 08:14:34 PM »

In our most recent blizzard on Monday, an acquaintance was in a major pile up on Interstate 29.  I knew yesterday she wasn't in good shape, but didn't know until today that she died.  Candace was a really cool woman. She was married to a chef and they ran a couple different organc/local food restaurants. She went back to school later in life and was either now a social worker or about to become one. She had 3 daughters, I think the youngest may be high school age.  Once again we weren't close, but she was a good friend of a good friend so I saw her quite often at different social gatherings.   What a sad day for her family.

I think they had a picture of that crash in this morning's Oregonian.  One of the cars was literally completely on top of another.  Horrible.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #216 on: January 26, 2010, 08:17:36 PM »

DR Cillaliz - My condolences.  -And off-line time is always a good thing.
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #217 on: January 26, 2010, 08:22:50 PM »

I'm sorry, Cillaliz.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #218 on: January 26, 2010, 08:23:42 PM »

I really enjoyed NEXT TO NORMAL, Ben---thanks for the recommendation.

The only odd thing was, they used a different actress for the daughter after the second half. I thought the original one was terrific---wonderful voice. If there was something wrong, you sure couldn't tell. Maybe she had another obligation. It just seemed odd to change horses in midstream and I wondered if that's kind of a normal thing for Broadway, when you have to commit so much of your life to doing shows 6 days a week.

Psst... 8 shows.

Although, a 6-show week seems to be easier for some actors and actresses to negotiate now than before.

Yes, I know, but 6 days a week, too!

Yeah, the 6-days-a-week thing can take it's toll from time to time, but that's more a matter of what you do with your time outside of the theatre.  Your average work "day" is 3 hours... 8 times a week... 24 hours a week of "work"... Nice work if you can get it. And keep it!
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #219 on: January 26, 2010, 08:29:04 PM »

Thanks everyone.  I'm going to get some sleep. Vibes to all who need them

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #220 on: January 26, 2010, 08:34:18 PM »

TOD:

I don't think I ever had any favorite child actors.

I think I'm with Druxy.  I never had any favourite child actors and I can think of none that were a"must-see" situation for me.  I've enjoyed several Shirley Temple movies, but for the story or other actors involved, though I certainly can admired the child's talent.  I always thought Jackie Cooper was an amazingly intuitive, natural actor when young.  Likewise Margaret O'Brien.  But there was never a child actor who was a reason for seeing a movie, as far as I was concerned

I can think of a child actor I hated.  Weeping Bobs Watson who was always annoyingly cute and could really turn on the waterworks at the drop of a hat.  My cry whenever he came on the screen was "Kill the kid!"  I loved it when he was dragged by horses in DODGE CITY and thus out of the picture.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #221 on: January 26, 2010, 08:39:06 PM »

I like RODDY MCDOWELL in GRAPES OF WRATH!

Julie

« Reply #222 on: January 26, 2010, 08:53:03 PM »

I hope everything goes well with your medical appointments tomorrow, DR Druxy.

Julie

« Reply #223 on: January 26, 2010, 08:53:56 PM »

Cilla, I'm so sorry about your friend.  How awful.

Julie

« Reply #224 on: January 26, 2010, 08:57:01 PM »

Congrats to George and Ginny on their posting milestones.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #225 on: January 26, 2010, 09:30:43 PM »

Well... I actually think I'm going to get ready for bed.  It's been a long day, and with the repairman coming to fix the W/D in the morning, well...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #226 on: January 26, 2010, 11:14:09 PM »

I viewed, I wrote, I did the liner notes and I am EXHAUSTED!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up