Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: TENDER TERRITORY  (Read 45762 times)

Ginny

Re: TENDER TERRITORY
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2010, 11:29:14 AM »

Ginny, I'm glad you are more comfortable today. Enjoy the pampering. It won't last long.

Thanks, DR Laura.  Even though it gets tiring sometimes, I much prefer being the pamperer than the pampered.  Good thing I had nothing on my calendar this week!

Is this the same leg you had it in last time?

Yes, the left.  Last time though, the clot was in my thigh, this time it's in my calf and that seemed to be the determining factor for being treated at home vs. being admitted to the hospital.  Apparently, clots above the knee are considered more of a risk for breaking off and traveling to other parts of your body - lungs, heart, brain.

it is comforting to know this clot isn't as potentially dangerous. it is more difficult to sit still & be pampered when you basically feel fine & up to doing things.  vibes of patience!

Yes, that's the good news.  The bad news, which I got from this morning's nurse, is that a recurrence of DVT (deep vein thrombosis) is often an indication that one should take blood thinners forever.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2010, 11:29:42 AM »

Welcome to page 4 - no dancing for me.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2010, 11:35:19 AM »

thanks laura & ginny.  my stomach has been bothering me since i began reducing the pain meds.  on them it was great & i could eat anything i wanted which was a real treat for me. 

Jane

« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2010, 11:36:33 AM »

ginny, i expected you to have to stay on a low dose of the blood thinners from now on. :(

Ginny

« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2010, 11:46:09 AM »

ginny, i expected you to have to stay on a low dose of the blood thinners from now on. :(

We'll see, but I won't be surprised.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2010, 11:53:13 AM »

ATTN: Members of CLASSMATES -

Unless you want to get stuck with an annual Gold Membership that you don't want, be sure that your renewal status is marked "Manual," NOT "Automatic". I caught/disputed the charge 2 days after it was made, and Classmates would not cancel it.

>:(

Yes NewspaperArchive.com does the same thing.  I finally got my membership canceled....finally. 
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2010, 12:04:56 PM »

I forgot that IT'S A MAD(x5) WORLD arrived at my house yesterday and that I brought it to work today to upload to my iPod, which I'm in the process of doing now.  Love all the Jack Davis art work.  And I like the cast photo on the next to last page of the booklet where everyone is smiling and looking at the camera (well, not *everyone*, Mr. Shawn...)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2010, 12:15:17 PM »

I forgot that IT'S A MAD(x5) WORLD arrived at my house yesterday and that I brought it to work today to upload to my iPod, which I'm in the process of doing now.  Love all the Jack Davis art work.  And I like the cast photo on the next to last page of the booklet where everyone is smiling and looking at the camera (well, not *everyone*, Mr. Shawn...)

I've been driving around today, listening to the music in the car.

:)
You can dream…or you can do.

Laura

« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2010, 12:16:15 PM »

How are you feeling today, Druxy?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2010, 12:25:39 PM »

Topic of the Day:

TOD:

Margaret O'Brien in MEET ME IN ST LOUIS
Young Natalie Wood in MIRACLE ON 34th STREET
Anna Paquin in THE PIANO
Tatum O'Neal in PAPER MOON
Quinn Cummings in THE GOODBYE GIRL

Ditto to all of these!  As well as:

Hayley Mills
Haley Joel Osment in "The Sixth Sense"
Shirley Temple
Henry Thomas in "ET"
The "Our Gang" gangs and "Little Rascals" rascals
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2010, 12:25:58 PM »

Off to work on the website of the PCPH!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2010, 12:57:39 PM »

More screencaps from MUSIC MAN are in my review:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Music-Man-Blu-ray/7513/
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jennifer

« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2010, 01:03:32 PM »

ATTN: Members of CLASSMATES -

Unless you want to get stuck with an annual Gold Membership that you don't want, be sure that your renewal status is marked "Manual," NOT "Automatic". I caught/disputed the charge 2 days after it was made, and Classmates would not cancel it.

>:(

Can't you just contact your credit card company and tell them that you do not want it, and did not sign up for it. And that they are trying to charge you ror another year.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #103 on: January 26, 2010, 01:08:15 PM »

DR Jane, I finally watched the first two episodes of HUMAN TARGET.

I didn't love it. But I did find both episodes enjoyable.  I think Mark Valley is fine. Although i'm not sure how much i like him yet. I do love Chi McBride.

I wish that there were more than 3 regulars.  And none of them are women. This seems really weird to me (and not in a good way).

The first two episodes worked partly because the scenarios were interesting. But also i found the 2 women guest stars very good (really loved DEXTER girl).

Speaking of that, there is a new HUMAN TARGET episode tonight at 9. This is coming on due to the State of the Union Address tomorrow night and Fox didn't want to preempt the show then.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2010, 01:10:40 PM »

Oh and i'm gonna record last year's finale of LOST. Even though they are showing a recap show next week before the premiere. I'd like to either watch the finale or at least the end to remind myself. It's been so long, i don't remember a lot of it.

Since I reviewed the Blu-ray box set of last season just a month ago, thankfully, I don't need this recap. But I'm glad it's there for those who need to refresh their memories. I certainly would have needed it if my last encounter with the show was last May.

Matt H.

« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2010, 01:13:27 PM »

I watched last night's CASTLE while I ate lunch. The two leads are SO great together, and the show is tremendously entertaining just due to their chemistry. Fortunately, the case was a pretty good one too, pretty complex scheme to squeeze into an hour show, so some of the explanations were a trifle rushed.

Still, very entertaining. I enjoyed it.

Matt H.

« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2010, 01:16:07 PM »

Then I skimmed through last night's WWE Raw show. No, I don't normally watch wrestling, but James Roday and Dule Hill from PSYCH were supposed to be on (John Cena is guest starring on the premiere tomorrow night). I was disappointed that James Roday was there only by phone hook-up. Or, at least, that's the way it seemed. I didn't stop often to check out every minute of the show. I was anxious to see some of his shenanigans with those huge wrestlers, so I was disappointed.

Matt H.

« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2010, 01:17:34 PM »

Then I began today's work project and managed to watch four episodes of JAG from the 10th (final) season box set. Three of the four did end up in the courtroom or a senate hearing which is a greater average so far than the last time that I reviewed a set (season 8). In that season, only 1 our of 3 episodes brought them to court.

Matt H.

« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2010, 01:21:31 PM »

The biggest on-going storyline in the first four episodes was the selection of a replacement for the retired head of JAG. A Marine was chosen causing a HUGE stir among the mainly Navy personnel in the office.

Matt H.

« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2010, 01:45:54 PM »

More TV news:

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER has been renewed for a sixth season; it was announced this morning by CBS. I'm sure they're happy over there since the program has been a "bubble show" for the last couple of years. This year, no bubble.

Matt H.

« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2010, 01:47:27 PM »

Now I want to do a little writing so I'll hop off-line for the moment. Then, back downstairs for more JAG and then I plan to watch tonight's new edition of NCIS around 9:10. I'll save HUMAN TARGET and WHITE COLLAR for tomorrow where one of them will be watched as I eat lunch.

WBBL.

FJL

« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2010, 02:44:55 PM »

Having bad internet trouble.  Just wanted to drop in and say hi while it's working.

George

« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2010, 02:46:10 PM »

More screencaps from MUSIC MAN are in my review:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Music-Man-Blu-ray/7513/

Great review, Jeff...except for one thing:  it's "a Lot," not "Alot."

I'm just sayin'. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Laura

« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2010, 02:52:20 PM »

After a break of a couple of weeks, our newest recurring character has called me again: Drunk Duane. Luckily I had given him a special ringtone and knew not to answer.

Ginny

« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2010, 03:01:26 PM »

So, is DD's ringtone "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2010, 03:08:52 PM »

I am back after a long day at Encores! It was great to see Rob Berman today, and Joshie is always fun to work with. Most of my day was spent cutting and pasting a transposition. The current Encores! intern Greg is also an interesting addition to the group.

I am very tired and ready for a nap.

So, what's for dinner?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #116 on: January 26, 2010, 03:09:14 PM »

Ginny, I just noticed that if you post three more posts and I post two more posts (after this one), I will have EXACTLY twice as many posts as you (not that I'm bragging ;)) and we both will have reached plateaus! ;D

Jane

« Reply #117 on: January 26, 2010, 03:09:34 PM »

I watched last night's CASTLE while I ate lunch. The two leads are SO great together, and the show is tremendously entertaining just due to their chemistry.

i agree & also like his family chemistry.  i love castle's expressions-sooo cute.

Laura

« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2010, 03:10:01 PM »

If I had that one on the phone I'd use it, Ginny.

He is "ding dong," since he's so stupid he can't understand I'm NOT Mary.

Jane

« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2010, 03:10:42 PM »

So, is DD's ringtone "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up