Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: TONGUE  (Read 51467 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: TONGUE
« Reply #150 on: February 02, 2010, 12:38:08 PM »

Was ERCOLE mentioned?

No, because I just knew him last night as Zach. I think we'll be working on a project together and I will give him grief about it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #151 on: February 02, 2010, 12:48:32 PM »

What do people think of the nominations?

No surprises.
You can dream…or you can do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #152 on: February 02, 2010, 12:50:56 PM »

And now I am 57. How the hell did that happen???

One day at a time, Ben...one day at a time. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #153 on: February 02, 2010, 12:54:56 PM »

There's a lot of local interest in Woody Harrelson's nomination because he graduated from Lebanon (OH) High School and this nomination for Best Documentary Short resonates both because of the subject matter and the personnel.  Julia used to attend my fundraising programming at the library.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: February 02, 2010, 12:57:14 PM »

Andy Borowitz on CATCHER IN THE RYE:

HOLLYWOOD (The Borowitz Report) – Just hours after author J.D. Salinger passed away at his New Hampshire home on Wednesday, Hollywood studios were already salivating at the chance to finally ruin his masterpiece, Catcher in the Rye.

“If we are fortunate enough to acquire the rights to Mr. Salinger’s book, we pledge to stay faithful to the spirit of Catcher in the Rye,” said Dougy Binstock, a producer at Columbia Pictures.  “And the best way to do that is by producing it as a rock opera.”

But even as Mr. Binstock was bidding for the rights to produce a film he hopes to call Phantom of the Rye, Mindy Hammerfur, an executive at Paramount Pictures, said she thought Salinger's book was “seriously in need of a reboot.”

“We never find out in the book how Holden Caulfield becomes the catcher in the rye,” said Ms. Hammerfur.  “The movie really needs to be kind of a prequel.”

But of all the potential bidders hoping to desecrate Catcher in the Rye, Avatar director James Cameron may have the inside track.

“I loved this book as a boy and I’m not going to change a thing,” Mr. Cameron said, “except for adding blue space-cats.”

Elsewhere, CBS said it had rejected an ad for a gay dating site for the 2010 Super Bowl, but that it would still air three hours of men in tight pants slapping each other on the ass.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #155 on: February 02, 2010, 12:58:21 PM »

What will they call it, American Idiot?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #156 on: February 02, 2010, 12:59:14 PM »

Maybe I will send you my ERCOLE dvd sleeve for an autograph.

Nominations?

It makes me realize how out of touch I am with current trends....and also how a lot of the current trends are so much crap.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

« Reply #157 on: February 02, 2010, 01:01:38 PM »

TOD

Dislike:

Gordon Grody: The Ballad of Sweeney Todd (Disco)

Horseracing...this is a "like" for me. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #158 on: February 02, 2010, 01:02:12 PM »

I think my favorite is

Liz Callaway's My Heart Is So Full Of You.

Absolutely Gorgeous

For me its a perfect recording.
Vocal
Orchestration
Arrangements
The mix (or whatever the technical term is)

I can listen to the song over and over.

The Instrumental break soars especially with the piano playing of
Alex Rybeck

This is followed by Joey, Joey on the same recording

If you can find the cd "Anywhere I Wonder" I highly recommend it.

Michael, I completely agree with you!

George

« Reply #159 on: February 02, 2010, 01:04:18 PM »

Topic of the Day:

I love the 1975 recording (reissued on CD) of "Send in the Clowns" by Anni-Frid Lyngstad, the brunette in ABBA.  She sings it in Swedish and I would assume that it's the first recording of the song in the language of the movie that the musical is based on. 

Does anyone know if there is a Swedish recording of A Little Night Music??

George

« Reply #160 on: February 02, 2010, 01:05:33 PM »

For fans of entertaining films, TCM will air the 1944 Paramount "ghost" story "The Uninvited" Thursday from 5-7 p.m. PST (8-9 p.m., EST)

The film stars Ray Milland and Ruth Hussey.  There is a supporting character in the film called "Stella"...and it is she who is the "Stella" in the song "Stella By Starlight."  Victor Young wrote the score and the theme that became "Stella By Starlight" when Ned Washington provided lyrics after the film was released.  The song does not appear in the film and it does not actually reflect anything germane about the film or the character.  Milland has a line in the film while he plays a piano.  He says his composition is about "Stella by starlight".

It's a fun film...certainly worthy of your time and attention.  And it's a rare occasion for this film to air on TV.

Oh! Oh! Oh! "Stella by Starlight!" Can someone please burn me a DVD??????????

Unless something goes horribly wrong, I can.  I want to see this, also.  Theater Artists Olympia did this show in December.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #161 on: February 02, 2010, 01:13:54 PM »

Matt, my comment yesterday regarding CURTAIN was made in jest (Note: the smiley  ;)). 

I did note the smiley/wink. However, you have to understand that the only time I ever left this forum was due to a mild comment about spoilers which rankled, and I have to say that one did too, as you no doubt saw.

Sorry, but on the subject of spoilers, I just don't see the humor, and I never will.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #162 on: February 02, 2010, 01:15:56 PM »

Speaking of telecasts on TCM, I forgot to mention it last night, but I tuned in to the telecast of FUNNY GIRL hoping to see it in HD on TCM-HD, and I was sorely disappointed that it wasn't broadcast in HD. Boo, TCM!

Matt H.

« Reply #163 on: February 02, 2010, 01:17:33 PM »

How many episodes of SPARTACUS have been aired on STARZ?

Two thus far.

Laura

« Reply #164 on: February 02, 2010, 01:18:10 PM »

TOD: The Plaids singing "The Ballad of Sweeney Todd."
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Matt H.

« Reply #165 on: February 02, 2010, 01:19:41 PM »

In the major categories, pretty much as expected.

I have't looked at some of technical categories yet. They hadn't been uploaded this morning when I was surfing. I'll see them later.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #166 on: February 02, 2010, 01:19:50 PM »

I like DR Laura's TOD responses!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #167 on: February 02, 2010, 01:19:51 PM »

And speaking of SPOILERS...

Remember - "Lost" starts back up tonight.  -As if those DRs who watch the show needed any reminder about that.  ;)

*And I guess that DR Michael S will not be reading this site for the next few months.  ::)  -Unless he decides to watch them "live" this time around instead of waiting for the DVDs.
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #168 on: February 02, 2010, 01:20:26 PM »

And the bird pix of yesterday. One of them I've never heard of much less have any idea how to pronounce!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #169 on: February 02, 2010, 01:21:24 PM »

DR Michael S - Sorry, I don't/didn't mean to talk behind your back as it were, but... Keep an eye for SPOILER ALERTS every Wednesday night and Thursday morning (at least) over the next few months.  -Just in case you do decided to wait for the DVDs again.
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #170 on: February 02, 2010, 01:22:00 PM »

Regarding the nominations: I've only seen one or two nominees this year. It was just not a movie-going year for us. I do feel SO SAD that Clint wasn't nominated for best director or picture for INVICTUS. SO SAD!

Matt H.

« Reply #171 on: February 02, 2010, 01:22:41 PM »

I watched last night's DAMAGES while I ate lunch. Good show, but with many more flashes to six months in the future than I remember them having in past seasons. They sure add to the build-up of tension over the course of the next few weeks.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #172 on: February 02, 2010, 01:23:32 PM »

And, once again, here's a link to the Lorem Ipsum page should any DRs be in need of "dummy" text in their SPOILERS.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #173 on: February 02, 2010, 01:24:12 PM »

DR Michael S - Sorry, I don't/didn't mean to talk behind your back as it were, but... Keep an eye for SPOILER ALERTS every Wednesday night and Thursday morning (at least) over the next few months.  -Just in case you do decided to wait for the DVDs again.

Or even Tuesday nights and Wednesday mornings.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #174 on: February 02, 2010, 01:24:23 PM »

Regarding the nominations: I've only seen one or two nominees this year. It was just not a movie-going year for us. I do feel SO SAD that Clint wasn't nominated for best director or picture for INVICTUS. SO SAD!

And, that my Dear DR edisaurus, deserves a shot of City Bakery's Chili Pepper Hot Chocolate!

;D

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #175 on: February 02, 2010, 01:25:03 PM »

Noted and corrected and DUH'd.  :)

Thanks, DR MattH.

*I guess I should look at a calendar more often.
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #176 on: February 02, 2010, 01:25:55 PM »

I happened to look at an LA Weekly on my flight home and saw the Residents were playing in LA. Then I looked into my email and saw one to say they were coming to Atlanta. So I will be going over to the venue and picking up tickets pronto. They don't tour here very often so it's exciting!

Matt H.

« Reply #177 on: February 02, 2010, 01:26:35 PM »

Then I settled in with my work project for the day - AMELIA.

Kind of a yawn actually. It's OK (covering the years 1928-37), but there was no energy at all to the direction, the performances, the script. It ticked off some of Earhart's major accomplishments during those years, but apart from a host of good actors and an OK depiction of the era, it wasn't involving at all as, say, THE AVIATOR was.

Matt H.

« Reply #178 on: February 02, 2010, 01:27:34 PM »

Noted and corrected and DUH'd.  :)

Thanks, DR MattH.

*I guess I should look at a calendar more often.

Well, I just figured you were thinking tonight was Wednesday. Happens to the best of us. Last week, I thought Friday was Saturday all day long.

Edisaurus

« Reply #179 on: February 02, 2010, 01:27:47 PM »

Re: tongue...I've never eaten it.  I've seen it packaged in slices, but the first time I saw the whole tongue was in a case at Canter's deli in LA. Once I saw the whole tongue I couldn't imagine eating it. Blech.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up