Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: AT ONE WITH THE WORLD  (Read 44008 times)

Cillaliz

Re: AT ONE WITH THE WORLD
« Reply #180 on: February 05, 2010, 08:30:11 PM »

I had a nice evening. A friend in our social group just turned 87.  You'd never know it, that's for sure. Anyway we all met at a nice happy hour and it was fun to see some friends I haven't seen in a long time.  The restaurant has cajun food every year leading up to Fat Tuesday.  It was great food

Cillaliz

« Reply #181 on: February 05, 2010, 08:31:43 PM »

My weekend project is to see as many oscar nominated movies as possible.  I rented The Hurt Locker, Inglourious Basterds and District 9.  can't decide if I'll give in and go to Avatar, but I want to see Precious, Crazy Heart and a few others.  Haven't decided yet

Cillaliz

« Reply #182 on: February 05, 2010, 08:32:23 PM »

It's a lot of movie watching for one weekend, so I may have to figure out what will be here next week and what will be gone

Cillaliz

« Reply #183 on: February 05, 2010, 08:33:04 PM »

Merry page 7 to all and to all a good night!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #184 on: February 05, 2010, 08:44:06 PM »

Well, it is now 10:40/11:40pm, and since I want to get another early start tomorrow morning...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #185 on: February 05, 2010, 09:20:56 PM »

Jose - no rumbling and I must say it was sold out last night - although some of that may have been paper.  For lunch - the California Market Salad.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: February 05, 2010, 09:34:11 PM »

I'm back from seeing a new play, SAFE HOME, which was quite moving and very good.  Here's the TIMES review:
http://theater.nytimes.com/2010/01/20/theater/reviews/20safe.html?scp=1&sq=safe%20home&st=cse
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #187 on: February 05, 2010, 09:34:53 PM »

Jose - no rumbling and I must say it was sold out last night - although some of that may have been paper.  For lunch - the California Market Salad.

Do you really think that the Playhouse will be closed for good?
Never stop dreaming.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #188 on: February 05, 2010, 09:39:29 PM »

Oy, I have been a reviewing machine today.  Did a STANLEY JORDAN BD, and CHIHULY BD and am about to finish a MIKE STERN BD.  Stern played with Miles Davis and is Kyra Sedgwick's half brother, so his six degrees to Kevin Bacon is about a half a degree.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #189 on: February 05, 2010, 09:44:17 PM »

Do you really think that the Playhouse will be closed for good?

It's a little hard to know.  There is a part of me that thinks this was done for publicity and to see if they could get support - I suppose we'll know soon.

MBarnum

« Reply #190 on: February 05, 2010, 10:44:27 PM »

I see that Universal will be releasing a Barbara Stanwyck box in April that contains one of my all-time favorite performances of hers: ALL I DESIRE (directed by DOuglas Sirk). Really looking forward to that release.

How wonderful! I have ALL I DESIRE on a region 2 dvd, and it is a favorite of mine as well. I must do some googling and find out the other titles in the set! Probably THERE'S ALWAYS TOMORROW will be one of them...another goodie!

MBarnum

« Reply #191 on: February 05, 2010, 10:46:50 PM »

I just finished watching THE UNINVITED, which I had never before seen. I sure enjoyed it. When I talk to Guy Madison's brother, I will have many questions for him about Gail Russell.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up