Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: AT ONE WITH THE WORLD  (Read 11817 times)

Cillaliz

Re: AT ONE WITH THE WORLD
« Reply #180 on: February 05, 2010, 08:30:11 PM »

I had a nice evening. A friend in our social group just turned 87.  You'd never know it, that's for sure. Anyway we all met at a nice happy hour and it was fun to see some friends I haven't seen in a long time.  The restaurant has cajun food every year leading up to Fat Tuesday.  It was great food

Cillaliz

« Reply #181 on: February 05, 2010, 08:31:43 PM »

My weekend project is to see as many oscar nominated movies as possible.  I rented The Hurt Locker, Inglourious Basterds and District 9.  can't decide if I'll give in and go to Avatar, but I want to see Precious, Crazy Heart and a few others.  Haven't decided yet

Cillaliz

« Reply #182 on: February 05, 2010, 08:32:23 PM »

It's a lot of movie watching for one weekend, so I may have to figure out what will be here next week and what will be gone

Cillaliz

« Reply #183 on: February 05, 2010, 08:33:04 PM »

Merry page 7 to all and to all a good night!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #184 on: February 05, 2010, 08:44:06 PM »

Well, it is now 10:40/11:40pm, and since I want to get another early start tomorrow morning...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #185 on: February 05, 2010, 09:20:56 PM »

Jose - no rumbling and I must say it was sold out last night - although some of that may have been paper.  For lunch - the California Market Salad.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: February 05, 2010, 09:34:11 PM »

I'm back from seeing a new play, SAFE HOME, which was quite moving and very good.  Here's the TIMES review:
http://theater.nytimes.com/2010/01/20/theater/reviews/20safe.html?scp=1&sq=safe%20home&st=cse
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #187 on: February 05, 2010, 09:34:53 PM »

Jose - no rumbling and I must say it was sold out last night - although some of that may have been paper.  For lunch - the California Market Salad.

Do you really think that the Playhouse will be closed for good?
“The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles.”

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #188 on: February 05, 2010, 09:39:29 PM »

Oy, I have been a reviewing machine today.  Did a STANLEY JORDAN BD, and CHIHULY BD and am about to finish a MIKE STERN BD.  Stern played with Miles Davis and is Kyra Sedgwick's half brother, so his six degrees to Kevin Bacon is about a half a degree.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #189 on: February 05, 2010, 09:44:17 PM »

Do you really think that the Playhouse will be closed for good?

It's a little hard to know.  There is a part of me that thinks this was done for publicity and to see if they could get support - I suppose we'll know soon.

MBarnum

« Reply #190 on: February 05, 2010, 10:44:27 PM »

I see that Universal will be releasing a Barbara Stanwyck box in April that contains one of my all-time favorite performances of hers: ALL I DESIRE (directed by DOuglas Sirk). Really looking forward to that release.

How wonderful! I have ALL I DESIRE on a region 2 dvd, and it is a favorite of mine as well. I must do some googling and find out the other titles in the set! Probably THERE'S ALWAYS TOMORROW will be one of them...another goodie!

MBarnum

« Reply #191 on: February 05, 2010, 10:46:50 PM »

I just finished watching THE UNINVITED, which I had never before seen. I sure enjoyed it. When I talk to Guy Madison's brother, I will have many questions for him about Gail Russell.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up