Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: CORRECTIONS, FIXES, ADDITIONS, AND SUBTRACTIONS  (Read 21100 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: CORRECTIONS, FIXES, ADDITIONS, AND SUBTRACTIONS
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2010, 09:15:38 AM »

Looks like another pretty day today.  Naturally, local ABC predicted rains returning.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2010, 09:17:06 AM »

What, no one saw Lost?  A far cry from when this show was in season one and two.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2010, 09:21:25 AM »

Last night, around 9:30 pm, my mom called to tell me that her TV went kaplooee! I ran over to her apartment and checked it out and indeed it seems to be no more. It is only 4 years old, one would think it should last a bit longer, but alas.... So tonight, after dinner and grocery shopping we will stop at Best Buy and see what they have to offer. I suspect that mom will also need a new TV stand, as her current one will not likely hold the widescreen TVs that they make now.

Assisting a stubborn, 81 year old in a major electronics purchase is going to require major praying for Rosemary's Baby.

DR MBarnum, I bought my mom a 40" Dynex...house brand HD flat screen and she loves it. It's on sale now, too. It has a lot more features and looks better than ours (some name brand, smaller HD TV). It's on sale now, too! Have her call my 80 year old mom for advice...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Laura

« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2010, 09:54:16 AM »

I suggest you buy a television and bring it home to her.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2010, 09:59:49 AM »

The easiest way I've found to get a new television (several, actually) is to simply purchase a new house.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2010, 10:00:43 AM »

BK, are you going to trek to Olympia for THE BRAIN?  I was thinking maybe we could have a little HHW get together cum house warming party chez Kauffman.  Though, George, when is the production?  We have two pretty long driving trips this summer.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2010, 10:03:08 AM »

My sister and I are agog (yes, agog) with all the info DR Jane's Keith has unearthed about my father's family.  Growing up we were literally forbidden from talking about his upbringing, due to the trauma and all, and we never really had any firm facts until I was able to access the foster care records around 1994 or so.  That gave Keith enough preliminary info to go on, but he has worked wonders.  The funny thing is, we have my mother's family tree going back to the 1300's and I couldn't care less about it (despite being related to some very famous Swiss families).  The mystery of my father's genealogy has always fascinated me.

JMK

« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2010, 10:04:09 AM »

And because we are all sick the phone has been ringing off the hook with realtors wanting to show the house.  Oy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2010, 10:13:13 AM »

What, no one saw Lost?  A far cry from when this show was in season one and two.

I saw -- and loved -- last night's "Lost". 

I think, however, that with you openly disliking it, others are reluctant to come on and say they had liked it.  I am not loath to disagree as I know you appreciate honest opinions whether they are the same as yours or not.

I think this season is off to a brilliant start, and this alternate timeline arc is absolutely mesmerizing.  Last night's was the best episode thus far this season and was completely unexpected.

Nothing is as it was in previous seasons' flashbacks.  John Locke was not living with his girlfriend...she cast him adrift before he ever went to Australia.  Ben was on the island, not teaching in a high school.  Hugo was rich, but unlucky -- not this timeline's "luckiest guy in the world."  Where it's headed no one can truly see.  It's not being redundant, though...IMO.  And I loved the things that Benjamin Linus said over John's grave on the island.

POSSIBLE SPOILER

Xkdkj j k;lkjf;lj adkflkj fdslkj ;lfkdf j;lkajdf;l kjk jadfklj afds sadf;lksd;lfkj Who was this young boy who "Locke" saw but Richard did not.  And later Sawyer saw the boy ...to "Locke's" surprise.   Can this be Jacob incarnated in another body?  I have a theory about the alternate timeline.  And this theory is that the alternate timeline in which Oceanic 815 did not crash is not what "might have happened" but a fabricated reality for the "survivors" who will, at the end, either be in suspended states of hibernation...or dead.jkdjkld jkl l;kfklj;a;lkj adfj ;lkja sdf;lkj ;lkjdsfl;kjad ;lfkj ;alksjf ;lkj ;lkajdf;lkj ;alkjf .
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 10:25:41 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2010, 10:15:14 AM »

Time will, of course, tell when it comes to "Lost". 
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2010, 10:15:51 AM »

And because we are all sick the phone has been ringing off the hook with realtors wanting to show the house.  Oy.

And how silly of them.  They thought you wanted to SELL your house!

JMK

« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2010, 10:17:03 AM »

My biggest issue with LOST thus far is that there are, despite the trailer hype, very few answers being doled out.

Jennifer

« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2010, 10:23:12 AM »

I think with the Olympics being on people might just not be watching it live. I know I still love the show, but did not watch it last night.

Also American Idol picking their top 24 was on at the same time.

Jennifer

« Reply #74 on: February 17, 2010, 10:26:15 AM »

re: AMERICAN IDOL

I don't know if this is common knowledge, but one person who they showed already making it to the top 24 has been kicked off the show. Not one of my favorites. Maybe they will mention it tonight.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2010, 10:27:14 AM »

I think with the Olympics being on people might just not be watching it live. I know I still love the show, but did not watch it last night.

What I am hating about the Olympics coverage is the fact that the most-watched events -- figure skating -- are not being aired live PST.  There's no excuse for holding people back until 11:30-12 p.m. for the final skates when they had been over an hour before.   Who's kidding whom about these other events being as "important"??  Thus far, every name who has been put forth as a potential U.S. gold medalist has NOT produced...and possibly because of the pressure this no-holds-barred coverage has placed upon them.  Even the commentators are crappy.  Bob Costas has the charisma of a mannequin at Macy's.  Chris Collinsworth is trying, but his banter with Costas is lame, lame, lame.  I enjoy the comments by Dick Button in his short sgements with the dull Costas, and he is still preferable to Scott Hamilton's "gasping" commentary. 

Don't get me started on Sandra Bezic...who makes me laugh out loud at least once for each competition she's calling.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 10:36:55 AM by Ron Pulliam »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2010, 10:29:07 AM »

well, the fallout I expected finally happened today and it has been pretty ugly. it may get worse.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2010, 10:29:16 AM »

Oh and if anyone wants to know who the kicked off AMERICAN IDOL contestant is:

space

one two one two three four one two three four one two three four one two three four one two buckle your shoe
one two one two three four one two three four one two three four one two three four one two buckle your shoe
I can't remember his name. I think it's mike. He's the big black guy who i believe they showed making it first (the one whose wife had the baby). Apparently his father told some media that he had made the top 24. And that is cause to be kicked off the show. one two one two three four one two three four one two three four one two three four one two buckle your shoeone two one two three four one two three four one two three four one two three four one two buckle your shoeone two one two three four one two three four one two three four one two three four one two buckle your shoe

Jennifer

« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2010, 10:31:11 AM »

What I am hating about the Olympics coverage is the fact that the most-watched events -- figure skating -- are not being aired live PST.  There's no excuse for holding people back until 11:30-12 p.m. for the final skates when they had been over an hour before.   Who's kidding whom about these other events being as "important"????????

Sorry for you guys. I'm surprised none of the NBC channels are showing these events live. I thought maybe NBC was showing some stuff live because the other day i was waiting for speed skating and none of the canadian channels were showing it live (the preliminary round that had apolo anton ohno) and it was live on NBC.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2010, 10:34:04 AM »

No, NBC is mixing things up over a four-hour block each night.  Prime-time means squat.   Look...here's a short program by a Czech skater...and we will be back after we get the complete qualifying run of the snowboarding competition.  But next, here's a profile on polar bears.  And coming up, can Lindsey Vonn carry the universe on her shoulders and live up to the hype we, the media, have placed on her?

The Olympics "used to be" an event.  Now it's a farce during which athletes become international stars...for a time.

Laura

« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2010, 10:36:50 AM »

Uh oh, Elmore. I hope it's not affecting you.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2010, 10:39:14 AM »

Uh oh, Elmore. I hope it's not affecting you.

I wonder what the chances are of that!!   Hang in there, Larry!

JMK

« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2010, 10:42:20 AM »

Larry, speak softly and carry a gigantic baton.  ;)

JMK

« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2010, 10:42:52 AM »

One interesting fact that Keith dug up a few years ago is that I am related to a whole slew of Orloffs.  And yes, I do have Jewish thighs.  :)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2010, 10:46:53 AM »

LOST --SPOILER WARNINGS...

I watched and was intrigued, but I'm not buying the hype that this episode was providing any kind of illumination.  If anything, we have a new mystery with the young boy.  And as far as anything that FakeLocke told Sawyer, it's certainly lies or half-truths.  And we know better than to believe that Sawyer is going to side-up with this guy...

And I agree that they are going to also going to have to start providing a reason for the "Flash Sideways"--some reason why this world exists and why its stories are being told.  I do have a theory:  in this world, the bomb not only prevented the Incident, but also somehow allowed the Man In Black to escape the island  (and to somehow sink it in order to prevent his being imprisoned there again.)  I think that shortly, the "Flash Sidways" will reveal the Man In Black's presence in the everyday world, and more than likely it won't be good.  Jacob, still living, would be doing everything in his power to manipulate the "candidates" into recapturing his foe.

That's my guess, anyway...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2010, 10:47:57 AM »

Yes, buy a television that looks exactly like the old one and replace it without telling her and then say you've fixed it.  You'll be a hero!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2010, 10:49:02 AM »

Survival vibes for DR ELMORE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Edisaurus

« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2010, 10:51:02 AM »

My thoughts precisely. Then she HAS to like it!

Laura

« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2010, 10:53:34 AM »

I think it's very exciting that Keith was able to do that research for you and that you are finding interesting information.

JMK

« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2010, 10:59:43 AM »

Yes, Laura, it's been more than just "interesting"--we've actually been kind of haunted by what we don't know and Keith is helping to finally provide answers after a long, long time.  My sister actually did some pre-internet(s) sleuthing when she lived in England (where my father and some of his siblings were born) and by a completely miraculous chain of events was able to find birth certificates for all the Kauffman kids as well as our grandparents' marriage certificate, which finally provided maiden names, great-grandparents' names and the like.  But we had nothing else until Keith came along.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up