Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LOVELY DAY OFF  (Read 23581 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: THE LOVELY DAY OFF
« Reply #240 on: February 18, 2010, 08:05:17 PM »

And now I'm REALLY going!

;D
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #241 on: February 18, 2010, 08:32:40 PM »

MattH, thanks for checking.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #242 on: February 18, 2010, 08:36:17 PM »

Kathryn Grayson played Guenevere for the last 11 weeks of the original broadway run of Camelot. Also Inga Swenson was the original standby for Lancelot

That makes no sense.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #243 on: February 18, 2010, 08:41:55 PM »

Kathryn Grayson played Guenevere for the last 11 weeks of the original broadway run of Camelot. Also Inga Swenson was the original standby for Lancelot

Inga Swenson or Swen Swenson?

Kathryn also starred in the National Company of CAMELOT.  I saw her do it in Seattle with Louis Hayward and Arthur Treacher.

I saw her in Cincinnati. I'm sorry to hear she's dead, but I never ever liked her singing.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #244 on: February 18, 2010, 08:43:44 PM »

Question today on ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A FIFTH GRADER?

The Wabash River starts in Ohio and travels through what state on its way to Illinois?

Grown up's answer:  Uh...Colorado?

Oh, dear lord! But, actually not THAT big a surprise. Geography seemed to be something that totally escaped many of my students during my years of teaching.

Well, were these children U.S. Americans or from the Iraq?   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #245 on: February 18, 2010, 08:44:46 PM »

That makes no sense.

ROTFLMAO

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Basil

« Reply #246 on: February 18, 2010, 08:44:52 PM »

Hey all - I know I haven't been on here much lately, but college is keeping me pretty darn busy. I think elmore sent me a PM about a week ago to check up on me - a very kind gesture, and not something I normally expect to see out of anyone. I do have a week free for spring break at the beginning of March, so perhaps I'll have more time to be posting here. :) I only skimmed this thread briefly, and I'll come back to the ones I missed later on.

Just concluded the deal for a new soundtrack - hopefully the first of many with a new company for us.

I'm curious to know which company? I would have guessed Paramount, but Kritzerland released the Bernstein double-header. Universal, perhaps?

JMK

« Reply #247 on: February 18, 2010, 08:45:32 PM »

My sister saw Inga Swenson (in her cast) in the closing weeks of 110 in the Shade.  It was probably the first OBC I ever listened to, believe it or don't, since she brought it home from NYC that summer.

JMK

« Reply #248 on: February 18, 2010, 08:47:25 PM »

I'm praying it's the WB soundtrack catalog on UA and we're finally getting UP THE DOWN STAIRCASE.  Yes, I know, BK, you've told me it's impossible, but that's how much faith I have in you.  ;)

JMK

« Reply #249 on: February 18, 2010, 08:48:28 PM »

With Inga Swenson as Lancelot is the title of my new cross dressing revue.

td

• td
« Reply #250 on: February 18, 2010, 08:51:28 PM »

You went all the way to Colorado today, and you didn't swing by and say "Hello?"

I waved.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #251 on: February 18, 2010, 09:10:45 PM »

A small plane has crashed into an office building in North Austin (I'm in South Austin.) that houses an IRS office.  They're saying that it could have been an intentional act.

And, I thought that Austin was supposed to be a peaceful city.

I was about to ask you about this, DR Druxy... Apparently, the pilot had set his house on fire this morning before heading to the airport... :-\  ???

That info wasn't mentioned when I read the news earlier :(

And this just turned up... Basically's it a suicide note... :(

Internet note posted by man linked to plane crash

I just read this.  Wow!

Yup. :(

I've got a friend who works in that building. I'm just glad she had the week off. Peaceful vibes for all affected.

Did you know she was off before reading the news?  It is nice when you know immediately someone is safe.

DR Jane, I knew about Deb beforehand. She had told me she was headed to Memphis. But she called later and was, needless to say, quite shaken up by what had happened.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #252 on: February 18, 2010, 09:12:10 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... There was about a total of 65 minutes of music on tonight's concert by the New York Philharmonic.  The concert started at 7:30, and the final downbeat was around 9:05.  Alas, tonight's program was interesting, but not exactly engaging.  Well, not played engagingly.  Additionally, the pianist in Ravel's Concerto for the Left Hand had a couple of finger-slips... and he had the score in the piano - he turned the pages with his right hand.  In a nutshell, tonight's concert was like a bad date: short and boring.  ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #253 on: February 18, 2010, 09:12:44 PM »

Hey all - I know I haven't been on here much lately, but college is keeping me pretty darn busy. I think elmore sent me a PM about a week ago to check up on me - a very kind gesture, and not something I normally expect to see out of anyone. I do have a week free for spring break at the beginning of March, so perhaps I'll have more time to be posting here. :) I only skimmed this thread briefly, and I'll come back to the ones I missed later on.

Just concluded the deal for a new soundtrack - hopefully the first of many with a new company for us.

I'm curious to know which company? I would have guessed Paramount, but Kritzerland released the Bernstein double-header. Universal, perhaps?

Not Universal and more I cannot say at this time.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #254 on: February 18, 2010, 09:16:50 PM »

Sorry to hear about Kathryn Grayson, if only because she was one of the last of the MGM stars from its heyday. I agree with DR JRand that "Lovely to Look At" was full of some of her best work. I liked her version of "Yesterdays," as I recall. The movie was not great, but she seemed more suited to Kern than many of the other composers she sang.

And congrats, BK, on the deal. Looking forward to learning the new titles.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #255 on: February 18, 2010, 09:17:34 PM »

...Or how about Will Swenson*?

*If you check out Will's website, be sure to have your sound turned up. ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #256 on: February 18, 2010, 09:32:07 PM »

The men's figure skating finals is history.  It has been over for about 16 minutes.

We're getting tape-delayed women's half-pipe when both coasts could have seen the men's finals "live" and been done by six minutes past midnight.  Too bad men's figures are considered unworthy of prime time focus.

No telling when NBC will "get around to" airing tonight's finals.  Nothing thus far.

SPOILER

SPOILER

Dldkflkj l;kajdf;lkj a;lkj fdlsfj;lkj;ljEvan.d ;'ajdf;lkj l; kjafslk;j;l kj Lysacekkjdflk;jsadf;lkjsd;lfkjwon dfl;kjasl;kdfj;lskjf ;ljkthelljkfdjkdsfjklsdakGold-fadsjlksdflk;fsa djklsdfMedaljkldfasjlkdsfajklfasdjklsdfjklsdfkljd fsjkldf.

END SPOILER
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #257 on: February 18, 2010, 09:33:22 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam - I believe "we" got it "Live" on the East Coast tonight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #258 on: February 18, 2010, 09:34:23 PM »

We got it live in the Central time zone

Cillaliz

« Reply #259 on: February 18, 2010, 09:34:45 PM »

And it was really fun to watch

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #260 on: February 18, 2010, 10:03:48 PM »

Well... Tomorrow is not a full work day for me, but there is some work to be done tomorrow.  So...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up