Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: FULLY CAST  (Read 14863 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: FULLY CAST
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2010, 06:26:44 AM »

And for those who still watch it, SMALLVILLE is featuring a new episode tonight at 8.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2010, 06:26:55 AM »

Page Two Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2010, 06:28:38 AM »

Friday Media Check:

CD - FINIAN'S RAINBOW (new Broadway cast recording)

DVD - HAVE GUN - WILL TRAVEL: Season 4, Volume 1
         YOJIMBO (Blu-ray)
         CUJO (Blu-ray)

DVR - last night's Olympics ladies free program
         last night's BURN NOTICE

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2010, 06:35:22 AM »

Oooh!!!

"The first-ever film version of Lewis Carroll's tale has recently been restored by the BFI National Archive from severely damaged materials. Made just 37 years after Lewis Carroll wrote his novel and eight years after the birth of cinema, the adaptation was directed by Cecil Hepworth and Percy Stow, and was based on Sir John Tenniel's original illustrations. In an act that was to echo more than 100 years later, Hepworth cast his wife as the Red Queen, and he himself appears as the Frog Footman. Even the Cheshire cat is played by a family pet.

With a running time of just 12 minutes (8 of which survive), Alice in Wonderland was the longest film produced in England at that time. Film archivists have been able to restore the film's original colours for the first time in over 100 years."

Alice in Wonderland (1903)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2010, 06:41:09 AM »

I've finished with my morning internet surf, so I'm going to head down and watch skating for about an hour.

WBBL.

Jennifer

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2010, 06:42:15 AM »

re: the figure skating

I am really surprised that NBC does not put the entire skating on one of its sister stations. What is up with that?

Here CTV (that main station) had to show the US/Canada women's hockey final. But TSN had every single skater (not that most of the lower ranked people were that interesting). But still figure skating is very popular in the US. I wonder if people complained if they would do anything.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2010, 06:46:07 AM »

I am really surprised that NBC does not put the entire skating on one of its sister stations. What is up with that?

Here CTV (that main station) had to show the US/Canada women's hockey final. But TSN had every single skater (not that most of the lower ranked people were that interesting). But still figure skating is very popular in the US. I wonder if people complained if they would do anything.

DR Jennifer - Simple: $$$  It's just not cost-effective for them to devote that sizable a chunk of prime-advertising and revenue time to an essentially "niche" sport and audience.  They show who the people know, want to see. -Which, of course, is "controlled" by them in the first place more or less.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2010, 06:47:06 AM »

RE: ladies figure skating results

Read the skating results on-line this morning and I'm anxious to see them for myself. Sounds like it was a good night, and I'll be curious to see if my opinions match the judges' final tabulations.

I stayed up till the bitter end (after midnight). But it was very good. Yu-na was perfect. it's hard to believe she is the biggest olympian star in south korea. But she seems really sweet.  The first half of the 2nd place girl's routine was amazing. But she faltered in the 2nd half.  And of course Joannie made everyone all teary again. She didn't fall. But i wonder if she had skated perfectly if she could have moved up one place (she was only 3 points behind). I was so happy for her.

The one i was most surprised about was the UG girl rachel. I thought she would place much higher than she did. Apparently they took deductions on a few of her jumps. But they were not obvious at all. I would be curious to see slow motion replays of those. The other american looked thrilled. She really did very well.

Jennifer

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2010, 06:48:07 AM »

DR Jennifer - Simple: $$$  It's just not cost-effective for them to devote that sizable a chunk of prime-advertising and revenue time to an essentially "niche" sport and audience.  They show who the people know, want to see. -Which, of course, is "controlled" by them in the first place more or less.

It's not cost effective to show it on one of their sister stations? Do those stations not show any olympics? I do get why NBC doesn't show it. They have lots of stuff to show.

Jennifer

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2010, 06:49:12 AM »

I was not happy about one of the contestants voted off IDOL last night. I was fine with 3 of them. But i was very sad about Jannell. Not that she was great on tues. But i thought she did really well in hollywood. I remember her group number and one of her solos. She was one of my favorites. :(

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2010, 06:53:22 AM »

It's not cost effective to show it on one of their sister stations? Do those stations not show any olympics? I do get why NBC doesn't show it. They have lots of stuff to show.

I think NBC is still recovering from the special "All Olympics" package they offered during the Los Angeles Olympics.  They had three channels covering ALL of the events, 24 hours a day. It was a special Cable/Pay deal. From what I recall, they didn't get as many subscribers as they thought they would. ???  -But I could be mis-remembering.  Maybe DR MattH would know, remember how successful that was.  In any case...

Women's Figure Skating is "popular". It's just not that popular.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2010, 06:55:12 AM »

I was not happy about one of the contestants voted off IDOL last night. I was fine with 3 of them. But i was very sad about Jannell. Not that she was great on tues. But i thought she did really well in hollywood. I remember her group number and one of her solos. She was one of my favorites. :(

At this point, they should just do one mass purge over the next two weeks and get down to the Final Four sooner than later.  No matter what "they" keep saying, this is definitely not the strongest, most-talented bunch of contestants they've ever had.  Not by a long shot.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2010, 06:57:51 AM »

Something tells me that DRs MBarnum and JMK may like that clip/video. ;)

The music was dreamy....the guy's hair cut was scary.

MBarnum

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2010, 07:09:01 AM »

Oooh!!!

"The first-ever film version of Lewis Carroll's tale has recently been restored by the BFI National Archive from severely damaged materials. Made just 37 years after Lewis Carroll wrote his novel and eight years after the birth of cinema, the adaptation was directed by Cecil Hepworth and Percy Stow, and was based on Sir John Tenniel's original illustrations. In an act that was to echo more than 100 years later, Hepworth cast his wife as the Red Queen, and he himself appears as the Frog Footman. Even the Cheshire cat is played by a family pet.

With a running time of just 12 minutes (8 of which survive), Alice in Wonderland was the longest film produced in England at that time. Film archivists have been able to restore the film's original colours for the first time in over 100 years."

Alice in Wonderland (1903)

Thank you for posting this Jose. Quite fascinating to see.

MBarnum

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2010, 07:11:32 AM »

TOD:

DVR: Last nights SURVIVOR

DVD: ADAM 12 season 4; A couple of Hugo Haas films just released on the BAD GIRLS OF FILM NOIR: vol. 2

CD: Soundtrack to the Bollywod film JACKPOT

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2010, 07:23:02 AM »

As for the Friday Media Check...

Well...

TV: The Olympics

Radio: WQXR, WNYC

Otherwise, most of the music I've heard this week has been LIVE. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2010, 07:24:42 AM »

TOD:

DVR: Last nights SURVIVOR

Are you cheering for the villains or the heroes? For some reason since my favorite player is on the villains (boston rob) i find myself cheering for them!

Jennifer

« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2010, 07:26:15 AM »

I think NBC is still recovering from the special "All Olympics" package they offered during the Los Angeles Olympics.  They had three channels covering ALL of the events, 24 hours a day. It was a special Cable/Pay deal. From what I recall, they didn't get as many subscribers as they thought they would. ???  -But I could be mis-remembering.  Maybe DR MattH would know, remember how successful that was.  In any case...

Women's Figure Skating is "popular". It's just not that popular.

I thought that NBC had their sister stations showing olympic events. Maybe i'm misremembering and they only show stuff occassionally.  I love having 24 coverage.  I cannot wait tonight (9pm) short track speedskating!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2010, 07:27:03 AM »

I very much enjoy Mr Korbich singing on the EATING RAOUL cast album.

Great album and a lot of fun. Haven't listened to Donna the Dominatrix in a while, so that's going into the weekend play list. Along with "The Firebrand of Florence."

In the DVD player: Season 3 of Big Love and maybe "Dancing Lady."

Car CD: "The Last Olympian," the finale of the Percy Jackson novel series.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2010, 07:27:17 AM »

Oh and I know CTV won't be covering that short track speedskating tonight since the Canada semi-final men's hockey game is on at the same time!

John G.

« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2010, 07:28:06 AM »

My bird has discovered this week that he's an oatmeal fan. He's politely screaming in my ear right now for more.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2010, 07:28:40 AM »

I had asked a while ago if anyone watched the Jada Pinkett Smith show HAWTHORNE. I didn't expect to, but i love this show. I can't believe how likeable she is. And it also features ALIAS alum Michael Vartan, who i also love on the show!

Jennifer

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2010, 07:28:59 AM »

I am starving so i need to go eat.

John G.

« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2010, 07:30:01 AM »

Send warm weather vibes to all in need. Three days ago we had sleet and slush. This morning, the sun is out, no breeze and temperature is already over 50. Feels like spring. Scary swing in the pendulum.
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2010, 07:33:05 AM »

DR John G - I'll be down in Lexington next week for SETC. I'm going to try to make a quick day trip to Louisville - I need my Galt House fix. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2010, 07:39:04 AM »

Dear John G., we need a photo of your bird, please.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 07:41:16 AM by Laura »
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2010, 07:40:31 AM »

So today I get to go listen to more talk about the printer.  I made my decision last August. Sadly, it doesn't count. Someone else gets to decide (even though I am the only one to use it).
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ginny

« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2010, 07:40:36 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  I thought staying up 'til 1am would make me sleep later today, but no-o-o-o, I was wide awake at 7:30 - just like always.  A nap will be in order this afternoon.

I was very pleased with last night's skating results.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2010, 07:40:45 AM »

You can dream…or you can do.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2010, 07:42:16 AM »

We pretty much just had blowing flurries all night long so that there was only about three inches on the ground this morning.  I shoveled, cleared off the car and drove to the office without much effort.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up