Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: VERY VERY  (Read 13697 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: VERY VERY
« Reply #150 on: February 27, 2010, 07:33:29 PM »

YEAH!!!!!!! PAGE SIX!!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #151 on: February 27, 2010, 07:33:31 PM »

Then I put in THE NEGOTIATOR. I don't have it on Blu-ray yet, but rewatching it pretty much convinced me I needed to upgrade. The DVD looks OK and the Dolby Digital sound is good, but I'm sure Blu-ray will do good things to this movie.

I didn't have time to finish it, so I may watch the rest tomorrow morning before I begin preparing lunch.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #152 on: February 27, 2010, 07:34:53 PM »

PAGE SIX FIVE OLYMPIC RINGS DANCE!!!!!!

Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #153 on: February 27, 2010, 07:35:01 PM »

My work project tomorrow is one of the fall's notable flop comedies: OLD DOGS on Blu-ray with Travolta and Robin WIlliams. After the huge success of WILD HOGS, lightning didn't strike twice for Travolta with this Disney outing. Of course, I didn't think WILD HOGS was very good.

FJL

« Reply #154 on: February 27, 2010, 07:53:47 PM »

Ok, now how does someone step on another person's thigh wearing ice skates without causing pain or damage?

FJL

« Reply #155 on: February 27, 2010, 07:54:38 PM »

Yay for Jane!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #156 on: February 27, 2010, 07:57:28 PM »

Ok, now how does someone step on another person's thigh wearing ice skates without causing pain or damage?

Very carefully. ;)

As long as the step is "direct" and not a "slice", it should not cut, hurt.  It's does cause some "pain" for the "steppee", but as long as they keep their thigh flexed and "solid" - and a good costume fabric - everything should be OK.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #157 on: February 27, 2010, 07:57:34 PM »

Heading downstairs now to go to bed.

Good night!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #158 on: February 27, 2010, 08:02:50 PM »

And since I've mentioned him a few times, here's Brendan and I at City Bakery earlier today "behind the Marshmallow Curtain":

Brendan is the "kid" I met at the opening day of the New York Philharmonic season. It turned out that while he was at Holy Cross, he studied under my friend, Eric, whom I had worked with while I was at Catholic University.  Small world.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #159 on: February 27, 2010, 08:11:12 PM »

Very carefully. ;)

As long as the step is "direct" and not a "slice", it should not cut, hurt.  It's does cause some "pain" for the "steppee", but as long as they keep their thigh flexed and "solid" - and a good costume fabric - everything should be OK.

The US guy who got silver - ok, I'm bad at names - said he used to wear pads, but they were too cumbersome so he just dealt with the bruises.   My guess is you aren't always flexed and solid so you sometimes get bruised.

Cillaliz

« Reply #160 on: February 27, 2010, 08:13:56 PM »

Love the photo DR Jose.  I think it's very exciting that you have become a City Bakery VIP.  I'd love to see a list of all the flavors of Hot Chocolate you've had.  Is it on their website?

Cillaliz

« Reply #161 on: February 27, 2010, 08:21:37 PM »

I'm really tired.  I think part of it is all the projects I did today, but I think I'm finally relaxing after a very stressful month.  I'm looking forward to a really good sleep tonight

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #162 on: February 27, 2010, 08:27:45 PM »

Love the photo DR Jose.  I think it's very exciting that you have become a City Bakery VIP.  I'd love to see a list of all the flavors of Hot Chocolate you've had.  Is it on their website?

DR Cillaliz - If you go to www.HotChocolateFestival.com you can click through all the flavors. When I was in Memphis, I did miss a few flavors, but some of them repeated (Ginger and Banana Peel).  I can have the Espresso tomorrow, so, overall, I've only missed Caramel and Vanilla. However, Maury said he would mix me up a cup of any flavor I missed or really liked "on demand".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #163 on: February 27, 2010, 08:33:24 PM »

DR Cillaliz - As for being a City Bakery VIP - I finally picked up today that Maury had been tracking my Tweets on Twitter about their Hot Chocolate Festival. :) -He also likes my pictures.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #164 on: February 27, 2010, 08:40:30 PM »

First burger I had outside of a home environment was at a place in Florida called the Painted Horse.  It was an all-you-can-eat place, the first I'd ever been to, and i remember the joy I felt that i could have seconds and thirds, which did not disappoint.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #165 on: February 27, 2010, 08:48:40 PM »

Back to the Topic of the Day for a post...

As for hamburgers...

Now that I think of it, I think my favorite ones growing up were the ones my Dad would cook for us in the backyard on his Weber Grill.  -Or whenever we would go to the beach or go camping. Love that char!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #166 on: February 27, 2010, 08:59:58 PM »

And now back to the Olympics.  The 2000 Summer Olympics..

Medal of Underage Chinese Gymnast Revoked
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #167 on: February 27, 2010, 09:02:13 PM »

And this is soooo cool - If you've ever wondered just how close those photo-finishes were...

Fractions of a Second: An Olympic Musical
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #168 on: February 27, 2010, 09:03:58 PM »

DR MattH et al - I think this essay from the NY Times may "explain" our differing views of the Sport, Art.

In Figure Skating World, Winning Leaps Over Art
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #169 on: February 27, 2010, 09:39:43 PM »

And...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #170 on: February 27, 2010, 09:40:52 PM »

DR Cillaliz - As for being a City Bakery VIP - I finally picked up today that Maury had been tracking my Tweets on Twitter about their Hot Chocolate Festival. :) -He also likes my pictures.

You are wonderful advertising for him!

Cillaliz

« Reply #171 on: February 27, 2010, 09:45:04 PM »

Thanks for the City Bakery link, Jose.   I think Vanilla Bean Hot chocolate sounds really yummy

Cillaliz

« Reply #172 on: February 27, 2010, 09:45:49 PM »

Time for me to get some sleep.  I think I did enough physical labor today to actually wear my body out.  I am looking forward to sleep.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: February 27, 2010, 10:08:41 PM »

Pish-tosh - six pages. 

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #174 on: February 27, 2010, 11:48:54 PM »

Today, I got up early (earlier than weekdays) and went to work to make up some time.  Then, I went downtown to work concessions for a local musical revue benefit.  Then, I went to my sister's to get some shelves (I already have the brackets to put on my wall, I just needed the actual shelves).  I've been home for a couple of hours and have watched a bit of TV. 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #175 on: February 27, 2010, 11:51:04 PM »

It is been eight years since I was there, but as I remember, Santiago is a very modern city.  I remember people saying that the city was built to withstand some earthquakes.

The news analysis this morning has been saying the same thing. -Which is why the initial death toll is nowhere near what it was/is in Haiti.  As one commentator "simply" put it: "Earthquakes don't kill people. Falling buildings kill people." Chile is used(?) to earthquake activity and their buildings and houses are built accordingly.

While concessioning tonight, some other concessionaires were talking and they said that Chile had a big earthquake in the 1960s and because of that, they started building all their buildings to withstand earthquakes. and that's why they've had so much less casualties.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #176 on: February 27, 2010, 11:51:48 PM »

And since I've mentioned him a few times, here's Brendan and I at City Bakery earlier today "behind the Marshmallow Curtain":

Brendan is the "kid" I met at the opening day of the New York Philharmonic season. It turned out that while he was at Holy Cross, he studied under my friend, Eric, whom I had worked with while I was at Catholic University.  Small world.

What a cutie!  And Brendan's not so bad, either.

;)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up