Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: VERY VERY  (Read 13734 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: VERY VERY
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2010, 10:43:19 AM »

PAGE THREE
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2010, 10:50:41 AM »

It is been eight years since I was there, but as I remember, Santiago is a very modern city.  I remember people saying that the city was built to withstand some earthquakes.
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2010, 10:56:15 AM »

It is been eight years since I was there, but as I remember, Santiago is a very modern city.  I remember people saying that the city was built to withstand some earthquakes.

The news analysis this morning has been saying the same thing. -Which is why the initial death toll is nowhere near what it was/is in Haiti.  As one commentator "simply" put it: "Earthquakes don't kill people. Falling buildings kill people." Chile is used(?) to earthquake activity and their buildings and houses are built accordingly.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2010, 10:58:44 AM »

Thank you TCB. 

This morning isn't going great either.  I need to go to my exercises, a modified version at least & hope they make me feel better.

Jane

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2010, 11:01:44 AM »

Jose, thanks for the explanation on the lack of news I'm seeing about Chili.  Of course if the damage had been worse there would be plenty of news.

I'll have to check out the news for the coastal towns of Oregon.  I didn't see that either.  The town of Bandon has a warning sign on the pier that basically says if there is a tsunami, run fast.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2010, 11:23:12 AM »

The weather has been so Spring-like here in the Northwest; that not only are the daffodils and crocuses blooming, but practically overngiht all of the flowering cherry trees have bloomed.
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2010, 11:27:54 AM »

DR Jane - Have a productive and encouraging exercise session this afternoon, OK?  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2010, 11:28:08 AM »

And now...

Banana Peel Hot Chocolate!

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2010, 11:49:35 AM »

I'm up and she of the Evil Eye is here.  I have just responded to about five panic e-mails from the long musical team.  None of them really understand musical theater (although two of them should) and how this process works.  There is now talk of postponing the staged reading and I'm walking away if that happens.  The book writer blames the composer/lyricist, they blame him, it's just so typical.  I've told them all, sorry, we are cast and going ahead and that this is our FIRST reading and no one is expecting a perfect show - it's in development and the sole purpose of the reading is to raise some seed money to continue working and to get us to a workshop, where we will really have the time to do work which needs to be done in that process.  If there are two or three weak songs, tough.  I saw Wicked's first staged reading - terrible, and half the songs got changed.  That's the process - the process is not continual postponing.  For me, the biggest problem has been the composer's slowness in delivering material.  He has way too much on his plate and come and is now going to be gone for ten days starting Tuesday.  We've constantly asked him to work on the many times he's away, as he always has his days free - but he doesn't do it.  This time he will.  Period.  If he doesn't come back with the two songs I definitely want fixed he will not want to know me. :)

bk, it astonishes me when you talk about your creative team and when I think of the composer in question.  It seems the composer should know what it takes to get a show in shape as he has done one or two.  Stick to your guns.

Laura

« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2010, 12:03:31 PM »

I have been out hiking this morning and am just now catching up on the news.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2010, 12:11:27 PM »

DR Jane - Have a productive and encouraging exercise session this afternoon, OK?  :)

Thanks.  I almost made it through my modified exercises before experiencing debilitating pain.  I made it farther than Thursday night, though that round had not been modified.

Jane

« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2010, 12:11:46 PM »

And now...

Banana Peel Hot Chocolate!

Laters...

Yuck!  ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2010, 12:28:11 PM »

Back from errands and whatnot - I decided no bacon and eggs and toast and instead had a bagel and fruit.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2010, 12:32:09 PM »

I've had a conversation with the co-author of the long musical and I'm going to finally get some things I've been asking for for six months - after last night, he saw that he needs to hear me loud and clear because everything that didn't land is stuff I've been asking to be changed.  In fact, there will be some pretty radical things going on, including losing several characters from the show.  Right now, the show tells two stories that are at cross purposes with each other.  Those stories need to coalesce and feed off each other.  Every time we go to the second story everyone goes to sleep and/or gets totally confused because - WE DON'T CARE about that story, at least in the way it's being told.  This show is seen through the eyes of our young leading man - everything has to be filtered through him and it's not.  I've been saying it for ages and while there have been major changes, that central issue has not been addressed.  This time it will be and it will result in completely new scenes and sequences and some new songs.

Jane

« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2010, 12:56:18 PM »

Now Marie OSmond's 19 year old son has committed suicide. So very,very sad. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2010, 01:27:51 PM »

What is with this world?  It's just unbelievable.  What is with youngsters and depression?  Where does this all come from?  Yes, people have always had depression, but it's never been of such proportions before. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2010, 01:28:55 PM »

Jose, it's impossible to predict this weather here in LA - thus far today we have had a torrential downpour, we have had blue skies and heat, and now we have wind and rain, all within three hours.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2010, 01:43:28 PM »

I had the time to finish all five of the remaining episodes of HAVE GUN WILL TRAVEL. There were no bonus features, so I am finished with the set. I will just have to put the finishing touches on the review and post it later.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2010, 01:45:01 PM »

The last group of episodes had only one real dog - Paladin is dispatched to find a runaway princess (yep, a storyline right out of ROMAN HOLIDAY). He finds her easily and they spend the half hour quoting Aristotle and Shakespeare to one another and falling in love. And, of course, she has to go back to her duties and he to his. Blah! Dull as dishwater.

Matt H.

« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2010, 01:46:06 PM »

Guest stars in this last batch include Denver Pyle (his second appearance in the show's 19 episodes of this season), Albert Salmi, James Best, Sydney Pollack (looking about 18 or 19 - wow!), and Kevin Hagen.

Matt H.

« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2010, 01:48:06 PM »

I watched BURN NOTICE while I ate lunch. This was the penultimate episode of the season, and one death was completely unexpected. Fiona's caper this week was entertaining.

Laura

« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2010, 01:50:17 PM »

We've had clouds all day, and the afternoon is supposed to bring very high winds and rain.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Matt H.

« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2010, 01:50:54 PM »

So I do have the entire evening free, so CUJO on Blu-ray will be part of the mix and, of course, I'm going to port those Olympic performances onto a DVD-R for the archives, too. If there is time left, I'll decide if I want to watch a film or pull out some episodes of a TV series to watch (maybe THE CLOSER or BURN NOTICE from last season).

Matt H.

« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2010, 02:18:00 PM »

Need to put the finishing touches on the review, and then I'll head down for a fun evening.

WBBL.

Ben

« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2010, 03:03:18 PM »

We're about to head out to a surprise birthday party.

See you later.

BTW, for those of you who listen, I'm on Showtime this week with a review of A Little Night Music. It's about 50 minutes into the show.

You should be getting your e-mail blast late tonight or sometime tomorrow before the 4pm (EST) broadcast.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2010, 03:33:12 PM »

It's been a very frustrating and unrewarding day. I apwnt a lot of it doing laundry, mopping the floors, and packing up more books for Miami University Library to keep myself busy and my mind off the blowup this morning. I have two more cartons I want to pack in this round of shipments.

So, I'm off to watch some DVDs.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2010, 03:37:56 PM »

What is with this world?  It's just unbelievable.  What is with youngsters and depression?  Where does this all come from?  Yes, people have always had depression, but it's never been of such proportions before. 

i was mistaken, he was 18.  I'm not sure if the proportions are greater, or simply the number of people committing suicide.  It also used to be hushed up.

Jennifer

« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2010, 04:24:08 PM »

That is very sad about the earthquake, possible tsunamis, and marie osmond's son. :(

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2010, 04:25:52 PM »

Kevin Hagen....a name I haven't heard since back in the 20th Century.

What was DR JOSE doing down on 21st St?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2010, 04:26:31 PM »

Musical Improvement Vibes for MR BK.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up