Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: FIVE CLICKS FASTER  (Read 15228 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
FIVE CLICKS FASTER
« on: April 03, 2010, 11:17:58 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were five clicks faster, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're trying to come home five clicks faster.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: FIVE CLICKS FASTER
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 11:18:38 PM »

And the word of the day is: MALVERSATION!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 11:27:14 PM »

A Very Happy Easter (religious or commercial...take your pick ;)) to Any and All!!

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 11:34:28 PM »

So yesterday, we had scheduled a four-hour dance rehearsal for The Brain From Planet X, but I didn't have to stay for the last hour.  Originally, Josh (our director/music director) had pretty much staged the opening number and the act one finale.  Our actual choreographer is Heidi and she kept most of what Josh did for the act one finale, but completely restaged the opening number.  We got to go through it several times, so hopefully, I will be able to remember the new stuff (not that I really remember the old stuff ::)), but most of us are doing the same thing and I'm in the back, so that'll help.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 11:37:03 PM »

OOH - THE EASTER BUNNY HAS BEEN HERE!

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

George

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 11:44:38 PM »

There was an accident during "The Plan" (the act one finale)!  Paul, the actor playing General Mills, was on an otherwise fairly solid plastic and wire chair (I don't know how else to describe it) but when he went to step off, the chair tilted forward and he fell backward!! :o He landed flat on his back, which he didn't seem to injure, but his wrist hurt very much!  Tyler, one of our ensemble members and a former EMT, was able to put a make-shift splint on Paul's wrist.  I drove Paul home and his wife took him to Group Health.  It turns out that he fractured his wrist!!  I sure that this won't prevent him from being in the show, but he'll have to take it very carefully for a while. :-\

George

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 11:46:28 PM »

Other than that mishap, we had a great rehearsal.  It was a lot of fun doing the dancing...even if we had to learn a whole new number.

George

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 11:57:26 PM »

After rehearsal, I went to my friend Margo's house and helped her move some boxes and a couch in her bedroom.  She's having knee-replacement surgery on Tuesday and needs to get things ready for when she gets back from the hospital.  I'm going to pick her up on Thursday and take her to her friend Dawn's house, who will watch her for the first couple of days after she's out of the hospital.  Dawn is a nurse at the hospital where Margo is having the surgery, so that's a very good place for her to be.  Margo's two kids will be taken care of by friends while she's in the hospital and Margo's sister will fly out by the weekend.

George

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 12:04:50 AM »

After we moved the boxes and couch, we went to The Olive Garden for dinner.  I ordered the stuffed chicken Marsala (without the mushrooms!) and Margo had the Chianti Braised Short Ribs.  When the food arrived, hers was not very warm at all!  How rude!  She told our waitress, who instantly took it back and told us that they were going to make a whole new order.  It did take a while to get it and I was able to finish my very good chicken Marsala before her new order arrived, but she said that it was worth the wait.  Our waitress offered to take off the item from our bill!  AND they even let us have a dessert item for free, as well!  Score!  So, we shared the Black Tie Mousse Cake for dessert.  It also was very good.  We had ver good service from the staff and a free entree was certainly nice, so we left a bigger than usual tip. :D

DERBRUCER

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 12:07:08 AM »

It turns out that he fractured his wrist!! 

Wow - think how that would affect JMK's health regimen.

der Brucer

George

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 12:08:58 AM »

It turns out that he fractured his wrist!! 

Wow - think how that would affect JMK's health regimen.

der Brucer

I know!  It was Paul's right hand!

;)

George

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 12:09:54 AM »

Today (this afternoon), the family is going to our parents' house for lunch/dinner.  That's the only plan.  I get to sleep in this morning, and that'll be VERY nice. :D

George

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 12:37:14 AM »

Sondheim and Night Music Company to Sign Cast Album April 6!!

So...is ANYONE from NYC going to be there?? :-*

Just askin'.

George

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 12:37:27 AM »

And now...to bed.

8)

DERBRUCER

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 02:07:01 AM »

It is almost sunrise and I needs retire to my chambers.

der Brucer

Michael

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 05:02:44 AM »

I'm still battling this nasty cold and thanks to a couple of suggestions from friends it was a much better night as  was able to sleep. But for those who know me I sound like a combination of Barry White and Paul Robeson when I talk.
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 05:27:55 AM »

Good morning, all! I may be off to a readthrough of the music I brought from the Library of Congress, so I am waiting to hear from our accident-prone musical director if he can walk on his foot today. If we cancel, I'm happy to work here.

Happy Easter to those who observe it!

This lax and lapsed Protestant never cared much for this holiday and I've felt this way since a child; Easter to me at age 5 meant lots of candy, a dress-up stint in church and a day of relatives. I don't need the candy, I usually dress as though I'm heading back to my coal barge, and the number of relatives is shrinking. As to the religious aspects of the day, well, for me the jury is still out. I don't mean to knock the faith of others, but I am reticent. I know I'll end up in hell.

Last night I watched the pilot and first three episodes of BONES, a series I have somehow managed to miss on prime time while becoming addicted to its nightly reruns on TNT. I never cared for David Boreanaz on either BUFFY, which I tired of after two seasons, and the subsequent ANGEL, but I find him an absolutely wonderful actorwith great comic timing. The writing is smart and the chemistry between Boreanaz and  Emily Deschanel is great, and the rest of the ensemble cast really good.

So, I am going to watch all four seasons; I need to know how Zach became an imprisoned killer (I've missed all those TNT reruns, if they've shown them), and I look forward to the appearance of Stephen Fry as Gordon Gordon.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2010, 05:40:35 AM »

A very happy Easter to those what celebrates it!

I'm celebrating by making mac and cheese and cole slaw for my mother's Easter dinner. Get to see my brother...hoo and ray!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jennifer

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2010, 05:44:20 AM »

Happy Easter!

Jennifer

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2010, 05:45:38 AM »

I watched this friday's MEDIUM. For some reason i forgot it was a 2 parter.

I really liked the first part since it was different!  The girl guest star was really good. She used to be on GILMORE GIRLS as luke's daughter. And now she's on Y&R as Eden (although she's away now).

Jennifer

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2010, 05:46:58 AM »

Yesterday was another warm day. I think today will be a bit cooler. Maybe like 60F. But hopefully it will still be nice.

Yesterday i had Passover pancakes (some blueberry and some banana). They were better than i expected.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2010, 05:50:24 AM »

In season five - The Case of the Captain's Cons, Miss Allison Hayes played an interesting character, DR MATTH.

But her BEST episode of Perry Mason is the season opener for season SIX - The Case of the Bogus Books!

If you get Season Six, don't forget to watch for her.....  the episode also features Adam West and H.M. Tenant!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2010, 05:50:58 AM »

Lovely weather here, a Butler Bulldog victory, no work today.....AND it's the holiday known as Easter!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

td

• td
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2010, 06:07:28 AM »

Happy and Joyous Easter to one and all!

It is indeed a beautiful morning here on the outskirts of Pittsburgh. So nice, however, that I shall probably perspire frequently throughout the church service. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Laura

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2010, 06:18:12 AM »

Happy Easter to all who celebrate. Now I must get ready for the sunrise service (which will take place over an hour after sunrise).
"That's a lotta hamsters."

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2010, 06:39:13 AM »

And the word of the day is: MALVERSATION!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  POLITICS AND POKER

Ben

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2010, 06:57:26 AM »

Sondheim and Night Music Company to Sign Cast Album April 6!!

So...is ANYONE from NYC going to be there?? :-*

Just askin'.

I won't be going but just to let you know there are very specific rules about what can and will be signed, including that each person can only have ONE booklet from the CD signed, absolutely nothing else and you don't have a choice as to where it's signed, either. I can't find the article where I read the restrictions but it doesn't sound like anyone (unless they know somebody) will be able to get a second signature even on a second copy of a CD

Ben

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2010, 06:57:47 AM »

Oh, btw, Happy Easter for those who celebrate.

Ben

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2010, 06:58:21 AM »

I'm a heathen so I'll just abstain.

Ben

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2010, 06:58:40 AM »

But with Page 2 so close who can resist.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up