Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: CALL ME  (Read 11680 times)

Jennifer

Re: CALL ME
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2010, 07:57:10 AM »

Cooler and rainy weather this week.

It was 10C this morning (less than 50F) and it is supposed to rain all day today and tomorrow. There was a huge downpour early this morning. But then the sky got clear. I don't usually like biking early in the morning. But i figured this would probably be my only chance for 2 days.

It wasn't bad out. Not too windy. And it didn't rain again.

But there were so many worms out after the storm. It made me want to throw up. They were all over the bike path and i kept looking down at them.

Jennifer

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2010, 07:58:20 AM »

Another weird thing. My back has been acting up. Not when i stand but it hurts when i sit mostly. And sometimes when i like down.

But it feels amazing when i ride my bike. I would have thought that since it is mostly a sitting position that it would hurt more. But somehow it makes it feel great.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2010, 08:05:14 AM »

Best LOST of the year last night, in our humble opinions.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2010, 08:19:07 AM »

"LOST" SPOILER

JoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtfspl kJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsp lkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtfs plkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtf splkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebt fsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplk I, too, loved last night's episode of "Lost".  I will admit that I was a bit put off when the "flash sideways" continued on and on instead of going back to the other timeline...but I'm glad I stuck with it because the revelations there were wonderful.  I also appreciated very much the parallels of Desmond and Charlie being underwater and Charlie having the "Not Pennie's Boat" message on his hand.  Also worth noting was that Daniel "Widmore" (whom we all knew as Daniel Faraday, but learned a season or two back was the son of Charles Widmore) sent Desmond to find Pennie at the same stadium (running the steps) in which Desmond had met Jack way back when.

I was glad for the break from the "usual" suspects, because, quite frankly, Jack and Kate and Sawyer and Hurley will likely dominate the final shows.  I want a Jin and Sun reunion very soon, too.  The writers have their work cut out for them bringing everyone and everything together in a satisfying climax to the series arc.  I hope they can pull it off at least as well as they pulled off last night's episode. JoebtfsplkJoebtfsplk JoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtfspl kJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsp lkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtfs plkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtf splkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebt fsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplkJoebtfsplk.

End of "Lost" SPOILER
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 08:23:21 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2010, 08:22:21 AM »

Once again, an early call from the co-author of the long musical has awakened me - didn't take it, of course, but boy is that going to stop as of today.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2010, 08:22:37 AM »

Therefore, I'm up.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2010, 08:24:33 AM »

TV Series Finales That DELIVERED:

"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" -- I didn't see how Joss Whedon could possibly make it satisfying, but he did...and HOW!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2010, 08:31:49 AM »

Greetings from Toyland! Lots of good finds in today's McGlinnventory, including a good sound performance of Victor Herbert's one-act parody of Wagner's LOHENGRIN, titled "The Magic Knight," from the Edinburgh Festival performances.  I am now listening to it and the sound is fantastic!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2010, 08:38:36 AM »

Greetings from Toyland! Lots of good finds in today's McGlinnventory, including a good sound performance of Victor Herbert's one-act parody of Wagner's LOHENGRIN, titled "The Magic Knight," from the Edinburgh Festival performances.  I am now listening to it and the sound is fantastic!
Sounds great.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2010, 08:57:48 AM »

Goodness things are slow this morning!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2010, 08:58:46 AM »

Thanks to DR Druxy for clarifying which "Mammy" he ordered.

I was beginning to have doubts about my guesses of yesterday afternoon.

Perhaps, I thought, it was a made-for-TV movie of the story of Mammy Eisenhower!!!

;)

Jennifer

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2010, 09:01:13 AM »

re: LOST

SPOILERS

this was and better then the dfoiuf lblah kl klj one two  oiu io  if f io iuo love and then they were two and them
this was and better then the dfoiuf lblah kl klj one two  oiu io  if f io iuo love and then they were two and them
I also thought that this was one of the best episodes of the season. But i agree with DR RonP that the sideways
story did completely monopolize the show. I wonder if loving desmond and or penny would make people love the show more. My sis who doesn't really like desmond or them as a couple was not crazy about this episode. but everywhere i've read, most fans completely love it. one two three four and then there were more one two three one two three four one two

« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 09:04:04 AM by Jennifer »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2010, 09:01:28 AM »

TV Series Finales that DELIVERED:

"Newhart" -- final episode "The Last Newhart" -- the final scene.  CLASSIC!  UNEXPECTED! BRILLIANT!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2010, 09:04:16 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And, apparently, were due for another Summer-like Spring day here in NYC.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2010, 09:06:14 AM »

-And, hopefully, there will not be another exploding manhole cover today.  They had to cancel last night's performance of Jersey Boys due to the "complications" from yesterday afternoon's event.  -I would have hated to be behind that box office window last night.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2010, 09:15:50 AM »

DR TCB - As for a "throwdown" - Not Bobby, but probably his assistant manager.  ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2010, 09:16:46 AM »

DR Jane - I hope you and your shoulder have another good day today.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2010, 09:22:05 AM »

bk - So, if you're meeting starts at 10:30am PDT, does that mean I should call you at 10:45? 10:40? 10:35? ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2010, 09:39:29 AM »

DR JRand - Sounds like you got a good case of Boogie Fever!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2010, 09:40:41 AM »

Oh...

Nevermind...

Today's matinee of Jersey Boys has been cancelled (too). -Two cancelled shows during Spring Break week! Wow!

*And the Novotel hotel is still without power.  -For those of you wishing to keep track of such things.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2010, 09:43:24 AM »

I shall shortly be on my way to what will be a very brief meeting.

Ginny

« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2010, 09:43:39 AM »

DR Jose - that's perilously close to our "David Letterman" apartment...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2010, 09:45:47 AM »

I wonder if those hard-shelled chocolate eggs that i thought were Cadbury are really Hershey's.

I know both companies make the chocolate ones. For some reason i thought the peanut butter ones that i loved were made by Cadbury's. But now i think it may be Hershey's.

And these are not to be mistaken with the milk chocolate little eggs with peanut butter filling. Those are good too. But for some reason the hard shelled ones were a delicious surprise that i was not expecting.

Jennifer

« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2010, 09:46:16 AM »

I am looking forward to tonight's UGLY BETTY. I can't believe this show is ending soon. :(

Jennifer

« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2010, 09:46:44 AM »

And the cast of GLEE (which starts next tuesday) will be on Oprah today.

Jennifer

« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2010, 09:47:29 AM »

I thought IDOL was much better this week. Most people were pretty decent although my bottom two were: aaron and andrew garcia.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2010, 09:50:07 AM »

I wonder if those hard-shelled chocolate eggs that i thought were Cadbury are really Hershey's.

I know both companies make the chocolate ones. For some reason i thought the peanut butter ones that i loved were made by Cadbury's. But now i think it may be Hershey's.

And these are not to be mistaken with the milk chocolate little eggs with peanut butter filling. Those are good too. But for some reason the hard shelled ones were a delicious surprise that i was not expecting.

So, the picture you pictured was not the product you ate? -That was "Cadbury" in the pic.  Anyhoo....

Reese's does make "Candy Eggs" too, and there are a couple of companies that make "Peanut Butter Candy Eggs" too - at least on this side of the border.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2010, 09:59:57 AM »

Sounds great.

It is. Very funny.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2010, 10:00:53 AM »

DR Jose - that's perilously close to our "David Letterman" apartment...

An underground electrical transformer caught on fire yesterday afternoon - which is what caused the exploding manhole cover.

Underground Fire Disrupts Midtown
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2010, 10:04:13 AM »

Oh...

Nevermind...

Today's matinee of Jersey Boys has been cancelled (too). -Two cancelled shows during Spring Break week! Wow!

*And the Novotel hotel is still without power.  -For those of you wishing to keep track of such things.

Thanks to Spring Break, the buses and subways are packed today. Usually between 11 am and 2 pm the subways and buses are fairly easy uncrowded rides; today, everything is jam-packed and moving slowly. Of course, it's possible that the MTA is running fewer transportation vehicles now but both the express subway, which has two lines running on it, and the Amsterdam Avenue bus route with two buses running it are very pokey today. Not fun and too warm. I think this is one of my "I hate this City" days. But now I am home with things to do.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up