Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: I FEEL A SONG COMING ON  (Read 11415 times)

Ginny

Re: I FEEL A SONG COMING ON
« Reply #180 on: April 08, 2010, 07:05:29 PM »

I looked at that site several days ago. It showed my deceased mother living with me. There's a lot of inaccuracies. Like my million-dollar house.

Yeah, DR Laura, it says we live in a million-dollar house, too.  Not.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #181 on: April 08, 2010, 07:07:08 PM »

We are watching Miami University try to advance to the final game of the Frozen Four.  It's not looking good.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #182 on: April 08, 2010, 07:07:49 PM »

Now, maybe if the housing bubble had continued.... like ten years.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #183 on: April 08, 2010, 07:15:29 PM »

Brody is most intrusive in HOLLYWOODLAND.....every time the story left George Reeves to concentrate on Brody's situation, I was incensed at the waste of time.....

Who cares?  It was the story of George Reeves.....or should have been.

True, Jrand.  The trouble is that there aren't that many people going to movies that know George Reeves.

That shouldn't make any difference. Any audience going to the film could enjoy the story of George Reeves' death as one of the most baffling of real-life murder puzzles in Hollywood history. Real or not, the story of George Reeves in the film is a MILLION times more interesting and unusual than the hackneyed story of Adrian Brody's fictional character. That story has been told hundreds on times.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #184 on: April 08, 2010, 07:16:36 PM »

When I went down, I pulled BONES - Season One off the shelf and watched the pilot, and there is reference in the story to a prior case. So, I'm glad I watched this before tonight's BONES episode came on.

Matt H.

« Reply #185 on: April 08, 2010, 07:18:53 PM »

Then, in anticipation of the start up of the spring season of GLEE, I took the GLEE set off the shelf and watched the last two episodes. These included that fabulous "Jump!" number and, in the winter finale, their appearance at Sectionals with two show-stopping performances.

Can't wait for the show to be back. Yes, due to IDOL still having 9 contestants, the episode won't begin next week until 9:28 p.m. EDT.

Matt H.

« Reply #186 on: April 08, 2010, 07:21:39 PM »

Then I watched tonight's BONES episode. The mystery was second nature (Booth tells us the murderer's identity early on) to the backstory of Booth and Brennen, and by the end, I had tears rolling down my cheeks right along with the characters.

And how great to see the old gang together again! I loved the episode.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #187 on: April 08, 2010, 07:22:21 PM »

I'm very happy Wae-Ling is safe. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #188 on: April 08, 2010, 07:23:16 PM »

I'm quite tired right now.  I've finished a motion picture on DVD and will probably watch one on Blu and Ray.

Matt H.

« Reply #189 on: April 08, 2010, 07:23:21 PM »

And I concluded my evening viewing with tonight's SUPERNATURAL, an unusual outing featuring the Biblical Whore of Babylon. Some definite creepy vibes and Castiel, as usual, was adorable.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #190 on: April 08, 2010, 07:25:14 PM »

Glad to hear she is safe Laura adn that is a wise move to keep a current picture of her handy
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #191 on: April 08, 2010, 07:25:52 PM »

Go Wisconsin!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #192 on: April 08, 2010, 07:26:08 PM »

and I cannot believe I just said that.....

Laura

« Reply #193 on: April 08, 2010, 07:33:24 PM »

She leaves the house a lot while Mr. Goldstein is helping Mae-Ling with homework.

Matt H.

« Reply #194 on: April 08, 2010, 07:35:36 PM »

We did get some rain at two different times today, so my front yard will need mowing by SUnday, I'm thinking. Oy!

Matt H.

« Reply #195 on: April 08, 2010, 07:37:47 PM »

COCOON did not arrive today, so if it doesn't arrive tomorrow, I guess I'll have to start work on the next Criterion disc I'm going to do: RIDE WITH THE DEVIL directed by Ang Lee. I never saw the movie during its original release or on paycable, so this will be a new viewing experience.

I have both the DVD and Blu-ray editions in the stack. I'll start, of course, with the DVD. It's almost 2 1/2 hours long, but apart from two audio commentaries, it doesn't appear to have many other bonus features.

Matt H.

« Reply #196 on: April 08, 2010, 07:38:07 PM »

Now I guess I'll finish up here and then head downstairs to bed.

Good night!

Ginny

« Reply #197 on: April 08, 2010, 07:38:58 PM »

Scary moments for your family and the Goldsteins, DR Laura - glad it turned out OK!

Laura

« Reply #198 on: April 08, 2010, 07:55:30 PM »

Thanks, everyone. It's scary when you don't know where a child is.

Ginny

« Reply #199 on: April 08, 2010, 07:55:50 PM »

I am thinking that Friday, April 16, would be fine....I would take that day off from work....a sacrifice...NOT....

If that is confirmed for you MR BK, I will be glad to let the cast know you are coming and arrange the tickets for you (tell me if you need more than one).  Bryan and I are still planning to go on Sunday....so I will get a preview.

DR JRand - I have communicated with DR DakotaCelt today and it looks like she and I, along with my DH Richard and DS Rob, will be able to attend April 16!  I will PM you the info you'll need Sunday to reserve tickets for us.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #200 on: April 08, 2010, 07:59:18 PM »

I think this will be fun!!  :)  I now have the song running through my head

Ginny

« Reply #201 on: April 08, 2010, 08:12:48 PM »

Yes, it will be fun, DR DakotaCelt.  You won't see much of Cincinnati, but it's too good an opportunity to pass up for a midwest HHW meet-up!

Cillaliz

« Reply #202 on: April 08, 2010, 08:15:15 PM »

Congrats to Rob and Mary Linda!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #203 on: April 08, 2010, 08:28:22 PM »

I have something very important to share with my fellow HHWers:
Spokeo is an "online phone book" that puts your name, address, annual income, your home's value, the number of people in your home (sometimes even a photo of your home), among other information, online for all to see. In some cases, it's surprising the amount of information they've accumulated for their entries. If you're not comfortable with this being done (especially since it's not done with your knowledge or consent), you may want to drop by the site and see the information on your listing. If you want them to remove this information, go to the website and bring up your listing. Then go down to the lower right hand corner of the page and click on "privacy" for instructions on how to have the listing removed.

http://www.spokeo.com/

I have been trying to get the word out to as many people as possible.  There is too much private information being shared on that site.

It had all the info wrong.  i wouldn't worry too much about it, but I requested ot be removed anyway
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 08:32:44 PM by Cillaliz »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #204 on: April 08, 2010, 08:31:14 PM »

Back from a two and a half mile jog.

Cillaliz

« Reply #205 on: April 08, 2010, 08:33:43 PM »

I have been swamped at work....good thing but tiring.  Now I'm getting congested.  I think it's allergies, but it better not be serious, I just don't have time to get sick

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #206 on: April 08, 2010, 08:37:12 PM »

Yes, it will be fun, DR DakotaCelt.  You won't see much of Cincinnati, but it's too good an opportunity to pass up for a midwest HHW meet-up!

This is true... However, Cincy will be there but an HHW meet up may no...

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #207 on: April 08, 2010, 08:47:45 PM »

Hi  ;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #208 on: April 08, 2010, 08:50:25 PM »

Finally listening to:    Married To It.

I am being very slow in unpacking, and I don't care.  :-\
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #209 on: April 08, 2010, 08:54:09 PM »

I have something very important to share with my fellow HHWers:
Spokeo is an "online phone book" that puts your name, address, annual income, your home's value, the number of people in your home (sometimes even a photo of your home), among other information, online for all to see. In some cases, it's surprising the amount of information they've accumulated for their entries. If you're not comfortable with this being done (especially since it's not done with your knowledge or consent), you may want to drop by the site and see the information on your listing. If you want them to remove this information, go to the website and bring up your listing. Then go down to the lower right hand corner of the page and click on "privacy" for instructions on how to have the listing removed.

http://www.spokeo.com/

I have been trying to get the word out to as many people as possible.  There is too much private information being shared on that site.

It had all the info wrong.  i wouldn't worry too much about it, but I requested ot be removed anyway

I checked mine out, too, and found that most of the information was wrong.
You can dream…or you can do.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up