Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: PIT-A-PAT  (Read 10779 times)

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
Re: PIT-A-PAT
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2010, 09:32:34 AM »

And the word of the day is: NEOLOGISM!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  NEW WORDS

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2010, 09:33:19 AM »

As If By Wizardry-PAGE 3

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2010, 10:08:10 AM »

The airline talking about charging for using the toilet is

Ryan Air

They are a Dublin (Ireland) based, very, very low fare airline. They don't even operate in the U.S. Paying to use a toilet is more widespread in Europe so people are used to the idea. It has caused some concern but the owner of Ryan Air has mentioned this possibility before. He may go through with it at some point but it won't change the face of airline travel. I've flown Ryan Air. Believe me, paying to use the toilet is the least of your worries.

Spirit Airlines is the only airline charging for carry-on luggage. The other airlines have not yet begun to charge as well.

"David Castelveter, a spokesman at Air Transport Association, which represents the leading U.S. airlines, said he's not aware of any ATA members charging for carry-on luggage."

The voice of reason in the darkness!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2010, 10:14:14 AM »

More pictures from Dancing with the Stars - I am in Number 5, 23, and 35.

http://www.bannergraphic.com/gallery/5398/

Great photos, Jrand.
“One thing’s universal,

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2010, 10:14:57 AM »

David Cassidy is 60 years old today.

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2010, 10:16:09 AM »

Good morning!

Another chilly morning, but with highs expected to get to the mid-70s today, I may be able to wear shorts when I go to lunch. I'd like that.

And nothing else?
“One thing’s universal,

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2010, 10:16:18 AM »

The network at my place of work is so freakin' slow I'm about ready to quit!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2010, 10:21:21 AM »

I'm up - another needed good night's sleep - some peculiar dreams - not bad dreams and actually fun, but peculiar nonetheless.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2010, 10:25:20 AM »

Betsy and I both had the "unprepared" dream in various genres a couple of night ago.  Mine involved conducting and playing a show where I had no idea what was going on and my conductor's score was all out of order.  My dream entailed me being on stage at the grand piano desperately motioning to the drummer, the only other musician, to just keep playing until I could figure out what was going on.  Betsy's dream involved one of her "former lives" as a news anchor.  She was in the studio about to go live when she realized she had no copy and didn't know what to say.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2010, 10:35:04 AM »

Thanks for the additional comments.

Yes, it was a nice amount of money - much needed since state funding was cut for the next fiscal beginning July 1.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2010, 10:36:39 AM »

Betsy and I both had the "unprepared" dream in various genres a couple of night ago.  Mine involved conducting and playing a show where I had no idea what was going on and my conductor's score was all out of order.  My dream entailed me being on stage at the grand piano desperately motioning to the drummer, the only other musician, to just keep playing until I could figure out what was going on.  Betsy's dream involved one of her "former lives" as a news anchor.  She was in the studio about to go live when she realized she had no copy and didn't know what to say.

Last time I had a similar dream scenario, I resolved the matter by singing a song.  I wasn't there to sing a song.  And it was certainly funny to dream about doing it.  I recall singing it a capella, and then listening to a playback and being amazed/surprised/miffed that there was an orchestral accompaniment and that I was singing in a different key.

Go know why anyone was recording it!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2010, 10:38:01 AM »

Good morning!

Another chilly morning, but with highs expected to get to the mid-70s today, I may be able to wear shorts when I go to lunch. I'd like that.

And nothing else?

Well I'm sure he'll also like the company he will be in and the lunch he will consume. 
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2010, 10:39:29 AM »

The Brain Tap - Indiana Style....

From the Director's Facebook page.  Thanks, Scott.  ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2010, 10:40:16 AM »

I wonder what wings would taste like on the BBQ.

I 'spect they'd taste the same as they would if you were sitting in a chair.  Only you'd likely get grease on your clothes and a hot behind if the BBQ is fired up.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2010, 10:44:58 AM »

DR JMK, condolences on the loss of your dear Aunt Betty.  You gave her a nice tribute with your stories :)

Jane

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2010, 10:55:05 AM »

I am trying to find a good easy recipe for chicken wings.  Right now i'm on allrecipes.com.  Hopefully i will find something good.

Here's the original recipe:

http://www.savorsa.com/2009/09/buffalo-wings-the-original-from-the-anchor-bar/

And a version if you want them baked instead of fried. This one has a teriyaki sauce:

http://www.savorsa.com/2009/09/teriyaki-wings-a-little-gooey-isnt-a-bad-thing/

Thanks.

I don't know that i've ever tried buffalo wings. I have recipes for them. And last time i was making wings i was going to try them. But when i tasted the hot sauce i just hated it. The pictures of all the buffalo wings i've seen look so good. So i'm not sure if i'm making the sauce wrong.

The terriyaki one looks good but i don't have a lot of the ingredients.

I wonder what wings would taste like on the BBQ.

Just fine. Baste or brush them with your own sauce. They'll cook faster than a full chicken, that's all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2010, 10:55:29 AM »

LOL Ron

Jennifer, try rolling a pillow under your neck tonight to try & tilt it back a little.  It might help.

Ben

« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2010, 10:57:20 AM »

Hey, Mikey (I'm channeling Larry)

This coming Friday on BBC Radio 2 they are doing a special Bollywood Music Program.

Here is the program description:

"This is India! The land of dreams and romance, of fabulous wealth and fabulous poverty, of splendor and rags, of palaces and hovels, of famine and pestilence, of genii and giants and Aladdin lamps, of tigers and elephants, the cobra and the jungle, the country of a hundred nations and a hundred tongues, of a thousand religions and two million gods, cradle of the human race, birthplace of human speech, mother of history, grandmother of legend, great-grandmother of tradition" Mark Twain.

In this Friday Night Special - "From Hollywood to Bollywood" live from London Symphony Orchestra St Lukes in London - Hardeep Singh Kohli presents a selection of musical pictures of India - from classical composers like Rimsky Korsakov (Song Of India) and Elgar (Crown of India Suite) to the big Hollywood film scores for Gandhi (George Fenton) and Passage to India (Maurice Jarre). We'll recall the films of Sabu including Miklos Rozsa's 1942 score to "The Jungle Book". Robert Ziegler conducts the BBC Concert Orchestra who are joined by some traditional Bollywood singers and the award winning composer and percussionist Kuljit Bhamra. East meets West when Kuljit and his ensemble join the 60 piece BBC Concert Orchestra for some of Bollywood's greatest hits including songs from "Bombay Dreams" and "Jai Ho" from "Slumdog Millionaire".

During the concert interval BBC Asian Network presenters Pablo and Raj talk to composer A.R. Rahmin.

The program will air live on Friday, April 16th at 11am YOUR TIME. It's 8pm London time and 2pm NY time. If you can't listen to it live you have a week to listen to it at your leisure on the BBC iPlayer. It will be on the iPlayer until April 23rd. You need RealPlayer on your system to listen to the BBC on line, whether you are streaming live or listening to the iPlayer.

Here is the link to

Friday Night is Music Night

and the link to

BBC Radio 2 iPlayer
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 11:06:53 AM by Ben »

John G.

« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2010, 10:58:29 AM »

Aha!
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/06/opinion/06ogren.html?scp=1&sq=allergy-free%20New%20York&st=cse

Interesting.
Doesn't quite work out the way the author wants it to. In the south, at least, plane trees seem to drop branches as much as they drop leaves. They wreaked havoc at a friend's house in Florida, and I had one removed from my backyard when I moved into this house in Texas. A lovely (and yes, pollen causing) apricot tree is growing in its place.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2010, 11:01:04 AM »

DR Jennifer - You're cooking chicken wings. They are chicken. Just season them and cook them, or cook them and season them. Simple. Go with a "spicing" you know you already like, and go from there.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2010, 11:03:40 AM »

Today is the last Kish epsode on ONE LIFE TO LIVE.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2010, 11:07:41 AM »

DR Jennifer - You're cooking chicken wings. They are chicken. Just season them and cook them, or cook them and season them. Simple. Go with a "spicing" you know you already like, and go from there.
Thank you. Sometimes I get so involved with recipes, ideas and techniques I don't see the simple, straightforward answer.
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2010, 11:11:35 AM »

More pictures from Dancing with the Stars - I am in Number 5, 23, and 35.

http://www.bannergraphic.com/gallery/5398/

Very nice, JRand!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2010, 11:14:39 AM »

When was the last time Miss Karen posted to these here parts?

She borrowed some of my consonants....and I've just got to get them back!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2010, 11:21:25 AM »

TOD:  The TV show "Friends" featured several episodes that were centered on food preparation....Thanksgiving episodes, especially...and one particularly memorable episode in which Brad Pitt was the guest star.

One episode was memorable due to the appearance of Jon Lovitz in Season 1's "The One with the Stoned Guy".  He plays a restaurateur who gets stoned on marijuana just prior to interviewing Monica Geller for a job.  Monica has spent all day preparing a meal to impress him, and even hires Rachel to assist in serving.  Phoebe is dispatched to pick him up in her grandmother's cab.  We learn he toked a doobie on the way to Monica's apartment.

When he arrives, Monica is telling him all about her menu which includes an amuse bouche appetizer to be followed by onion tartlets.  Meanwhile, Lovitz (as "Steve") has the munchies and begins ransacking the kitchen for things, fighting Monica over cereal and Gummi Bears, some of which fall into a special soup she has prepared.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 11:23:13 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2010, 11:50:49 AM »

R.I.P.

Eddie Carroll
You can dream…or you can do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2010, 12:11:30 PM »

DR George:  My vote for the new librarian is for the one from Greece!

He or she certainly would bring new blood and a whole new outlook on everything to the library. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2010, 12:15:53 PM »

LOL Ron

Jennifer, try rolling a pillow under your neck tonight to try & tilt it back a little.  It might help.

I think i found a way that was more comfortable last night. My neck was resting on a pillow. Thanks.

Jennifer

« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2010, 12:19:28 PM »

I still can't decide what i am going to do.  I could use a rib/chicken sauce i like. But then i would have to make it.

I've never just used dry spices on my wings. I'm afraid i won't like them.

Last time i tried a buffalo style batter. But had to scrap the sauce cause i hated the taste of it (glad i tasted it before putting on the wings). So i just put the rib/chicken sauce on it. But that would require a lot of work.

I sort of want something easy that would be tasty. I may do the BBQ. Not sure about that part yet.

Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up