Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE INDIANA BRAIN  (Read 13101 times)

Danise

Re: THE INDIANA BRAIN
« Reply #210 on: April 17, 2010, 06:32:11 PM »

Maybe I was channeling.  I swear I had no idea what I was going to name him until it just popped out of my mouth when the guy asked what I was going to call him. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

MBarnum

« Reply #211 on: April 17, 2010, 06:32:18 PM »

What happened at WalMart?

Nothing really, just bad customer service and Jim couldn't find what he was looking for.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #212 on: April 17, 2010, 06:34:18 PM »

Here is a picture of my cousin Malinda and her now husband Jason.  (They have been living together for eight years and have three children, but their wedding today was truly lovely).
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs457.snc3/26144_382864479269_765549269_3928630_1087904_n.jpg

Much better than little drawings.  Lovely photo.

MBarnum

« Reply #213 on: April 17, 2010, 06:34:51 PM »

DR Danise, so nice to see you here again! We must have more photos of the new member of your family!!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 06:42:08 PM by MBarnum »

FJL

« Reply #214 on: April 17, 2010, 06:35:15 PM »

Cilla - is it possible that something else was equivalent, like maybe we graduated the same year or took the bar exam the same year?  I know there was a conversation, may have even been here at our place,  where we were noting that something year-wise was exactly the same.

Jane

« Reply #215 on: April 17, 2010, 06:35:29 PM »

Keep reading DR MBarnum ;)

Danise

« Reply #216 on: April 17, 2010, 06:37:46 PM »

Hi DR MBarnum!  Jane was kind enough to bring a photo over from Face Book.

I have to laugh because I have 2 very tired dogs laying at my feet.  I wish I could reach my camera but if I move it will wake them up.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

FJL

« Reply #217 on: April 17, 2010, 06:38:36 PM »

Danise - If you think back and realize that's how you thought of the name, let me know.  If it's not, that's OK too - but if it is, it would be nice to feel another little connection between us through HHW.

FJL

« Reply #218 on: April 17, 2010, 06:41:49 PM »

Until Jed and Ann specifically refute it, I've been acting in my mind like they chose Toby as a name because we'd bandied it about here on HHW and the name somehow appealed to them.  That's my mentally comfortable story and until they specifically say it ain't so, I'll enjoy thinking it.  :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #219 on: April 17, 2010, 06:42:54 PM »

I had a dog named Toby many years ago.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

MBarnum

« Reply #220 on: April 17, 2010, 06:42:58 PM »

LOL Jane, I changed it to read "more photos."

Danise

« Reply #221 on: April 17, 2010, 06:43:35 PM »

I guess I could post the latest on the house.

I still haven't been able to have the room built for the washer/drier so I still have to go to the local laundry mat.  I hate that.

The Florida Department of Business and Pro Regs tell me that they are close to having the case come before their board or what ever it's called.  I was also told it looks like a pretty open and shut case.  Turner will lose his license.

On the other hand, it will take six to nine months for the paperwork to catch up with the boards decision so I have to wait to put in for that fund that will pay me back at least part of my money.

I have put a collection agency on his butt to collect the money he owes me from the court case win but it's been over 2 months and I still haven't seen a dime.

In other words--no change and nothing really to report  Sigh.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

MBarnum

« Reply #222 on: April 17, 2010, 06:43:43 PM »

And to think, until I joined HHW I had never known anyone named Toby. Now there are three.

FJL

« Reply #223 on: April 17, 2010, 06:44:03 PM »

Skip is taking a cooking class right now.  The subject is pork.  (Little known fact: That was one of the names Frank Gilroy went through before settling on The Subject Was Roses.)

MBarnum

« Reply #224 on: April 17, 2010, 06:44:26 PM »

I hope it all works out in your favor at some point soon, DR Danise!

Danise

« Reply #225 on: April 17, 2010, 06:45:18 PM »

I am told that I would qualify for fund, if/when I get to that point.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #226 on: April 17, 2010, 06:47:10 PM »

Danise - If you think back and realize that's how you thought of the name, let me know.  If it's not, that's OK too - but if it is, it would be nice to feel another little connection between us through HHW.
  I think it's very possible.  You know that you can hear or read things and not give it a thought until some how some way, it's just "there" for you. :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

MBarnum

« Reply #227 on: April 17, 2010, 06:47:32 PM »

Just finished watching DR WHO AND THE DALEKS. I remember seeing this film on tv when I was a little kid but oddly enough, none of the film seemed familiar. So perhaps it was really that other 1960s Dr. Who movie that I saw way back when.

Anyway, it came from Netflix, and I think I will keep it a while longer because it has commentary from two of the actresses in it.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #228 on: April 17, 2010, 06:49:24 PM »

BK says he is not going to post the new topic until he is at the airport.  Now we're all going to bed.

Danise

« Reply #229 on: April 17, 2010, 06:50:28 PM »

I hope it all works out in your favor at some point soon, DR Danise!

From your mouth to God's ear!   I confess I have learned that justice is anything but swift and the places you think are going to help you, don't.  The BBB and Consumer "Protection" are a joke.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #230 on: April 17, 2010, 06:50:39 PM »

I hope he is able to post it from the airport, or he will be very unhappy. ;)

Danise

« Reply #231 on: April 17, 2010, 06:54:40 PM »

Well, folks, I'm getting a bit tired myself.  Think I'll sign off for now but I will try to be back tomorrow and all the days after that.

Have a good evening!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #232 on: April 17, 2010, 06:56:08 PM »

You too.  It is fantastic to see you here.

Cillaliz

« Reply #233 on: April 17, 2010, 06:56:55 PM »

Cilla - is it possible that something else was equivalent, like maybe we graduated the same year or took the bar exam the same year?  I know there was a conversation, may have even been here at our place,  where we were noting that something year-wise was exactly the same.

Oh anything is possible. You know my memory isn't what it was when I was younger ;)   We're close enough

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #234 on: April 17, 2010, 07:05:14 PM »

I know I'm starting to try to lose of my poundage.  I don't look anything like my current photo because I've gained so much weight.

I blame Jose.  But I really blame myself.  Just to much stress this last year--I haven't been as careful about what I've ate as I should be.

I hope to be getting back on track.

Putting on weight after something traumatic is very easy to do. When I had my physical trouble last year, I gained a lot of weight. I don't know how much because I didn't get on a scale to check, but it was bad. I ate to forget my troubles, and the things I ate were all the things that I love but which are heavily caloric and fat glutted.

I have been exercising since I got better, but it's slow going, and it never stops. The minute I let my guard down, the weight starts to come right back on.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #235 on: April 17, 2010, 07:07:13 PM »

When I went back down, I finished watching this week's episode of THE TUDORS. I've never read that Thomas Culpepper was a rapist and murderer. Amazing what you learn from TV!  :)

FJL

« Reply #236 on: April 17, 2010, 07:08:12 PM »

We're close enough? 

No, you can never be close enough.

(that almost sounded like a line from ANNIE or something like that :) )

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #237 on: April 17, 2010, 07:09:17 PM »

DR ELMORE - do you need a copy of the program from BRAINEX INDIANA with your Orchestrations by credit?

DR JRand59, I would love to have a program! Thank you for asking.

I've had a really productive day: I got some writing on Victor Herbert accomplished, I spent some time on the initial stages of vegetable beef soup, making a very rich beef-tomato stock by cooking a lot of beef, onion, garlic, bay leaf, chopped cabbage, cauliflower, and tomatoes for around four hours. Tomorrow I will throw in the chopped potatoes, carrots, corn, green beans, lima beans, and peas, and cook the shebang all afternoon. I should end up with enogh soup to freeze a couple of quarts and still have enough to feed me for a couple of weeks. I also pulled things to ship to Ohio and moved sheet music and DVDs around to different shelves and filing drawers.

I'm back to Season Three of BONES; I think my favorite for the season is the Christmas one, with Bones' dad wanted a Christmas in jail, Booth dealing with Parker going to Vermont, and the murder of Kris Kringle. Patricia Belcher as Caroline the prosecuting attorney is one of my favorite characters, and she's in good form this episode.

So, back to BONES.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #238 on: April 17, 2010, 07:09:50 PM »

Next I watched RESURRECTION. This is a terrific feel-good movie: very spiritual without being religious and terrific performances from Ellen Burstyn, Sam Shepard, and Eva La Galliane. And Lois Smith is in it and looks very, very young.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #239 on: April 17, 2010, 07:10:38 PM »

We just had the heaviest rainfall since I moved to Austin.

It didn't last that long (none of the heavy ones do), but it left a small lake in my back yard.
You can dream…or you can do.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up