News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: ABC  (Read 9652 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
ABC
« on: April 24, 2010, 12:19:45 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were as simple as ABC, and now it is time for you to post until the ABC cows come home.  They were cancelled on CBS and NBC, but picked up by ABC, which is MOOvahless.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: ABC
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 12:20:20 AM »

And the word of the day is: MOIL!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 12:40:58 AM »

Topic of the Day:  The Manhattan Transfer's summer replacement TV show from the 1970s!  Because I love The Manhattan Transfer and it's never been released on any format...although many clips are on YouTube.  I hope that someday it will be released.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 01:09:43 AM »

Today, I'm going to work for a couple of hours, then I'm going to a Brain cast member's house with other cast members so that we can work on some of the choreography before our regularly scheduled rehearsal, then we'll all go to said rehearsal at 3:30 p.m.  After that, we're going to our prop-person's house for our very first cast party!  It'll be a long and fun night!

Have a good day, all!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 04:30:53 AM »

I have never had a cast party before the play opens.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 04:31:58 AM »

MR BK has a lovely weekend planned, I look forward to reading about the details.

And of course it is LESS THAN ONE WEEK until DR GEORGE opens in BRAIN FROM PLANET X - Northwest.

DR GEORGE - which of the newspaper headlines do you get to read.....if any.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 04:34:01 AM »

TOD:

I did not have to think very long.....

I LOVE LUCY

Terrific writing, perfect cast (although some guest shots in the early episodes don't work for me) - and so funny.

My second choice would be:

PEYTON PLACE - although only the first two volumes are currently available.....I mean, "The continuing story of....PEYTON PLACE..."

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 05:12:29 AM »

bk,

I think the full IMAX is like 1:45:1, but it was shown letterboxed there at 1.78:1 becuase that was Cameron's ideal ratio for the picture and is why it's appearing on this Blu-ray at that aspect ratio.

The IMAX sequences in THE DARK KNIGHT were also projected at 1.78:1 and replicated that way on the Blu-ray.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 05:29:13 AM »

And the word of the day is: MOIL!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  OL' MAN RIVER

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 05:56:46 AM »

Ain't it the truth, DR ARNOLDMBROCKMAN...

and to prove it....I am off to work.  Oh well.

Ginny

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 05:59:10 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  It's kind of gloomy here in SW Ohio today and we may get some thunderstorms.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 06:00:40 AM »

Good morning, all! This morning I have a trip to Toyland for several things, and after that, I've got OZ edits here. My deadline to finish the score is next week, which gives me time before May 7, when Joseph leaves Manhattan for Ohio, to make further corrections and fixes.

I have few other plans this weekend beyond more work on Oz and "The Lady of the Slipper." Tonight I will continue Season Four of BONES, which leads to our TOD.

SEINFELD; it never fails to make me laugh, and if I were stuck on a desert island every day, besides ponderng where the current was coming from, I'd need a good laugh.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 06:22:34 AM »

Good morning!

There were a few random drops of rain when I started off on my walk this morning, but it had turned into a very light drizzle by the time I got home. Then (naturally), it stopped. Still, it felt good to have my first walk since Sunday.

Matt H.

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 06:23:41 AM »

I had a pretty terrible night of sleep, however. I wasn't in pain. I just woke up at 3:40 and that was basically the end of my sleep. I read for an hour, then turned the lights back off and I may have dropped off for a half an hour or so, but by 5:45, I was wide awake.

Matt H.

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2010, 06:26:05 AM »

When I finally gave up the ghost and got out of bed, I came into the den and watch THE AFFAIR OF THE PINK PEARL, the first of the PARTNERS IN CRIME hour long mystery series featuring Agatha Christie's fun-loving Tommy and Tuppence. It wasn't a great mystery, and the identity of the thief in this one was very easy to spot. Still, James Warrick was a cutie back then, and I'll enjoy seeing the others in this first volume of the set.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2010, 06:27:09 AM »

Here's the best news I've heard today: according to AfterElton.com, the ratings for ONE LIFE TO LIVE have reached an all-time low following the cancellation of the Kyle-Fish characters. Bless their hearts.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2010, 06:27:38 AM »

Unless something comes in the USPS mail today from Criterion, I intend the take the weekend off. There is nothing pressing review-wise, so I'll just relax and catch up on the DVR shows and some movies that are gathering dust here.

Matt H.

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2010, 06:28:24 AM »

Here's the best news I've heard today: according to AfterElton.com, the ratings for ONE LIFE TO LIVE have reached an all-time low following the cancellation of the Kyle-Fish characters. Bless their hearts.

I read that and was absolutely THRILLED. I know I took it off my DVR the second the couple disappeared around the corner of that courtroom set.

Matt H.

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2010, 06:29:47 AM »

TOD:

I think I'd pick MURDER SHE WROTE. There were 12 seasons, and such a fabulous range of guest stars that I never tire of watching those shows.

THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW would come in second.

Matt H.

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2010, 06:32:29 AM »

As for possible movies to watch today: I have Joan Crawford's PAID (which I've never seen) and the Blu-ray of VAN HELSING which may be saved for tonight when all those great black levels can be seen at optimum in a completely blackened room.

Matt H.

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2010, 06:39:27 AM »

Oh, DR Druxy and bk,

I did check to see if my Samsung 1500 could play AVATAR. It loaded it and played it just fine though I stopped it after ten minutes.

Now, I amend this by saying that my Samsung machine has the latest firmware update, it has a 2 GB flashdrive plugged into its memory port, and it's connected to the internet. I mention these things because sometimes it makes a BIG difference to the disc, even if the disc isn't BD-Live enhanced, to have these other situations attended to.

And often, it's not the machine's fault but the authors of the Blu-ray disc who have crammed so much code and so many copy protection schemes onto the disc that it chokes the machine trying to play it. Fox is NOTORIOUS with adding as many copy protection plans to their discs as they can to try to prevent hacking. This is one reason we don't get review copies until the last minute. They don't want copies of their discs circulating the black market sites weeks before the disc is officially released.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2010, 06:57:44 AM »

Oh, DR Druxy and bk,

I did check to see if my Samsung 1500 could play AVATAR. It loaded it and played it just fine though I stopped it after ten minutes.

Now, I amend this by saying that my Samsung machine has the latest firmware update, it has a 2 GB flashdrive plugged into its memory port, and it's connected to the internet. I mention these things because sometimes it makes a BIG difference to the disc, even if the disc isn't BD-Live enhanced, to have these other situations attended to.

And often, it's not the machine's fault but the authors of the Blu-ray disc who have crammed so much code and so many copy protection schemes onto the disc that it chokes the machine trying to play it. Fox is NOTORIOUS with adding as many copy protection plans to their discs as they can to try to prevent hacking. This is one reason we don't get review copies until the last minute. They don't want copies of their discs circulating the black market sites weeks before the disc is officially released.

Thank you.
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2010, 06:59:49 AM »

TOD:

I would take LAW & ORDER (original series).

I've seen most episodes multiple times.  They're always interesting and they never seem to get old.
You can dream…or you can do.

Matt H.

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2010, 07:05:07 AM »

Well, I did my walk this morning and a (very) light workout (nothing that would put any undue strain on my lower back). I have to say that my back is mostly back to normal thankfully. I felt one twinge during my walk, and there's still some minor stiffness residue there, but otherwise, I'm happy to be able to move around much faster and more freely.

Matt H.

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2010, 07:07:15 AM »

Now I guess I'll head down and do some viewing. I inadvertently saw who won PROJECT RUNWAY but I'll still look to see what the three designers came up with for their runway shows. And, going on personalities alone, I certainly was pleased with the choice. Now, I'll see if I agree in terms of the clothes.

Matt H.

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2010, 07:07:25 AM »

Oh, rats!

WBBL.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2010, 07:42:11 AM »

Pain free vibes for DR MATTH.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2010, 07:42:35 AM »

Reading a few of the other choices....I might just have to take PERRY MASON, the orgiinal series.

Laura

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2010, 07:47:34 AM »

I'm glad to hear Matt H.'s back is doing better.

I have to spend the morning supervising teens doing yard work. Which probably means I'll do more than they will.

MBarnum

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2010, 08:03:51 AM »

TOD:

I think I would have to take PERRY MASON...there are 12 season, so it would keep me occupied, and there are a plethora of familiar faces which would keep me company, and no matter how many times I have seen an episode, the show never gets old.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up