Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: ABC  (Read 9752 times)

FJL

Re: ABC
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2010, 12:47:34 PM »

(as in the attitude of why just rip apart the work he hates when he can destroy  the whole human being, because it's more entertaining to his readers to do so)

FJL

« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2010, 12:48:14 PM »

Ben Brantley dance

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2010, 01:01:48 PM »

I'm going to go ahead and assume that this has nothing to do with circumcisions, either.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2010, 01:40:55 PM »

TOD:

I think I would have to take PERRY MASON...there are 12 season, so it would keep me occupied, and there are a plethora of familiar faces which would keep me company, and no matter how many times I have seen an episode, the show never gets old.

The original CBS/Raymond Burr series only ran 9 seasons. He did years of TV movies, but I'm assuming those aren't what you're talking about (or the single season Monte Markham remake).
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2010, 01:44:04 PM »

DR MattH - Are you contemplating investing in a 3-D player/set once they are available?

I am putting aside my tax refunds this year in case I want to take the plunge. But, believe me, I won't be part of the initial wave of buyers. I'll need to read stellar reviews all around from several publications before I'll be convinced I want to invest in it.

Matt H.

« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2010, 01:47:57 PM »

I got a lot of fun things watched amid a flurry of phone conversations.

I beganb by watching the finale of PROJECT RUNWAY. I thought the top two designers each had interesting collections with much to offer and like the panel, I was torn between each designer's strengths. I think they did select the best one for this collection, and I was thrilled with the third place finsher finishing last among the top three. I actually felt this designer didn't deserve to be there and wish I could have seen some of the other collections. (The top 10 actually got to show at Bryant Park this year in an attempt to throw off the public.)

Matt H.

« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2010, 01:49:34 PM »

Next I watched this week's FLASH FORWARD. The episode certainly ratcheted up the suspense this week knowing a death had been predicted and seemed imminent, but the show has burned out its good will with me. I'm just hanging on until the end.

Matt H.

« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2010, 01:50:59 PM »

I had time to watch the first of two 30 ROCK episodes. Jack trying to date two women who are serious about him wasn't funny or memorable. Neither were the other storylines. I hope the second episode is better. I'll likely find out later tonight or tomorrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2010, 01:52:08 PM »

And I rewatched this week's GLEE in its entirety. Such an enjoyable episode. And I'm no fan of Madonna, but I certainly was genuinely entertained by the various arrangements of some of her signature songs.

Matt H.

« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2010, 02:21:33 PM »

I still have made no decisions about what to watch tonight. Other than 30 ROCK, the DVR is empty, but I'm kind of eager to rewatch the pilot for GLEE, maybe watch another Tommy and Tuppence mystery, and maybe some BONES episodes. That'll make for an ecclectic night in the home theater.

I'll save the movies for tomorrow, another day off since I got no new review material in the mail.

Matt H.

« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2010, 02:21:51 PM »

Let's head down now and see what I can find to watch.

WBBL.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2010, 02:43:42 PM »

Rented THE YOUNG VICTORIA for this evening.
You can dream…or you can do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2010, 03:13:05 PM »

I had a very peculiar afternoon: around 4pm my friend Chris called me and stopped by. He had been on a shoppng binge and had come up to buy a pair of shoes at Harry's Shoes on 83rd and Broadway. He bought me a pair of the very same shoes, so we took a walk in Riverside Park so he could photograph our shoes. We walked through the park fro about an hour and a half, went into Barnes and Noble to browse. He headed downtown and I came home. At least now I know why he asked me my shoe size last night!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2010, 04:29:25 PM »

Back from stuff.  The Graae event was ill-attended (about fifteen people, but they had a great time) and I am beyond furious.  Not ONE student from the theater department was there, a rehearsal for the current show was hastily scheduled for the same time, and I'm not doing one more of these without proper support.  The lady who sets things up was given an incorrect time, she was told we ONLY needed a piano (this isn't a show - it's a moderated Q&A and Jason sang two songs) - but Jason was brilliant and it was grand fun

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2010, 04:33:01 PM »

I then went to the Hollywood Show.  Sane heads have prevailed and gone are the curtained off celebs.  However, it's more of a circus that even before, with people selling jewelry and dealers next to celebs and celebs tucked into nooks and crannies where they cannot be found.  It's a total embarrassment.  I saw my pal Lynne Stewart (Miss Yvonee from Pee Wee Herman), and that was the only person I talked to.  I was so nauseated by it that I left after thirty minutes.  Ryan O'Neal didn't even have a line - RYAN O'NEAL!  Nor did Tatum.  I saw Johnny Crawford and all I can think is that he's been very ill because this robust fellow who is no older than I looks like an old grandpa now.  I saw him a few years ago and he looked great.  I hope he's okay.  Several other folks not looking too good, and then some who looked really good.  Go know.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2010, 04:42:35 PM »

Bruce, Johnny Crawford is older than you are.  His birthday is March 26, 1946.  Of course that doesn't explain why he looks so much older.  You should have talked to him.

Jane

« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2010, 04:45:39 PM »

Sorry about the lack of students & support from the school.  It doesn't seem right.

Ginny

« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2010, 04:57:26 PM »

In honor of National Pigs-in-a-Blanket Day, I just served my family hot dogs in crescent rolls for dinner.  We had corn, too, and it was kind of like a picnic - the indoor kind, because it's raining.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2010, 04:59:45 PM »

Corn on the cob?

Jane

« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2010, 05:04:30 PM »

Ginny I picked up 5 books today I had on hold at the library.  I have them stacked in order of lightest weight to heaviest, beginning with IN DUBLIN'S FAIR CITY.  I finally got FATHER MELANCHOLY'S DAUGHTER and A MOTHER AND TWO DAUGHTERS.  Which of the two do you suggest I read first?  They are both going to be difficult for me to hold.

Ginny

« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2010, 05:08:54 PM »

Corn on the cob?

No, DR Jane, it's too early here for good corn on the cob.  We get frozen kernel corn from Schwan's that we like to eat out of season.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2010, 05:12:36 PM »

Ginny I picked up 5 books today I had on hold at the library.  I have them stacked in order of lightest weight to heaviest, beginning with IN DUBLIN'S FAIR CITY.  I finally got FATHER MELANCHOLY'S DAUGHTER and A MOTHER AND TWO DAUGHTERS.  Which of the two do you suggest I read first?  They are both going to be difficult for me to hold.

A Mother and Two Daughters is one of my all-time favorite books, one of the few I've read more than once.  Maybe I'll get out my copy and read it along with you!  Come to think of it, I've also read Father Melancholy's Daughter twice.  It has a sequel, Evensong.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2010, 05:16:51 PM »

Corn on the cob?

No, DR Jane, it's too early here for good corn on the cob.  We get frozen kernel corn from Schwan's that we like to eat out of season.

You said like a picnic, so my first thought was on the cob.  At least you have a frozen corn you like. :)

Jane

« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2010, 05:23:50 PM »

A Mother and Two Daughters is one of my all-time favorite books, one of the few I've read more than once.  Maybe I'll get out my copy and read it along with you!  Come to think of it, I've also read Father Melancholy's Daughter twice.  It has a sequel, Evensong.

I moved Mother and Two Daughter up two books in the stack, to read after the Molly Murphy book.  That is unless my friend lends me The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest before I begin Mother.  I'm guessing two, tops three days before I'm ready for my next book.  When would you be able to begin Mother?

FJL

« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2010, 05:37:59 PM »

Yikes, I just realized I hadn't read the notes today.

td

• td
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2010, 05:39:58 PM »

Just in from Borders where I took great advantage of our employee appreciation days - 40% everything in the store.  Bought many books and picked up AVATAR's combo pack and CRAZY HEART on dvd. 
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2010, 05:43:28 PM »

I've written several e-mails regarding today's event - we'll see what the response is, but at this point in time, if I don't like the response then I'm just not doing any more events and I'm folding the alumni organization - period.  It's shocking the lack of support from all but about two of the thousands of alums who are still around.  But you know when someone who was part of the department passes away, these same non-supportive alums show up so they can get up and weep and act their stupid little hearts out and tell how much the school meant to them.  Oh, really?

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2010, 06:19:31 PM »

Chicago Hope

Because It had,IMHO,The Best Ensemble Cast Of Any Series on TV

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2010, 06:21:55 PM »

Rented THE YOUNG VICTORIA for this evening.

I hope you mean the movie.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2010, 06:25:01 PM »

Shocking MR BK - but symptomatic of what is wrong with so many educational programs today. 
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up