Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: AFTER MIDNIGHT  (Read 15160 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: AFTER MIDNIGHT
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2010, 11:16:08 AM »

PAGE THREE
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2010, 12:03:56 PM »

GOOD neighbor vibes for DR elmore!!!  I thought about you when I was reading the book I just finished.  It takes place around 1902 and one of the characters is about to open a play, BABES IN TOYLAND. :)

What was the book?

"In Dublin's Fair City".  A New York theater producer hires the main character to find his sister in Dublin.  There is only one brief mention of Babes in Toyland.  What year was the first year it was preformed?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2010, 12:36:26 PM »

GOOD neighbor vibes for DR elmore!!!  I thought about you when I was reading the book I just finished.  It takes place around 1902 and one of the characters is about to open a play, BABES IN TOYLAND. :)

What was the book?

"In Dublin's Fair City".  A New York theater producer hires the main character to find his sister in Dublin.  There is only one brief mention of Babes in Toyland.  What year was the first year it was preformed?

Rehearsals began in April 1903 on the roof of the Majestic Theatre for a June 15 opening in Chicago.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2010, 12:38:34 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  We're back from Lima, after Fr. Richard did a solo act this morning.  Both his acolyte and lay reader called in sick, so he had to do the entire service by himself.  And he drove all the way home himself, too, rather that taking a nap while I drove.  That probably explains why Rob and I found him asleep in the car after we'd bought coffee at Kroger on the way home!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2010, 12:40:55 PM »

DR Jane, I totally missed the Toyland reference in In Dublin's Fair City, but did catch the mention of Wizard of Oz in the latest Molly Murphy mystery, The Last Illusion.  That's the show we're going to see in Canton, OH, this summer when DR Elmore is there.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2010, 12:41:04 PM »

I've been going and doing since I got up at nine-forty-five.  I had to answer a bunch of e-mails, then I had to go deliver a big box o' CDs, and now I'm awaiting the arrival of Mr. Nick Redman - we may go out to get a bite to eat.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2010, 12:42:26 PM »

I have several movies on Blu and Ray to catch up on, and today I'll try to watch at least two - I've got the Sandra Bullock movie she won the Oscar for, and I've got Master and Commander, which I never managed to see, and I've got Crazy Heart and Sherlock Holmes.

td

• td
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2010, 12:45:10 PM »

Just got in from a trip to the grocery store, and the sky was so pretty, I had to grab my camera:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v305/minx_the_dog/Sunday%204-25-10/storm%20warning/
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2010, 12:49:20 PM »

If you were a condemned prisoner, and you were offered anything you want as your Last Meal; what would you order?

My first answer would be chili, so that I wouldn't be the only one getting gassed.   But seriously, I will really have to give it some thought.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 12:54:29 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ben

« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2010, 12:50:48 PM »

Yes, Promises opens tonight.

Ben

« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2010, 12:52:32 PM »

We just spent the afternoon watching two pre-code movies, Torch Singer with Claudette Colbert and Hot Saturday with Nancy Carroll, Cary Grant and Randolph Scott. Mr. Scott had a very small role in the picture but it was lots of fun to see them both and to see what was considered "shocking" back in 1932 and 1933.

Ben

« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2010, 12:53:53 PM »

And in an hour we will have a hot dinner of marinated pork chops, mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables.

We will either have blueberry pie or raspberry jello for dessert. It depends on what my husband wants.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2010, 12:57:11 PM »

Afternoon, all!  Today is, for the most part, my only day off until next Monday...The Brain opens this Friday!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2010, 01:01:13 PM »

But...the sister has called and needs help putting up shelves, now that the formerly wet drywall has been replaced and repainted (a pipe/hose connection came undone in her house and there was some damage :P), but it's all better now.  That shouldn't take too long...hopefully.

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2010, 01:02:27 PM »

I'll then come back home to watch shows from this past week:  Brothers & Sisters, How I Met Your Mother, FlashForward, Fringe, Private Practice and Doctor Who, and then tonight's Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters.

Be back later!

George

« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2010, 01:06:10 PM »

But before I go...
There's an interesting article in VARIETY about how it's possible that all four Best Musical Tony nominees this season are likely to be jukebox musicals without original scores. How odd is that! Wonder if they'll do away with the Score category this year?

Memphis has an original score. ::)

I remember the year when they just gave the award to Sunset Boulevard...there were no other nominees.  And the only best lead actress nominees were Glenn Close and Rebecca Luker (for Show Boat).

George

« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2010, 01:07:35 PM »

And now I'm off.

;D

td

• td
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2010, 01:07:47 PM »

Suddenly, there are dark skies and heavy rumbles. . . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2010, 01:10:21 PM »

The rain clouds moved out and it turned into a beautiful afternoon. Looks like there may be more rain far in the distance, but that won't happen until later this evening.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2010, 01:15:51 PM »

TAR returns tonight!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2010, 01:16:50 PM »

But before I go...
There's an interesting article in VARIETY about how it's possible that all four Best Musical Tony nominees this season are likely to be jukebox musicals without original scores. How odd is that! Wonder if they'll do away with the Score category this year?

Memphis has an original score. ::)

I remember the year when they just gave the award to Sunset Boulevard...there were no other nominees.  And the only best lead actress nominees were Glenn Close and Rebecca Luker (for Show Boat).

Yes, both MEMPHIS and THE ADDAMS FAMILY were mentioned in the article, but the latter, they assumed, has no chance of a Tony nomination for Best Musical and the feeling is that for MEMPHIS, it's 50/50.

I WILDLY objected to awarding that Tony to the score for SUNSET BOULEVARD with no other nominees. In 1989, they threw out the category when they didn't feel there were enough worthy nominees. (That was the STARMITES/LEGS DIAMOND year when JEROME ROBBINS' BROADWAY won Best Musical and BLACK AND BLUE was its most viable contender.)

Giving Webber a Tony without competition was simply a way of placating him.

Matt H.

« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2010, 01:19:39 PM »

I began my afternoon of viewing by watching the rest of "Catherine Parr" from THE SIX WIVES OF HENRY VIII. I still had about an hour to go, and I really enjoyed it. It's one of my favorites from that miniseries. (They're all wonderful.)

Matt H.

« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2010, 01:21:29 PM »

Then I watched the CASTLE rerun from last night. Very enjoyable episode about the murder of a star baseball player. I remember figuring out the identity of the Cuban woman he got out of Cuba long before it was revealed, and the murderer's identity was pretty obvious once one figured that out.

Matt H.

« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2010, 01:22:55 PM »

Then I decided I'd finish up the first disc on the BONES Blu-ray set for season 4. That involved four three more episodes on the disc. The first concerned the body found in the outhouse. A very good mystery even if that annoying Daisy Wick was the intern.

Matt H.

« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2010, 01:23:52 PM »

Next came the episode with Michael Badolucco as the intern, his only appearance since at the end of the episode, he goes off to become an archaeologist. This was the episode that dealt with the dog fighting.

Matt H.

« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2010, 01:26:17 PM »

Then there was the episode where Zach solves the murder of an author with O.C.D. and escapes from the mental hpsital to report his findings. This also introduced the cute intern Wendell to the show. One of my favorite episodes of the season.

Matt H.

« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2010, 01:27:31 PM »

And then the last one on the disc involved the body found in an elevator shaft with the morose new intern who's always seeing the dark side of everything. Not the best mystery, and the intern isn't all that interesting to add to the mix.

Matt H.

« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2010, 01:49:00 PM »

Well, that was a very fast afternoon internet surf. I'm ready now to head downstairs, clean the bathroom, put away my folded laundry, and get back to some entertaining shows this evening.

WBBL.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2010, 02:32:24 PM »

Just giving a final listen to Legend Of The Lost - which he's done an amazing job with.  Very happy.  Had a lovelier than lovely lunch with Mr. Nick Redman.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2010, 03:14:35 PM »

Just got in from a trip to the grocery store, and the sky was so pretty, I had to grab my camera:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v305/minx_the_dog/Sunday%204-25-10/storm%20warning/

Beautiful clouds.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up