Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: AFTER MIDNIGHT  (Read 15191 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: AFTER MIDNIGHT
« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2010, 06:45:53 PM »

Back to BONES Season Four.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2010, 06:46:35 PM »

PAGE SIX
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2010, 06:46:40 PM »

Cranberries!
Post deleted.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2010, 06:49:16 PM »

Today they leaned over us to talk to each other. And pointed at each other. Over our chests. And talked so they were sure we heard them about how unreasonable we are to not move.

The ushers can't ask you to move since those are your seats. But I would either a)move b)speak to the woman and just explaint hat you are sorry but you pay a lot for your seats and you really like them or c) tell the house manager that you do not wish to move yet this woman is talking on top of you.

Jennifer

« Reply #154 on: April 25, 2010, 06:50:02 PM »

DR Jane you will have to let me know how the book is! I'm crossing my fingers that my library gets it next month.

Jennifer

« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2010, 06:50:32 PM »

DR JAne i just got your email now. Check your inbox.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2010, 06:52:07 PM »

DR TCB keep us posted about your episdoe of HIGH SCHOOL STORIES - I missed  it last time!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ginny

« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2010, 06:52:25 PM »

Aww, I'm sorry, Cillaliz. Please send my sympathies to DR Samantha.

I will.  If you're a friend on her facebook, I'm sure she'd appreciate a kind thought

DR Cillaliz - Samantha seems to have disappeared from my FB friends list.  Please tell her I'm thinking of her.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2010, 06:52:44 PM »

DR TCB keep us posted about your episdoe of HIGH SCHOOL STORIES - I missed  it last time!

Me, too!!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2010, 06:53:04 PM »

Thanks, everyone. I know I am being stubborn, but I like my seats. Although they are making it difficult to enjoy them. And they are doing it on purpose, so I'll move.

I SHAN'T LET THEM WIN!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

vixmom

« Reply #160 on: April 25, 2010, 06:53:26 PM »

I didn't know there were "The Keg" restaurants in the US - I have only seen them in them in Alberta, Canda

The one in Banth was very nice -12 years ago.....

Jennifer

« Reply #161 on: April 25, 2010, 06:53:29 PM »

One viewing time is more then enough for most of them--Like "Full Moon".  I watched that last night and was so bored that I almost turned it off.   

Did anyone else feel that Bella is a very, very self centered creature.  Lord help the vampires if she is turned.  I'm 18--I'm aging!  I'm soooo old! Turn me now!  Please.  Give me a break.   ::)

I really liked NEW MOON. I wrote about it here about 2 weeks ago.

I probably have a different perspective since i read the book first.

I think bella is a lot of things, although i don't know if i'd say she was self-centered.

If you loved someone and knew they were gonna be 17 forever, you might get freaked out thinking of yourself being a lot older than them.

vixmom

« Reply #162 on: April 25, 2010, 06:53:54 PM »

STNAD FIRM LAURA!!!!

vixmom

« Reply #163 on: April 25, 2010, 06:54:36 PM »

actually that should say STAND - but perhaps it would be better to say SIT TIGHT!!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #164 on: April 25, 2010, 06:56:16 PM »

I've had people sit in my seat and refuse to move before.

:o

Laura

« Reply #165 on: April 25, 2010, 06:59:13 PM »

Ok. Not plural people in my seat at one time. One person in my seat on a couple of occasions.

Jane

« Reply #166 on: April 25, 2010, 06:59:21 PM »

I will.  If you're a friend on her facebook, I'm sure she'd appreciate a kind thought
My first thought when I read the news.  I'll go to FB as soon as I can get it to connect.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2010, 07:01:00 PM »

The next time they tried to talk across you and your husband, I'd deliberately say out loud how rude it was to do something like that. They're acting up to try to get YOU to move, and I would NEVER, EVER give in to that kind of behavorial blackmail. And if they reached across you again, I'd slap their hands away and tell them to stay out of your personal space.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

« Reply #168 on: April 25, 2010, 07:02:28 PM »

DR Jane you will have to let me know how the book is! I'm crossing my fingers that my library gets it next month.

So far :D  I think my friend likes the 2nd book best.  I think it is impossible for this one to be better.  From what my friend & her husband said I doubt I'll be disappointed with Hornets' Nest.

Jane

« Reply #169 on: April 25, 2010, 07:02:44 PM »

DR JAne i just got your email now. Check your inbox.

Thanks.

Jane

« Reply #170 on: April 25, 2010, 07:03:50 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Samantha seems to have disappeared from my FB friends list.  Please tell her I'm thinking of her.

A couple of my FB friends have been losing friends & don't know why.  I went & made a list of all of mine in case it happens to me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #171 on: April 25, 2010, 07:04:33 PM »

She decided a while back to limit her Facebook friends to those she really stays in contact a lot. Nothing personal...  I passed on a message to her from "everyone at HHW"  I'm assuming no one minds being included in condolences for her pet. 

Jane

« Reply #172 on: April 25, 2010, 07:05:31 PM »

Thanks, everyone. I know I am being stubborn, but I like my seats. Although they are making it difficult to enjoy them. And they are doing it on purpose, so I'll move.

I SHAN'T LET THEM WIN!

They won't win if you get better seats.  I don't blame you for being stubborn about it when they have been so rude.  Have you told them why you won't move?

vixmom

« Reply #173 on: April 25, 2010, 07:05:50 PM »

SO _ my work on the Church "Committee to Sell the Parsonage"  is off to a  good start -

We interviewed 3 real estate agents last Saturday - and I talked the others into choosing the RE Agent I felt best about - He was the only one of the three that  I felt was completely upfront and honest - and was also willing to half his commission if the Church found a buyer  - something the others were not willing to do

On Wednesday we signed the Listing Agreement and he agreed to all the changes I put  in

By the end of business, Thursday he had it on 2 web sites - by end of business Fridaty he had it on 20 websites and had conducted an open house for all the salespeople in his office

On Saturday the For Sale sign was on the front lawn and today and today he ran an open house.

The Vixter and I went out yesterday and bough curtains for the living room and the kitchen and put them up so the house would look less stark when you first walked in , and we also found a nice little round table at a garage sale and we put that in the corner of the living room with a lamp on it - 

Ken the Committee Chair mowed the lawns, front  & back so the place would look lovely today

and it was a grey rainy day - why not go house hunting?

Jane

« Reply #174 on: April 25, 2010, 07:06:44 PM »

Ok. Not plural people in my seat at one time. One person in my seat on a couple of occasions.

lol-I got that. :)  It is still shocking.  If you are in the wrong seat you move, period!

Matt H.

« Reply #175 on: April 25, 2010, 07:07:19 PM »

I began my evening of viewing with Joan Crawford's 1930 drama PAID. I really enjoyed it. An entertaining thread of an idea: a woman framed for theft gets sent up for three years even though she begs her boss to intercede at her sentencing hearing since she was innocent. The boss refuses and she vows revenge. During her three years, she studies the law, not to become a lawyer but to be able to run scams that circumvent the law, and she's very successful. Her biggest scam, though, is getting the son of the store owner to fall in love with her, eloping with him, and then letting him introduce her to his father as his wife. There's a rather tiresome art theft plot after that which is pretty lame, but until then, it is one of the best early Crawford movies that I've seen.

Douglass Montgomery played the son (he used his earlier screen name Kent Douglass then), and Robert Armstrong is the head of the scam gang.

Matt H.

« Reply #176 on: April 25, 2010, 07:09:34 PM »

Then, I decided on an evening of BONES episodes. I began with the one DR Elmore was talking about earlier today, with the transexual preacher. Yep, it's a really good episode, and the one that introduced Mr. Nigel-Murray to the intern squad. Though he asked to be taken out of the rotation and not come back, he does appear in other episodes this season and in the current season.

Laura

« Reply #177 on: April 25, 2010, 07:09:41 PM »

I have great seats -- third row center in a community theater. I don't think I can get any better. Nor can they -- just off center.

Matt H.

« Reply #178 on: April 25, 2010, 07:10:31 PM »

I had to suffer through another of the Daisy Wick episodes, this one about an artist who was found murdered in a crushed car sculpture. I cannot stand that character or that actress.

vixmom

« Reply #179 on: April 25, 2010, 07:11:29 PM »

We listed at 349,999 expecting an eventual  sale at 335,000

today we received an offer for 335,000 and the Realtor suggested we counter offer at 345,000
and they said YES!

Now my work is cut out for me to explain the transaction church council,  to the get the contract drafted and signed and get the State Attoreny General to approve the Sale - and then it's house hunting for a new parsonage! 

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up