Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WHEN I'M EIGHTY  (Read 11047 times)

Jennifer

Re: WHEN I'M EIGHTY
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2010, 01:27:25 PM »

DR Jane, i didn't watch the hockey game last night (well i did watch the last few minutes). IT was also on in the bar of the restaurant we were at.  I did come out and chat with people. But they took up all the good seats anyways. And since it was my birthday i figured i didn't have to watch something i didn't feel like watching. Nobody cared. And the Canadiens won! (my niece was ecstatic).

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2010, 01:27:28 PM »

Tuesday already.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2010, 01:38:38 PM »

Minutes are done and sent to the president.  Hope the secretary's there tonight!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2010, 01:41:31 PM »

I don't undersand the reasoning behind LOST being a repeat tonight, but it is. It's the Richard Alpert episode, and while I enjoyed it, I don't really want to rewatch it. However, I'm assuming there will be squeegees added to the show, and they might be fun, so I will likely DVR the show. I'll watch it tomorrow when I'm eating lunch.

I also don't get this. And i'm sure a lot of people will be annoyed when the tune in. I mentioned this last week that it was gonna be a repeat. Since i was checking my tv's schedule and noticed that the show isn't even on the canadian station. So i looked online and saw it was a repeat.

:(

At least there is lots of other stuff on.

The only reason I can imagine for the repeat of the Richard Alpert episode is that the next new episode must build very strongly on the Alpert mythology and the network wanted to make sure his story was clear to viewers before proceeding. But that's mere;y a guess. I have no idea what the next new episode will be about.

I do know that since ABC moved LOST to the second half of the season (what, three years ago?), they've never before shown the new episodes interrupted by reruns.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2010, 01:42:13 PM »

Now I must hop off-line and get some writing done. Then I'll head down for more entertaining Tv programs for this evening.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2010, 01:54:00 PM »

Had a Szechuan lunch today at Shan Dong Restaurant in Oakland's Chinatown district.

All of us found our food too salty...and we had ordered with explicit "no MSG" instructions.

Turns out, the kitchen had received spices from a different supplier and not what they are used to using.  They are "guessing" how to treat food when "No MSG" is specified.  Several of our dishes were replaced with salt-free substitutions.

On the way back, I saw an UPS truck and it was driven by "our" delivery guy Jerome.  I yelled out a hello to him and he stopped.  "I have a small package for you!" he responded.

It was, of course, "Out of Africa" on BD.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Laura

« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2010, 02:10:42 PM »

Today my birding buddy said she'd like to learn the names of the lizards we see. So, her first lizard on her first day of lizard watching is a gila monster.

Our other great finds today were a javelina, a coachwhip, and two wild mustangs.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2010, 02:23:52 PM »

I think you should give names to these lizards.

The one in the picture can be "Milla, the Gila monster"!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2010, 02:28:06 PM »

Long long day, but I had two really good meetings. I'm thinking about OZ edits and what to do for dinner.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2010, 02:29:58 PM »

I don't undersand the reasoning behind LOST being a repeat tonight, but it is. It's the Richard Alpert episode, and while I enjoyed it, I don't really want to rewatch it. However, I'm assuming there will be squeegees added to the show, and they might be fun, so I will likely DVR the show. I'll watch it tomorrow when I'm eating lunch.

I also don't get this. And i'm sure a lot of people will be annoyed when the tune in. I mentioned this last week that it was gonna be a repeat. Since i was checking my tv's schedule and noticed that the show isn't even on the canadian station. So i looked online and saw it was a repeat.

:(

At least there is lots of other stuff on.

Read this fun piece on tonight's "Lost" repeat!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2010, 03:19:02 PM »

I can't believe the weather today. Yesterday it was 60s. And this friday-sat-sun is supposed to be 70. But today it is snowing. And it's a thick yucky messy snow. Yuck!

I shouldn't complain we went from beautiful spring weather to 45 degrees and rain. 

I met a friend in town for lunch.  When I went back out the sun was shinning & I had too a short walk & met two Bernese Mountain Dogs visiting from California.  It is still raining at home.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2010, 03:21:22 PM »

DR Jane, i was at Chapters (book store) and they had the paper back for THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE. So i sat down and re-read the last chapter.

It was the paperback. So it had the first chapter to the next book. So i decided to read it. It also had a blurb about it (which i had not yet read). 

I don't read those "preview" chapters in books.  It drives me crazy not to be able to finish reading the book, plus I have noticed many of them are written as a preview and are not necessarily the first chapter.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2010, 04:33:17 PM »

A repeat of Lost - brilliant - string everyone along.  My guess?  They've had to make some last minute changes and needed the breathing room.  They have boxed themselves into so many corners it must be insane trying to tie all of it up in a pretty pink ribbon.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2010, 04:37:07 PM »

I haven't stopped until just now.  And I still have stuff to do.  The helper arrived, we packaged up all the orders that were sitting here.  Then we grabbed some lunch, then went to Costco and Staples - we bought some plastic drawer things for our various and sundried forms and inks and all that stuff, plus a little plastic file folder.  With those we were able to get rid of all the stupid boxes under the hutch in the dining room.  Now it's very neat under there and looks so much better.  Then it was over to the mail place, where I picked up nine count them nine boxes of the new book - the hardcover, here a week earlier than expected.  Now the usual dilemma - which is whether to ship immediately or wait for the CD that goes with the book.  I think I'll probably have that on Monday, so I'm thinking waiting is the best option, since I'll just be inserting the CD loosely inside the front of the book.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2010, 04:43:15 PM »

BK, in 2028 you will only have to think your notes and they will magically appear on our wall-size i-life, where it will appear in 3-D and smell-o-vision.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2010, 04:58:07 PM »

Oh yes, DR JMK - I would love to have been at the premiere of COME & GET IT in Seattle.....I am sure it was much more exciting than it was presented in FRANCES.....

I think that scene in FRANCES was shot at the Paramount Theater, where I spent many wonderful Saturday afternoons of my youth.

Since it's been about 5-7 years since I've been back to Seattle, are any of the old downtown theaters still there?

i.e.  Paramount, 5th Avenue, Roosevelt, Colonial, Music Hall, Roosevelt, Palomar, Blue Mouse, Music Box

Both the Paramount and the 5th Avenue are both used for touring productions; although last Christmas they did present the sing-along SOUND OF MUSIC at the 5th Avenue.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2010, 05:08:45 PM »

Not a soul in the place, not even a guest.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2010, 05:11:50 PM »

Oh yes, DR JMK - I would love to have been at the premiere of COME & GET IT in Seattle.....I am sure it was much more exciting than it was presented in FRANCES.....

I think that scene in FRANCES was shot at the Paramount Theater, where I spent many wonderful Saturday afternoons of my youth.

Since it's been about 5-7 years since I've been back to Seattle, are any of the old downtown theaters still there?

i.e.  Paramount, 5th Avenue, Roosevelt, Colonial, Music Hall, Roosevelt, Palomar, Blue Mouse, Music Box

Both the Paramount and the 5th Avenue are both used for touring productions; although last Christmas they did present the sing-along SOUND OF MUSIC at the 5th Avenue.

They also hold a lot of concerts at the Paramount.  I saw Laura Nyro there years ago.  The Paramount has the absolute worst seats for anyone over 5 feet tall.  Your knees are crushed the moment you sit down.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2010, 05:16:06 PM »

T.O.D.

I also think I would have liked to be at the premiere of A STAR IS BORN.  I used to have a video that had about an hour of the film's premiere on it.  Not the film itself, just an hour outside the theater.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2010, 05:16:08 PM »

BK, in 2028 you will only have to think your notes and they will magically appear on our wall-size i-life, where it will appear in 3-D and smell-o-vision.

and FEEL-O-RAMA!!

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2010, 05:17:30 PM »

And now, I'm off to the theater...with a stop for dinner first.  Tonight, we're first going to do tech stuff for act two then run the whole show!

Be back later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2010, 05:18:16 PM »

Oh, man, I'm exhausted already.  I've begun the liner notes, but really need to take a break.  I think I'll finish The Blind Side, then think about watching one other motion picture on Blu and Ray.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2010, 06:00:36 PM »

TCM is showing a lot of Robert Taylor's films from the late 50's and early 60's.

Interesting....mostly European made westerns.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2010, 06:12:36 PM »

Who is it, or was it, that often mentioned TIM TAMS?  Pepperidge Farms now has them out in Chocolate and caramel.  Not knowing what I was buying, I picked caramel.  I am not impressed.
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2010, 06:20:58 PM »

TCB, it was DakotaCelt.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jennifer

« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2010, 06:28:09 PM »

DR Jane, i was at Chapters (book store) and they had the paper back for THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE. So i sat down and re-read the last chapter.

It was the paperback. So it had the first chapter to the next book. So i decided to read it. It also had a blurb about it (which i had not yet read). 

I don't read those "preview" chapters in books.  It drives me crazy not to be able to finish reading the book, plus I have noticed many of them are written as a preview and are not necessarily the first chapter.

I don't usually read them. But since the book is coming out in a few weeks i did.  I'm pretty sure this was the actual first chapter since the third book was already written when this book  (2) went into paperback.

Jennifer

« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2010, 06:29:40 PM »

My guess about LOST being a repeat is that they decided to do the finale on a sunday and they had the date selected. They obviously don't want to go against the IDOL finale.

Jennifer

« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2010, 06:31:41 PM »

BTW, IDOL went over by about 2 minutes. So for those who record GLEE it could go over by up to that amount of time.

For me THE GOOD WIFE is on the same channel as GLEE so i guess that show will go over for me, although it will probably work itself out. I cannot figure out why the Canadian channel that shows GLEE keeps having to wait till the same time as FOX to broadcast GLEE. They just show commercials for the first 2 minutes. And then all their shows go over the scheduled time.

Ginny

« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2010, 06:46:54 PM »

Survived the board meeting and got home in time for the beginning of GLEE.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

KevinH

« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2010, 06:59:07 PM »

TOD:  The premiere of Funny Girl!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up