Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG  (Read 11335 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG
« Reply #150 on: May 12, 2010, 10:20:43 PM »

I've been reading posts about the episode on various boards - the majority of posts that I read were not happy with the episode, some citing it as the worst of the series, and several being very annoyed with it.  Here is a rather typical post from one of those boards:

Lost: the story of a series gone wrong. Lost: the creative ability of the writers. I thought some of the last episodes were bad,......but if this is what we get in the last two episodes. ....Dreck! What a rip off. I've waited 6 years for this. Had I known.......As Freddy the Pig said...as the days were getting torrider and torrider, the plot was getting horrider and horrider. The worst New Outer Limits exceeded the creativity of the ill-begotten Lost by far. Oh well.....Let's see how they tie the garbage together before it goes to the dump.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: May 12, 2010, 10:21:09 PM »

Welcome twelve GUESTS.  Who knew?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: May 12, 2010, 10:21:37 PM »

Listening to the Holy Grail tracks - incredibly beautiful.  I only pray that it all works out smoothly and swiftly.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #153 on: May 12, 2010, 10:35:38 PM »

My curiosity is piqued...i wonder what this Holy Grail is.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #154 on: May 12, 2010, 10:39:20 PM »

I have never seen Lost, so I could not presume to say much. However, I find in general that I quickly lose interest when writers try to be too clever, too complicated, and play too much on their viewer's emotions. I value a simple scene that has been well written far more than the scene crammed with cliff hangers and plot twists.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2010, 11:25:00 PM »

Amen, sister.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: May 12, 2010, 11:27:25 PM »

Still, Lost obviously works for a huge number of people - in fact, the people who find it problematic are in the minority.  It's all horse racing, of course.  I said I'd stick with the show to the bitter end and I obviously will (although with Alias, I got so annoyed at the last two shows before the season finale that I didn't even watch the final episode) - I hope that doesn't happen here, but I've been pretty disappointed with this final season.  And I did enjoy some shows in previous seasons, even when I felt the writers were clearly flailing (which they have admitted).
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up