Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: EARTING  (Read 15126 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: EARTING
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2010, 10:32:44 AM »

PAGE THREE SINGLE LADIES DANCE... COURTESY OF LIZA MINELLI!
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2010, 10:41:05 AM »

I had a lovelier than lovely phone conversation with our BK which was a lot of fun and filled with fascinating topics, a wonderful lunch of leftover Chinese food, and I finished two more ROSE OF ALGERIa edits. I've got about an hour before I begin my walk to the new music store, and I think I'll vacuum the apartment now.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2010, 11:01:24 AM »

Big Apple leads the way!

GADLING

New York City street vendors to accept credit cards
by Mike Barish

Starting in June, if you've got a hankering for some street meat in New York City, you'll be able to use a credit card to purchase your kebab. As part of a trial program in Manhattan, Brooklyn and the Bronx, select street vendors will begin accepting credit card payments for food.

And the whole truth of the matter:

Here in New York, however, we've always been hip to street meat.

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Cillaliz

« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2010, 11:50:56 AM »

Good day!  it's very windy warm and humid here.  Feels like we could have a storm

Cillaliz

« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2010, 11:57:47 AM »

This is an amazing story - well the cat surviving is the amazing part  but WARNING - the first link is to the original article and shows the cat with a nail in it's head.  It's not bloody but could be disturbing.   The second link is to the story about the cat surviving surgery and has no photos.  I really hope they find out who is responsible for this

Cat with nail in head to have surgery
http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/news/local/article_4a878125-e5f3-5d8b-85c7-7f251149c9e0.html

Cat survives surgery to take nail from its head
http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/news/local/article_30f38a1e-03c9-5cc3-bb07-ba36ea064c5f.html

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2010, 12:01:22 PM »

Jose - yes, the Japanese bits begin each act.  And I agree with you about the current crop - someone on one of those boards posted about some team that's very popular with the teenies - they haven't really had a show play anywhere other than colleges and stuff - so I went to their site and listened and if you didn't know it could be JRB or any one of those guys - it all sounds the same.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2010, 12:01:54 PM »

Back from some poached eggs and toast and some errands and whatnot.  I'll head over to the bookshop in about an hour and fifteen minutes.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2010, 12:07:26 PM »

Bk, hopeyou have a brilliant book-signing.  Please Give my best to Malcolm and Christine.  My favourite young talented composer working today is a wee pup named Bruce kimmel.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2010, 12:08:20 PM »

Back from some poached eggs and toast and some errands and whatnot.  I'll head over to the bookshop in about an hour and fifteen minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Most Excellent Reading Vibes to Our BK! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2010, 12:09:09 PM »

Weren't people joking about a baseball musical yesterday?  I mean, there was a little show called DAMN YANKEES about 50 years or so ago.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2010, 12:09:30 PM »

Book signing vibes for MR BK.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2010, 12:09:53 PM »

The didgeridoo music is vibrating my cerebral cortex.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2010, 12:10:30 PM »

I just had a nice chat with Mr Ron Raines, who's in St Louis rehearsing A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC with Sian Phillips and Amy Irving, directed by Isaac Mizrahi. I am now off to meet Bruce Pomahac and have a great aftwernoon and evening. Walter Willison sent a lot of his friends an email about the opening of this new music shop, so I'm suspecting he will be there holding court.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2010, 12:12:37 PM »

Weren't people joking about a baseball musical yesterday?  I mean, there was a little show called DAMN YANKEES about 50 years or so ago.  ;)

There was also a flop about Jackie Robinson and BK recorded two numbers from it on UNSUNG MUSiCALS, and there was a revue, DIAMONDS, that had the great song "Hundredas of Hats."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2010, 12:19:10 PM »

From two responses on Facebook, I think I've been phished. Is that the term?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2010, 12:41:46 PM »

Walter Willison holds court with the best of them. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2010, 12:42:15 PM »

I'm all showered and fresh as a daisy and in about thirty minutes I'll head over to the bookstore and hope for the best :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2010, 12:49:39 PM »

Book signing vibes to BK  Hope there's a great turnout ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2010, 12:50:26 PM »

It's been an insane couple of weeks.  I'm still reading your book and still enjoying it

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2010, 12:52:44 PM »

BK-

Just Viewed JANE EYRE(TV Adaptation) with George C. Scott and Susannah York- Wonderful Score by JOHN WILLIAMS(CD has been out of print for a long time) Would You Consider releasing this score? One Of Williams Best,Methinks!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2010, 01:08:53 PM »

Sanity vibes for DR CILLA LIZ.

Cillaliz

« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2010, 01:16:15 PM »

Thanks JRand.  Not insane as in I'm going crazy, just busy insane.  I do appreciate the vibes though.

Today i have a billion things to do and I just feel like sitting....so i'm sitting, lol.

Cillaliz

« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2010, 01:17:34 PM »

HWHC and I are becoming friends.  He still makes cat jokes, but has admitted that he is just bugging me about it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2010, 01:20:26 PM »

Yesterday we went through a really old house - late 1800s early 1900s that is likely going to be torn down by the city to put in a community garden.   I'm pretty disgusted about it.  The house is HUGE and has some really cool door knobs, hinges, woodwork etc.  but the idea that they are going to spend $45,000 in taxpayer money to tear down the house and put in a garden when there is empty space available for a garden bugs me a lot.    I was hoping that one of the guys with us may decide to buy it before the deal is done with the city, but I don't think it's going to happen. 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 01:25:03 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2010, 01:21:32 PM »

Tomorrow there will be a newspaper article about me and the woman who grew up in my house published in the Greenville Tx newspaper.   Hopefully it will be in the online edition so I can post a link.  It was a really nice article. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2010, 01:22:59 PM »

Monday we're going to go through a William Steele designed church that has been rescued, because the church members who bought it want advice on how to restore portions of it.  I'm going along for the tour while the experts help. HWHC would be good at this but he's going to be out of town all next week.  Not sure he told the other board members about that
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 01:26:50 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2010, 01:24:03 PM »

Monday I also have a full day of work in my office and I have my interview with the city council for a position on the Historic Preservation Commission.   I never would have dreamed that I'd be doing all this, but I'm loving it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2010, 01:28:33 PM »

In August I'm going to an NACDL meeting in Toronto...think I already mentioned that.  I made my hotel reservations and signed up for the conference, but am hoping for better air fares before buying my ticket

Cillaliz

« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2010, 01:39:27 PM »

I'm also still working on the design review standards and guidelines for an historic district here in town.  I have until the middle of June to get the whole thing together and to the neighborhood coalition.  I met with them earlier in the week.

Cillaliz

« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2010, 01:41:59 PM »

Wow,. looks like I chased everyone away.....perhaps I'll go make a late lunch/early dinner with the fresh greens I bought at the farmer's market today
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up