Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BOOK SIGNING  (Read 18587 times)

Cillaliz

Re: THE BOOK SIGNING
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2010, 11:58:16 AM »

Jose, love the LOST videos.   I haven't watched LOST since the first season. I've considered watching tonight, but doubt I will. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2010, 12:00:05 PM »

I'm off to see the premiere of a friends documentary about the history of one of SC's wildest parts of town... Back when we were called "Little Chicago"  Lots of booze, mob, and all that goes with it.  Should be fun. It's at a local bar so we'll have some cocktails and watch the crazy days of SC.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2010, 12:01:14 PM »

DR Jane, post when you've watched MEDIUM. There is something i read last night that i wanted to tell you that is not really related to last night's show. But could potentially spoil something.

Email it with the subject MEDIUM & I'll save it until we have watched the show.

Jane

« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2010, 12:02:24 PM »

I believe I have a poltergeist:  the keys were in a pair of shorts which I haven't worn since Friday when I wore them to work.  I had long pants on all day yesterday:  for Dixie's walk, for feeding the dogs next door and for grocery shopping.  I used those keys all day yesterday, but not those shorts.

;D

Jane

« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2010, 12:04:55 PM »

EYE AND ALL AROUND FEEL GOOD VIBES TO DR SAM!!!

Jane

« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2010, 12:11:43 PM »

Regarding the last episode of MEDIUM....If you have not seen it, STOP reading now....

MENTALIST SPOILER!!!

What was your reaction during the scene with Red John?  Are you now suspicious of Kristina's (psychic friend) involvement or that she might even be RJ?  Does Red John have her as a captive, etc.?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 02:07:38 PM by Jane »

FJL

« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2010, 12:21:26 PM »

The bar-mitzvah in Scranton was beautiful, the hotel was gorgeous though the room lacked windows - but it was quite a room otherwise.

Jane

« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2010, 12:25:20 PM »

:D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2010, 12:28:48 PM »

I shall now be on my way to see a musical, sup, and then return for Lost.

Jennifer

« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2010, 12:45:29 PM »

-And I really do wish you well in regards to staying away from "Lost" SPOILERS.  I have a feeling that this one is going to be very hard to avoid.  There's just way too much mainstream media coverage of the whole event, phenomenon.

I wonder if it will be hard to stay away from spoilers. It's not like a show where there is a winner. And it's not likely the finale is going to have one concrete ending where you can sum it up in a few words. I would suspect the finale is going to be complicated with lots of different bits and pieces to process.

Although that said i'm going to try not to go on the internet/entertainment sites until i watch. Cause i don't want to be spoiled.  Tomorrow is a holiday in Canada. But that said i think my nieces will be showing up quite early as we're going on a picnic.

Jennifer

« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2010, 12:48:18 PM »

Jose, love the LOST videos.   I haven't watched LOST since the first season. I've considered watching tonight, but doubt I will. 

I would watch. There is a recap thing at 7pm that can fill you in on what you've missed.

Jennifer

« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2010, 12:49:52 PM »

you mean THE MENTALIST SPOILER

Regarding the last episode of MEDIUM....If you have not seen it, STOP reading now....

SPOILER!!!

What was your reaction during the scene with Red John?  Are you now suspicious of Kristina's (psychic friend) involvement or that she might even be RJ?  Does Red John have her as a captive, etc.?

Jennifer

« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2010, 12:56:36 PM »

re: THE MENTALIST

SPOILER!!!

To me there was no reason to think Kristina is Red John or is involved with him. I assume he has her.

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2010, 01:39:42 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  We're back from Lima and I'm about to take a nap.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2010, 02:09:14 PM »

you mean THE MENTALIST SPOILER

Yes, I corrected my post. :)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2010, 02:50:13 PM »

The bar-mitzvah in Scranton was beautiful, the hotel was gorgeous though the room lacked windows - but it was quite a room otherwise.

Having been to Scranton myself, I believe they usually charge extra for a room with no windows.   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2010, 02:59:53 PM »

Who was your favorite all-time TV crush?  When you were a teenager, that one person (actor or actress) on the TV screen that made your heart go pitter patter.

Without a doubt - Chuck Conners, THE RIFLEMAN

ooh -= Bobby Sherman, Donny Osmond or Peter Deuel... hard to say
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2010, 03:01:12 PM »

bk - Is this your handiwork? ;)

Lost Series Finale Leaked!!

::)

Loved it!!  (And I never saw the show)

vixmom

« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2010, 03:02:33 PM »

well I am goinmg to try and see WFO  laters!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2010, 03:08:24 PM »

Who was your favorite all-time TV crush?  When you were a teenager, that one person (actor or actress) on the TV screen that made your heart go pitter patter.

David Cassidy, Davy Jones, Bobby Sherman, Eric Estrada....Yikes! am I really admitting this

Cillaliz

« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2010, 03:09:50 PM »

Loved High Times on Lower Fourth Street.   This town was WILD in it's day, mob, gambling, liquor when it was outlawed, cops on the take....it was really fun to see the video.  Glad they have preserved the memories for future generations

Jane

« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2010, 03:10:32 PM »

Peter Duel by far!!!!  Of course this doesn't count for me as I wasn't a teenager anymore. :)  I cried when he died, such a waste.

Jennifer

« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2010, 03:18:43 PM »

We are still on page 3!

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2010, 03:19:27 PM »

It's too hot to bake at night. We've been having really sunny and hot days. So i prepared the batter for banana muffins and i will bake them tomorrow morning.

Jennifer

« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2010, 03:19:53 PM »

I hate it when i check every pocket for kleenex and still get one stuck in my laundry! :(

Jennifer

« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2010, 03:20:21 PM »

I may check out the LOST recap thing at 7pm. Although i really need to read.

Jennifer

« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2010, 03:20:56 PM »

And I think I will have an ice cream sandwich. Has anyone else tried the Neapolitan ones?

Cillaliz

« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2010, 03:25:08 PM »

And I think I will have an ice cream sandwich. Has anyone else tried the Neapolitan ones?

Yes, and ice cream sounds good right now but I'd have to go out in the heat to get it

Cillaliz

« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2010, 03:29:04 PM »

I don't see this on the web yet, but Carol said it would be published today, so I'll share it this way

The phone call came on a Saturday afternoon this spring.
It was one of those “you don’t know me, but ...”
“Good heavens, what now?” I wondered.
I needn’t have been apprehensive, because the woman, whose name is Priscilla, went on to explain that she now owns the home in Iowa where I grew up, and she was interested in its history.
How had she located me? She explained that the previous owner from whom she bought the house had given her one of my columns written in the late 1990s about a trip back to Sioux City for a high school reunion. I had visited my old home, met the then-owners, toured the house and written about the memories this revived. Because she had my name, she just took a chance that I would still be living in Greenville.
Since that time we’ve exchanged a number of letters and discovered several interesting coincidences:
• Priscilla is originally from Estherville, Iowa. My mother’s first name was Esther.
• Priscilla is an attorney doing family and criminal law. So is my daughter.
• Priscilla took a class in Sioux City history when she first moved there, and one of the people she learned about was my grandfather, Andrew Anderson, who saved the lives of 27 people but lost his own in the great flood of 1892.
• Priscilla loves the house. So do I, and most important of all, she wants to preserve and return it to its original state, or as close as is feasible.
My father had the house built in 1934 from a plan he and my mother had found in a magazine. The structure was of brick and stone, in a style called French Normandy, or so my mother said.
Priscilla has been working on restoration for four years now, and so far has put in a new furnace and air conditioning. (There was no A/C when I lived there. Air conditioning was reserved for places like the Orpheum Theater.) Carpeting has been replaced, and she removed some hideous wallpaper and put new countertops in the kitchen.
“I am somewhat of a history buff and am getting more and more interested in historic preservation,” she wrote. “I have been looking into the history of the people who have owned this house, primarily your family because they built it and lived here the longest.”
“Getting into the history of ‘our’ house has led me into doing more historic preservation work in Sioux City,” she continued. “I’m trying to help save the buildings that are of historic interest and in good enough shape to be restored.”
You cannot imagine how grateful I am that someone who cares about the place now owns my former home. When I was in high school my mother, who had been widowed for a few years, decided to drive out to the area on the outskirts of town where she had been raised. The place was a wreck, she said on returning. “I wish I had never gone there. I would rather have remembered it as it was.”
Before Priscilla bought our house, I had returned to Sioux City for yet another school reunion, and on a drive through our old neighborhood I spotted a “For Sale” sign on the lawn. All of my immediate family were now gone, and the empty house was a reminder of their absence.
English writer Samuel Butler expressed my feelings perfectly: “An empty house is like a stray dog or a body from which life has departed.”
But now there’s life in the house and it has a future.
Priscilla wrote me that “during this past winter when the temps were very cold, the wind was blowing and the snow was very deep, there were four deer who would curl up at night around the tree in the front yard. It was such a peaceful sight.”
Bear in mind that this is a developed neighborhood, not out in the country, and the thought of deer coming into the yard and resting there is a priceless image to me.
Yes, Greenville is my home now. It’s where my husband and I raised our five children and I love the place and take pleasure in those memories.
But my childhood memories are at home in Iowa, and they are at peace.

Ferguson is a columnist for the Herald-Banner.

td

• td
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2010, 03:34:30 PM »

I had a crush on Dack Rambo.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up