Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: A FINE HOW DO YOU DO  (Read 13052 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: A FINE HOW DO YOU DO
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2010, 02:25:46 PM »

At last....

PAGE THREE!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2010, 02:36:51 PM »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY 41ST ANNIVERSARY TO DR JANE AND HER EVER-LOVIN' KEITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!
Ditto!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2010, 02:46:50 PM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

The one movie that comes right to mind is:

"On Golden Pond" - I actually saw it three times in the movie theater.

And upon further reflection:

"Poltergeist"
"The Breakfast Club"
"Cinema Paradiso"
"Raiders of the Lost Ark" - And I LOVED playing that main theme in marching band too!

...Plus a plethora of other movies I know I'm forgetting and/or have already been mentioned.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2010, 02:49:25 PM »

Back from the tape transfer place - and the good news is that it appears that I will indeed be able to do what I want with a cast album reissue - we haven't actually done the work yet, but it seems like it should work fine.  And so, for your ears only, we will be doing a two CD set of the Original Cast Recording of Promises, Promises.  CD 1 will be the original album mix, which, shockingly, has never been on CD before - yes, there have been two issues of this on CD (Ryko and Varese) but that was a remix that was simply not mentioned anywhere on the packaging.  I never thought that CD sounded right and now I know why.  So, for the first time on CD, the original album mix.  CD2 will be a new mix with - and this is the fun part - all of Jerry Orbach's (and Ed Winter's and A. Larry Haines') pitch problems fixed - if not perfectly, much better than they've ever been.  I am so thrilled to be able to do this, because I have to imagine that Mr. Orbach was probably not happy with the pitch problems - but they only had a day to record and that was that - the old days.  So, we'll see how it goes, but this is potentially very exciting.  Varese, in fact, after promising me they would never do anything B'way related after I left, broke their promise because of greed.  They tried to renew their license, which was up at the end of April.  But I'd already done the deal and they were told "too bad, Kritzerland has it."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2010, 02:57:40 PM »

Back from the tape transfer place - and the good news is that it appears that I will indeed be able to do what I want with a cast album reissue - we haven't actually done the work yet, but it seems like it should work fine.  And so, for your ears only, we will be doing a two CD set of the Original Cast Recording of Promises, Promises.  CD 1 will be the original album mix, which, shockingly, has never been on CD before - yes, there have been two issues of this on CD (Ryko and Varese) but that was a remix that was simply not mentioned anywhere on the packaging.  I never thought that CD sounded right and now I know why.  So, for the first time on CD, the original album mix.  CD2 will be a new mix with - and this is the fun part - all of Jerry Orbach's (and Ed Winter's and A. Larry Haines') pitch problems fixed - if not perfectly, much better than they've ever been.  I am so thrilled to be able to do this, because I have to imagine that Mr. Orbach was probably not happy with the pitch problems - but they only had a day to record and that was that - the old days.  So, we'll see how it goes, but this is potentially very exciting.  Varese, in fact, after promising me they would never do anything B'way related after I left, broke their promise because of greed.  They tried to renew their license, which was up at the end of April.  But I'd already done the deal and they were told "too bad, Kritzerland has it."

:) :) :) :)

Are you going to try to get it out at the same time as the Revival OCR? ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2010, 02:58:53 PM »

And I believe the forecasted storm is about to move in...

And since I have to head back downtown anyway...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2010, 03:00:02 PM »

Happy Anniversary AND Happy Freedom Day to Jane and Keith!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2010, 03:04:42 PM »

Great news on "Promises, Promises." I look forward to getting a copy. It feels like turkey lurkey time has come early this year.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2010, 03:06:29 PM »

I'll just send you one on Thursday - no worries.

:D :D

John G.

« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2010, 03:09:28 PM »

Thank you, DR Druxy, for reminding me of "The Stunt Man," which I thought was the 1970s and is one of the best movies I've ever seen, and "A Room With a View," which may not be your cup of tea, but it certainly is mine. I saw it three or four times in the theater and countless times on video/DVD.

I forgot a couple of other all-time favorites: the original "Hairspray," which I may have seen more than 50 times, and "Shoot the Moon" with Diane Keaton, Albert Finney and Dana Hill giving searing performances.  
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2010, 03:11:47 PM »

Happy Anniversary to Jane and Keith!!!

Jane

« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2010, 03:14:19 PM »

Thank you DR Jose, he is definitely my ever-lovin'.

Jennifer

« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2010, 03:15:55 PM »

I saw the SEX & THE CITY 2 movie and I think that those reviewers were out of their mind.

Anyone who loved the series and loved the first movie will love this movie.  Those grumpy old men who reviewed SATC2 really did their readers a disservice.  I think part of the 2nd movie is knowing the characters though. What they do will not make sense if you do not know about Carrie and Mr. Big. Or about how he walked out on her or what happened in the first movie.  It is basically a continuation of everything that has happened till now.

I thought it was fun and funny. I do think 2 hrs 20 is a tiny bit too long. But the ending was so interesting and there weren't really any parts that i would have wanted to cut.

I think anybody who is a true fan of the show and first movie should definitely see this one.

Jennifer

« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2010, 03:16:38 PM »

DR Jane i think a few people did not pick up their copies of the GIRL WHO KICKED THE HORNET'S NEST. So i may have moved up a few places. I will see tomorrow when i get my printout.

Jennifer

« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2010, 03:16:59 PM »

Tonight is the premiere of HELL'S KITCHEN. And of course. GLEE.

John G.

« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2010, 03:18:39 PM »

Happy anniversary, DR Jane and Keith
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2010, 03:18:47 PM »

Happy Anniversary AND Happy Freedom Day to Jane and Keith!

Thank you.  I felt a sense of freedom when we got married.

Jane

« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2010, 03:21:53 PM »

DR Jane i think a few people did not pick up their copies of the GIRL WHO KICKED THE HORNET'S NEST. So i may have moved up a few places. I will see tomorrow when i get my printout.

I hope you get it soon.  The only numbers changing at my library is the number of holds, up to 124 now.

Jane

« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2010, 03:23:24 PM »

Thank you DRs Jennifer & John G.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2010, 03:26:52 PM »

Happy Happy Joy Joy!!
Happy Happy Joy Joy!!
(a "Ren & Stimpy" reference :D)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2010, 03:29:41 PM »

I hope you get it soon.  The only numbers changing at my library is the number of holds, up to 124 now.

I'm anxious but i'm good. I have 3 other books to read from the library that i've wanted to read.  Plus they have a bunch of movies that have just come in.

Last night I watched AN EDUCATION. Tomorrow i have LOVELY BONES. And then i have to pick up AVATAR and THE YOUNG VICTORIA.

Amy

« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2010, 03:30:16 PM »

I'm surprised by how many of you are listing "Crimes and Misdemeanors" as one of your favorite films. I thought I was the only one who liked Woody's serious movies, as well as his comedies. The 2005 film, "Match Point" seemed to be a remake of the '80s film, but I actually liked "Match Point" better.

Dan, aren't several of the movies on your "least favorite" major academy awards winners?? 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2010, 03:33:37 PM »

T.O.D.

FIELD OF DREAMS
ET
THE DEAD ZONE
DIE HARD
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2010, 03:34:54 PM »

Morning all.

Back to work after the long weekend.

When can I retire???

AFTER ME!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jennifer

« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2010, 03:35:15 PM »

I know i reserved it like 4 months ago and i was number 11. So i'm sure there are lots of people who have reserved it since then.  But my library has 6 copies and it is only for my community of like 40 000 people.

Laura

« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2010, 03:41:11 PM »

The kittens got shots today, and I was informed that the boys are all big enough to be neutered, although Jennifer has to gain another half-pound. They are fixing the boys smaller.

Laura

« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2010, 03:41:44 PM »

I'm sure that last sentence is not grammatically correct, but you know what I mean.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2010, 03:53:59 PM »

Page three, huh?  Why I oughta...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2010, 03:54:34 PM »

However, I do think I shall achieve a new mini-plateau by end of evening.

Jane

« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2010, 03:54:51 PM »

I'm surprised by how many of you are listing "Crimes and Misdemeanors" as one of your favorite films. I thought I was the only one who liked Woody's serious movies, as well as his comedies. The 2005 film, "Match Point" seemed to be a remake of the '80s film, but I actually liked "Match Point" better.

I remember Crimes much better & think it is a better film than Match.  While I agree Crimes is a great movie, I didn't enjoy it.  I suppose it really isn't meant to be enjoyed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up