Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: RAISON D'ETRE  (Read 12951 times)

Cillaliz

Re: RAISON D'ETRE
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2010, 06:47:54 PM »

We did fine.  The girls stayed right next to me, which I'm glad about. We didn't have to go to the basement but I want to be able to find them if we need to in the future

Cillaliz

« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2010, 06:48:38 PM »

I'm watching Afghan Star.  Reading subtitles while I work on the computer. It's an interesting documentary.

Cillaliz

« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2010, 06:50:23 PM »

One of the contestants got death threats because not only did she show her hair, she danced...well moved back and forth.

Cillaliz

« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2010, 06:53:50 PM »

You can't find a block in town that doesn't have trees or limbs down.  There are piles of trees and limbs everywhere.  Of course you have to get rid of them yourself.  Luckily mine were small enough to break down and put out for regular pickup

Cillaliz

« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2010, 06:54:17 PM »

TOD: I've been listening to IN THE HEIGHTS for 2 days. I want to see it again

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2010, 06:54:41 PM »

You can't find a block in town that doesn't have trees or limbs down.  There are piles of trees and limbs everywhere.  Of course you have to get rid of them yourself.  Luckily mine were small enough to break down and put out for regular pickup

Thats good news.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2010, 06:54:49 PM »

Page 5 - at least for the moment it's all about me!   

Cillaliz

« Reply #127 on: June 11, 2010, 06:55:20 PM »

Thanks George, and thanks for breaking up all the cilla posts with a george post!

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: June 11, 2010, 06:56:18 PM »

A friend gave me a bunch of cherry tomato plants.  I now have 7 planted.  If they all grow and produce I will have cherry tomatoes out the wazoo

Cillaliz

« Reply #129 on: June 11, 2010, 06:57:33 PM »

I can't believe I'm just planting things.   Think I'll see if any of the stores still have any vegetable plants.  I did till up the rest of the garden space, so I have room to plant.  I'll have to see what's out there.  I could probably plant some beans, they grow pretty fast

Cillaliz

« Reply #130 on: June 11, 2010, 06:57:50 PM »

Time to get off the computer for awhile

Ginny

« Reply #131 on: June 11, 2010, 07:01:53 PM »

I am packing for my little trip to Illinois, watching the Big Ten Network news about Nebraska joining the conference, and waiting for Mary Linda to arrive.  She should be here in a couple of hours.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #132 on: June 11, 2010, 07:03:21 PM »

We did fine.  The girls stayed right next to me, which I'm glad about. We didn't have to go to the basement but I want to be able to find them if we need to in the future

It's nice when they don't hide under the bed or someplace difficult to reach them.   

Jennifer

« Reply #133 on: June 11, 2010, 07:08:44 PM »

DR Jane, 100 pages down, 450 pages to go!

:)  Read slowly ;)

Is it common for people in Canada to take their shoes off before entering a home?  More & more people are asking for a preference, or taking their shoes off if they are dirty.

I can't read slowly. I have 3 other books here that I really want to read. And 2 more at the library waiting. Although for some i have 6 weeks. I've given myself till tuesday to finish.

Yes it is common for people to take off their shoes.  I would never go into someone else's house and track my dirty shoes all over their house.

Jennifer

« Reply #134 on: June 11, 2010, 07:11:10 PM »

GLEE SPOILER

Possible "Glee" Spoilage for anyone who hasn't seen the episode:

DR Cillaliz:  Regarding my comments yesterday about "Glee", I respectfully disagree with the notion that I revealed anything regarding plot. 

I reacted to the show and  the performance of "New Directions".  Nothing more.   

My comment was not at all black-and-white in context for anyone who hadn't watched the show.  As "New Directions" is the "star" of "Glee" in terms of subject matter, and as the season was pointing toward a regionals victory, and because so much was at stake, I said I didn't think they deserved to win...based on the performance they gave.  I didn't say they didn't win, and I didn't say anyone else won.  Only someone who had seen the show could have associated my comment with what actually happened.

End Possible Spoilage

Hmmm, I didn't see the show & from reading your post I figured they had won & didn't deserve to.  No need to say if my comment means you needed a spoiler or not, personally I felt it did.  In this case it didn't matter.  After reading your comments, and the fact Keith is beyond tired with the show, I'm taking it off of our DVR.

I think it needed the word spoiler. Although the word glee came way before the spoiler stuff. So it would have been easy to stop reading right away.  Since i saw the episode in question i thought it was a spoiler. But obviously in completely the opposite way of anyone who hadn't watched.

Jennifer

« Reply #135 on: June 11, 2010, 07:12:44 PM »

Is it common for people in Canada to take their shoes off before entering a home?  More & more people are asking for a preference, or taking their shoes off if they are dirty.

When I move to Canada, I guess I won't be doing any socializing; because there is no way I am taking off my shoes to enter someone's home.

Well you can enter the house.  You just have to take off your shoes once you get inside the door.

td

• td
« Reply #136 on: June 11, 2010, 07:39:26 PM »

A propos the TOD, I'm going to finish watching Carol Reed's TRAPEZE (on the dvr) with Tony  Curtis and Burt Lancaster and a very homoerotic subtext.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #137 on: June 11, 2010, 07:48:48 PM »

I can't read slowly. I have 3 other books here that I really want to read. And 2 more at the library waiting. Although for some i have 6 weeks. I've given myself till tuesday to finish.

Yes it is common for people to take off their shoes.  I would never go into someone else's house and track my dirty shoes all over their house.

Tuesday isn't too fast.

I'll try to remember that about shoes if I ever visit anyone in Canada :)

FJL

« Reply #138 on: June 11, 2010, 07:52:44 PM »

Thanks, JohnG.

FJL

« Reply #139 on: June 11, 2010, 07:53:03 PM »

Thanks, Ben.

Ginny

« Reply #140 on: June 11, 2010, 08:01:20 PM »

DR FJL - Congratulations on your appearance in the NY Times!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: June 11, 2010, 08:05:47 PM »

I just finished watching THE PRIVATE LIFE OF HENRY VIII, which I'd never seen. Charles Laughton is really amazing and I loved Elsa Lanchester as Anne of Cleves. Binnie Barnes as Catherine Howard looked far too old for the teenage idiot, but merle Oberon was a beautifu Anne Boleyn.

Time for bed.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #142 on: June 11, 2010, 08:23:42 PM »

Not sure I'm gonna be able to stay awake for Mary Linda's arrival...

'night!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #143 on: June 11, 2010, 08:23:46 PM »

I just read THIS article about this guy who's walking across the country for no other reason than just because.  There's a video clip of an interview with him. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: June 11, 2010, 08:24:55 PM »

Finished listening to the remix and will be talking to the engineer in a couple of hours to do some tiny little fixes.  Otherwise it sounds really good.  I did a little A/B with the original LP mix - the instrument placement is a bit different to ours, so that's fun to have switched it up a bit.  One thing they did that was a little weird was put the strings on the right - we have them on the left where strings usually are.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: June 11, 2010, 08:27:32 PM »

I got a little missive in the mail today that could cause Kritzerland a good deal of trouble - all thanks to that pathetic individual who lives to cause harm to other labels than his own.  I have to have a conversation with someone on Monday and that will tell me how it will play out - I'm sure it will be fine, but boy is it annoying, and boy could it cause harm depending on which way it all goes - harm being monetary harm.  We'll survive but this cretin needs to burn in hell for stirring up trouble - unnecessary trouble. 

Laura

« Reply #146 on: June 11, 2010, 08:27:44 PM »

Tommy hasn't bounced back as quickly as the others. I am glad to see he is finally eating. I think he'll be ok by morning.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Cillaliz

« Reply #147 on: June 11, 2010, 08:40:56 PM »

It's nice when they don't hide under the bed or someplace difficult to reach them.  

Exactly!  I give them treats to get them to stay with me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #148 on: June 11, 2010, 08:42:34 PM »

Congrats on the Times, FJL!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #149 on: June 11, 2010, 09:23:12 PM »

I thought it was Chow
i once listened to a book on CD in which the reader pronounced ciao as "kai-oo" throughout. I didn't know what he was saying for the first couple of CDs.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up