Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: NATURE TAKING ITS COURSE  (Read 82392 times)

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
Re:NATURE TAKING ITS COURSE
« Reply #180 on: April 27, 2004, 07:25:12 PM »

BK, Where Sidewalk Ends...terrific film!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #181 on: April 27, 2004, 08:14:12 PM »

Who's the exec?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #182 on: April 27, 2004, 08:19:39 PM »

Countdown to 40,000 posts

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: April 27, 2004, 08:20:03 PM »

Ooh, and I just noticed that with a mere two more posts...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: April 27, 2004, 08:20:21 PM »

I will have crossed the 3800 mark.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #185 on: April 27, 2004, 08:45:00 PM »

Good evening!

What is up with this crazy east coast weather lately?  Some parts of the DC area are under frost warnings for tonight!?!?!?!  What day does the calendar says it is?!?!?

-And, trust me, getting off the subway tonight and breathing in that cold air was not the most pleasant thing in the world for my throat in it's current condition.

Ah, well...

Well, I had an early start today, and I can tell my body is already in shut down mode...

Goodnight.

*Oh, we did have a good show tonight.  Jed - how was tech? ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #186 on: April 27, 2004, 08:46:44 PM »

The new and improved version of The Bride of Frankenstein is much, much better than the old deeveedee.  It's not perfect, mind you, but a definite improvment.  

Ah, the news that I was waiting to hear!

AND I spelled "that" correctly, too!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #187 on: April 27, 2004, 08:55:17 PM »

He was up in the attic and he also stuck his nose in the air vent in the room and he can't smell it there - but that was my first guess.  I'd have to have them send out a whole new guy, though, because this guy can't find it and he's supposed to be their expert.
Am I the only one who thought "He" was referring to the rodent at first?
I worked with Ebersole on the Sherman Brothers album.  I liked her very much, but they did her no favors when they mixed it and left off half the orchestra as well as using one full take rather than comping her vocal.
Damn, that's bad.  Because she is good!  One of the songs she performed Monday night may have had a minimum of rehearsal, but she had the sheet music in front of her and she said it was the first time she'd sung it.  It was a song from The G-String Murders, and while Christine may have been taking liberties with the music, she really sold the number.  Wish your experience had turned out better for the both of you.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #188 on: April 27, 2004, 08:55:38 PM »

I smell a Dead Rodent.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #189 on: April 27, 2004, 09:12:17 PM »

AMERICAN IDOL:

Nope, Latin music was not the style suited to any of these six. I didn't think anyone blew it out of the water, but Diana did a wonderful job with her song with the truest vocal of the night. Fantasia and LaToya also moved and sang with aplomb. (LaToya had some exceptionally good high notes on her song). George was better than last week but still not suited to anything other than soul ballads and rhythm and blues. Jasmine began well but began dfiting flat the more she sang, and her high head notes at the end were not comparable to her more powerful chest tones.

Poor John Stevens is just a hopeless case. He looks MISERABLE up there, and it would be so humane if he'd get voted off.

As for busy signals, Diana's line was busy the entire night. I didn't get a single vote through to her. George's was busy about half the time I called. LaToya's wasn't busy for long either. Jasmine's wasn't ever busy (but obviously the West Coast is her domain), and neither was John's.

On the basis of busy signals, I'd put Jasmine, John, and George in the bottom three. That's pretty much how I think they sang tonight, too.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Tomovoz

« Reply #190 on: April 27, 2004, 09:13:36 PM »

Is there a connection between Michael Eisner and the Dead Rodent?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #191 on: April 27, 2004, 09:28:17 PM »

I think "theme nights" are the suckiest on "American Idol".

Singing "The Best of Gloria Estefan" wasn't up there with the all-time brightest of ideas, even for Fox.

This is not music MOST singers take to, professionals very much included.

Simon's idiotic comments about the contestants sounding like "amateurs" was icing on the cake.  They ARE amateurs, Simon.  They ARE!  What the hell did he think the show was about?  

There wasn't much to LaToya's song...a verse repeated over and over and over and over...b-o-r-i-n-g!

Diana was the best of the night, bar none, I thought, even though she started way off pitch.  No doubt because the first two words out of her mouth were a drawled, "Come on"  -- pronounced "Come OWN" -- threw her right off pitch and it took a while to get it right.

And where has Simon been, really?  Tonight he tells Fantasia she sings like Donald Duck on helium?  SHE HAS ALWAYS SUNG LIKE DONALD DUCK ON HELIUM.  It's part of her charm.  :D

Honestly, this must have been a grace night for Simon where he got to be totally inane without censure.

When he responded to Ryan's question what he meant about "amateurish" (his cogent comment re: John Stevens), Simon sassed, "Like your hosting skills."

I yelled at the screen:  "Oh!  I know!  Like your performance as a human being!"   ::)

I had all kinds of trouble tonight getting through on the voting lines tonight.  Worse than ever before.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2004, 09:33:10 PM by RLP »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #192 on: April 27, 2004, 09:35:07 PM »

BK, maybe you just need me to come down there.  Reflecting back on recent years, I can honestly say, that when it comes to finding a rat, nobody does it like me (a SEESAW reference).
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #193 on: April 27, 2004, 10:18:17 PM »

Shutting off the ol' computer for the night. I feel xxx (rhymes with "pretty").
BTW - couldn't access HHW through AOL. Had to go through IE.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #194 on: April 27, 2004, 10:20:01 PM »

Man, I hope I can sleep through this tonight.  We shall see.  I do have a sofa bed in the book room, but it's not very comfy, and I do have a nice couch (on which I sit like so much fish) in the den.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #195 on: April 27, 2004, 10:30:23 PM »

I will be picking up my Universal Monster Legacy DVD set at Best Buy tonight after I get off of work.

I had sworn that I wasn't going to buy another DVD until I caught up on all the DVDs in my unviewed pile.  But then I stop at Target tonight and not only do I pick up Big Fish, but all three of the Universal Monster sets as well.  Aw, what the hell--how could I resist?  I LOVE these movies!  And I will make Wednesday nights Shock Theatre nights!  I will put my Aurora monster models out on display and watch these movies with the lights out!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #196 on: April 27, 2004, 10:34:22 PM »

Man, I hope I can sleep through this tonight.  We shall see.  I do have a sofa bed in the book room, but it's not very comfy, and I do have a nice couch (on which I sit like so much fish) in the den.

Maybe you can pick up a cheap window fan and draw the smell out?

There's a screenplay in all of this, ya know.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #197 on: April 27, 2004, 11:33:51 PM »

There's also a screenplay in why we have been deserted like rats on a sinking ship.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #198 on: April 27, 2004, 11:39:18 PM »

There's also a screenplay in why we have been deserted like rats on a sinking ship.

Or should we say rats on a stinking ship :)  I'm sorry you have to deal with the dead mouse problem...it sounds like a lousy situation.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: April 27, 2004, 11:59:42 PM »

I cannot believe that we have this kind of incredible posting day and then we are inches from 200 posts and everyone suddenly becomes a WUSSBURGER.  Well, I'm not standing for it.  I'm sitting for it and I shall bitch-slap each and every one of you WUSSBURGERS from here to eternity and hell and back.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: April 28, 2004, 12:00:08 AM »

And one for Mahler.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up