Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: I WANT  (Read 35943 times)

Cillaliz

Re: I WANT
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2010, 11:09:17 AM »

Not sure if I'll watch the Tonys tonght or not. I haven't seen any shows in New York and there aren't any I'm really following (other than cheering for Finian)  I may watch my Next Food Network Star and Design Star and check in on the Tonys from time to time

Cillaliz

« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2010, 11:09:28 AM »

Hi page 3, nice to see you

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2010, 11:17:57 AM »

Con Ed - with an emphasis on the former.

BK, I found your Broadwayworld.com comments about blogs and reviewers quite interesting. we have on the  Rccording List a "reviewer" who knows nothing about anything and seems to write his reviews on what he learns from asking questions to posters on the List. Oy!

I don't remember the thread, but I'm just so bored of these know-nothings who pass themselves off as "reviewers" on a blog.  But that's the world we live in.  These people have no knowledge, so they use Google and Wikipedia and things they've heard others say, and then pass it off as informed opinion. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2010, 11:19:17 AM »

I'm going to go deliver a big box o' CDs to the local dealer, after which, I shall return.

I must say, the between the cast recording list (I let them announce Promises early, as I've done for other show releases) and here, I've had more pre-pre orders than for any other title.  I only hope it continues that trend when the official announcement goes out.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2010, 11:23:20 AM »

I took my cans back to the redemption center this morning.  I had so many the refund covered the cost of my breakfast. 

Nice! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2010, 11:26:58 AM »

I shall be turning of the computer for awhile or longer to change over desks, etc.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2010, 11:34:31 AM »

I'm going to go deliver a big box o' CDs to the local dealer, after which, I shall return.

I must say, the between the cast recording list (I let them announce Promises early, as I've done for other show releases) and here, I've had more pre-pre orders than for any other title.  I only hope it continues that trend when the official announcement goes out.

That might bode good for a show you've been waffling about acquiring from the WB!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2010, 11:36:00 AM »

That might bode good for a show you've been waffling about acquiring from the WB!

Ooo...I wonder what it could be!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2010, 11:38:10 AM »

Well, I must be off.  I'm meeting my friend Margo for lunch and then tonight...the Tonys! ;D

Have a good day, all!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2010, 11:53:25 AM »

Matthew, re: your post yesterday.  Jason is a really nice guy, but he does not suffer bootlegs kindly.  He used to lambast people on RATM for sharing all the private recordings he would send to friends. 
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2010, 11:54:15 AM »

In fact I have it on good authority from someone who may or may not have starred in a Jason musical that Jason even lambasted his close personal friends for evidently sharing said material without his permission.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2010, 11:57:13 AM »

After he leaves we will have breakfast.

And you will have fewer vermin to snack on the crumbs!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2010, 12:04:23 PM »

Will I be 75 years old and still getting up at 6:00AM???

Well, that depends on the condition of your bladder and your other daily sleep habits.

Now that I am not schedule-driven I often take naps and can easily awaken early if there is a need.

der Brucer

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2010, 12:09:40 PM »

Morning  ;D, afternoon  :), evening  ;).
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

DERBRUCER

« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2010, 12:11:04 PM »

Not sure if I'll watch the Tonys tonght or not. I haven't seen any shows in New York and there aren't any I'm really following (other than cheering for Finian)  I may watch my Next Food Network Star and Design Star and check in on the Tonys from time to time

Those of us blessed with Cable DVRs can do both!

der Brucer

Sam

« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2010, 12:12:00 PM »

I want a lot of things.  None of them material.  Inner peace is at the top of this list.  
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2010, 12:13:04 PM »

Fast.   ;D

DERBRUCER

« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2010, 12:18:18 PM »

I wanted to print out a ballot for tonight's festivities - such a chore:

Unhook the printer from the old computer - attach to new lap top.
Hunt high and low for the original printer installation CD so I could instal it.

Of course while I was at it I had to intall all the support software so the scanner feature would work.

The deed is done and the ballot printed.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2010, 12:23:49 PM »

I want a lot of things.  None of them material.  Inner peace is at the top of this list.  

The fastest road to Inner Peace is paved with chocolate!

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2010, 12:35:44 PM »

Back from delivering a big box o' CDs.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2010, 12:42:46 PM »

More in the helper saga:

As I wrote, she e-mailed me on Thursday, apologizing, saying she had food poisoning, and reiterating she wanted to do whatever I needed and was a friend - but that she understood if I needed to find someone new and that if I did she'd return the box of invoices she has.  I wrote her back immediately saying I understood and that I'd rather keep her than train someone new so to just call me and talk to me about it.  In a subsequent e-mail I also told her about the Kritzerland at the Gardenia thing, because she was really interested in being part of that.

Not a peep since those e-mails.  NOT A PEEP.  Not a text, not an e-mail, and certainly not a telephonic call.  So, I e-mailed her yesterday saying I was frankly baffled by the silence but that one way or another I had to hear from her and get the box o' invoices back.  Nothing.  No response.  But - she's posting regular updates on Facebook, so I know she's fine and doing her little show at a nearby theater.  So, when I got home last night I'd had it - I left her a message saying that if I didn't hear from her that I would simply show up at the theater today and we'd be having a conversation about all this and that I wanted my invoices back.  Nothing.  No response.  Not a peep.  I just left her another message giving her the options of whether I show up before or after the show, or whether she'd just like to drop the box off here.  Obviously I have had no response to that message either.  So, I guess I'm going to have to go down to her theater and deal with this there, which I would much rather not do, but if I don't do it today then the next time she's at the theater is next Friday and I want my stuff back before then.

This girl is really screwy - forget the stupid helper job - this is so not what to do to someone who does a lot of work in musical theater and who can help one's career. 

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2010, 12:55:02 PM »

PEEP!
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2010, 12:55:35 PM »

Sorry, couldn't resist.

;D
You can dream…or you can do.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2010, 01:04:20 PM »

Cillaliz

« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2010, 01:15:57 PM »

Those of us blessed with Cable DVRs can do both!

der Brucer

except there are 3 things I want to watch.  I can do two with my DVR but not three

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2010, 01:19:05 PM »

In fact I have it on good authority from someone who may or may not have starred in a Jason musical that Jason even lambasted his close personal friends for evidently sharing said material without his permission.  :)

I feel the same way. My giving someone a private recording, piece of music, whatever, does not give them the right to pass it along if I ask them not to.

Several years ago a private recording I gave a close friend was then given to the author of a forthcoming book on Kern, who wrote about it, and I found mtself in serious trouble over the whole thing.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 01:23:11 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

KevinH

« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2010, 01:23:02 PM »

Happy Tony Day!

Speaking of waking up early, I've been awake since 4 a.m.  Ugh!

Took my laundry down and found that both machines were in use.

I think I'll take a nap....

DERBRUCER

« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2010, 01:24:05 PM »

except there are 3 things I want to watch.  I can do two with my DVR but not three

But only two are one at once:

Tony's 8-11
NFNS 9-10; Design Star 10-11

der Brucer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2010, 01:25:10 PM »

I've neem listening to Maria Callas sing TOSCA this afternoon. What a pity there is no video documentation of her complete performance.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2010, 01:32:22 PM »

In years past, it was difficult to keep up with the HHW Tony's party since our computer was not in sight of a TV.

Now with the laptop, perhaps I'll take it into the bedroom where I can watch and post (and annoy Woody).

Time to experiment.

der Brucer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24   Go Up