Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HEARTBREAK OF PSORIASIS  (Read 22249 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THE HEARTBREAK OF PSORIASIS
« Reply #120 on: June 16, 2010, 05:09:15 PM »

Before you patronize PetSmart, watch this video...if you can:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOsXfetMfjM

I watched enough.  We have a PetSmart here.  I'll call & ask if they sell birds, etc. :(
With my squirmy cockatoo J.B. running around my chest and shoulders as I type this, I know I shouldn't watch that video.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2010, 05:09:31 PM »

Page Five Birdie Dance!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2010, 05:10:05 PM »

Bob's Drive Inn also makes their own root beer.  It's in the Ice Cream Capitol of the world and this week is Ice Cream Days...I may have to make the trip to Le Mars!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2010, 05:10:06 PM »

A loosemeat sandwich is...ground beef crumbled with onion on a bum.  Loose meat
[/quote]

Did he wear a bib while eating that!

Cillaliz

« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2010, 05:12:02 PM »

No, bibs necessary they are very good, though. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2010, 05:13:18 PM »

[/quote]

LOL, didn't notice my typo until I saw your quote....it's on a bun...not a bum, lol

Cillaliz

« Reply #126 on: June 16, 2010, 05:14:47 PM »

And at Bob's you can get a tavern and a shake for $5 total.   Another reason he likes it

John G.

« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2010, 05:32:59 PM »

Does Bob's deliver?
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: June 16, 2010, 05:33:22 PM »

I've had several complaints in the last few days about my telephonic device sounding like I was underwater, like Finding Nemo.  After another complaint today, I determined it was time to replace said telephonic devices (I've had them for close to five years now) - there's new technology anyway, 6.0 instead of 5.8, and no more little antenna things sticking out of the phone.  I bought a Uniden set (the only one they had without an answering machine), one base and two handsets.  I did a test call and everything sounded good to the recipient of the call.  So, the phones are charging.  The guy actually sold me the base unit and an extra handset.  But when I opened the box with the base unit, it came with two handsets, which is all I need, so back goes the other one and I get a credit of thirty bucks.

Michael

« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2010, 05:37:59 PM »

Read Chapter 8 from REWIND to perhaps solve the problem  :-)
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

« Reply #130 on: June 16, 2010, 05:43:45 PM »

LOL, didn't notice my typo until I saw your quote....it's on a bun...not a bum, lol
[/quote]

I didn't notice it.  At first I thought I had commented twice-what a relief it wasn't me. :)

Jane

« Reply #131 on: June 16, 2010, 05:45:23 PM »

The guy actually sold me the base unit and an extra handset.  But when I opened the box with the base unit, it came with two handsets, which is all I need, so back goes the other one and I get a credit of thirty bucks.

Odd he didn't know that since they usually come with at least one extra phone besides the base.

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: June 16, 2010, 05:46:49 PM »

Time for ice cream....laters

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: June 16, 2010, 05:48:09 PM »

Mom and Dad went to the amusement park where he got a tavern sandwich (a loosemeat sandwich) and a nutty bar.  Two of his favorite things.  My brother and his family were around all day putting the sailboat in the lake and tonight they are going out for dinner.  He's having a lovely day.  I'm going up on Father's Day

What is a loosemeat sandwich?

I doubt it's what you're hoping it is!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2010, 06:07:32 PM »

I shop at Petco here. The people who work there are definitely pet lovers and I never see any sick animals or dirty cages.  They have 3 cats from the humane society all the time.  Our humane society isn't a no kill shelter. Petco is.  They will keep the cats until they are adopted. Sometimes it's a day sometimes weeks, but the cats all find homes.

I shop at at a Petco in L.A. I like.  We don't have one here.

I only shop at Petsmart.  I don't care for Petco.  In my opinion, they are kind of the 7-11 of pet stores.  I have never seen a sick animal or a dirty cage at Petsmart.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #135 on: June 16, 2010, 06:08:11 PM »

...Best Friends ...

And speaking of them, they senty me an Email and asked if I'd be willing to do a home-check for a possible adoption (I guess they use their donor base to search for volunteers in specidic geographic areas.  The requested property is less than 15 minutes away, so I'll be paying a visit on Friday.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #136 on: June 16, 2010, 06:11:32 PM »

Mom and Dad went to the amusement park where he got a tavern sandwich (a loosemeat sandwich) and a nutty bar.  Two of his favorite things.  My brother and his family were around all day putting the sailboat in the lake and tonight they are going out for dinner.  He's having a lovely day.  I'm going up on Father's Day

What is a loosemeat sandwich?

I doubt it's what you're hoping it is!

I believe that "Get your loosemeat here" is the sign on your apartment door, not mine!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #137 on: June 16, 2010, 06:14:53 PM »

...Best Friends ...

And speaking of them, they senty me an Email and asked if I'd be willing to do a home-check for a possible adoption (I guess they use their donor base to search for volunteers in specidic geographic areas.  The requested property is less than 15 minutes away, so I'll be paying a visit on Friday.

der Brucer

Interesting.  I think that is great!!  Did the people pass a phone conversation first & submit all the paperwork?

Jane

« Reply #138 on: June 16, 2010, 06:18:14 PM »

I shop at Petco here. The people who work there are definitely pet lovers and I never see any sick animals or dirty cages.  They have 3 cats from the humane society all the time.  Our humane society isn't a no kill shelter. Petco is.  They will keep the cats until they are adopted. Sometimes it's a day sometimes weeks, but the cats all find homes.

I only shop at Petsmart.  I don't care for Petco.  In my opinion, they are kind of the 7-11 of pet stores.  I have never seen a sick animal or a dirty cage at Petsmart.

I did a little reading and it is the sick room in the back you should ask to view.  If you do ask please let me know what happened.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #139 on: June 16, 2010, 06:20:46 PM »

I did a little reading and it is the sick room in the back you should ask to view.  If you do ask please let me know what happened.

Well, I am a friend of the manager, so I certainly will ask.
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #140 on: June 16, 2010, 06:21:39 PM »

Honestly, I think it depends on the staff at each individual pet shop.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

DERBRUCER

« Reply #141 on: June 16, 2010, 06:23:50 PM »

...Best Friends ...

der Brucer

Interesting.  I think that is great!!  Did the people pass a phone conversation first & submit all the paperwork?

Yes.

der Brucer

Yes, Dear Jane, I sent you a copy of the EMail and instructions so you can be kept fully informed!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: June 16, 2010, 06:23:59 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2010, 06:30:00 PM »

Well, I am a friend of the manager, so I certainly will ask.

That helps. 

DERBRUCER

« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2010, 06:31:10 PM »

I don't know what the supreme court was thinking when they made Crush Video's legal.

I think they were deciding that even Satan has right to free speech.

der Brucer

Banning Crush Videos would start a slippery slope;

Next ban hunting videos...

Then ban cooking videos...

Then good-by FoodTV
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 06:34:16 PM by DERBRUCER »

Jane

« Reply #145 on: June 16, 2010, 06:31:23 PM »

Honestly, I think it depends on the staff at each individual pet shop.

I'm sure.  I doubt they are in in control of where the animals come (another question for TCB to ask). 

Jane

« Reply #146 on: June 16, 2010, 06:31:56 PM »

...Best Friends ...

der Brucer

Yes.

der Brucer

Yes, Dear Jane, I sent you a copy of the EMail and instructions so you can be kept fully informed!

I saw it, thank you. :)

Jennifer

« Reply #147 on: June 16, 2010, 06:37:10 PM »

Oh sorry DR Cillaliz. I remember you said that your friend told you to go to the movie. And i thought you said you went. When you see it you can tell me what you think of the ending to the movie. They left out something that i thought was key to the book.

Jennifer

« Reply #148 on: June 16, 2010, 06:38:40 PM »

DR Cillaliz the spoiler is more if you haven't read the book. As the spoiler i listed was what happened in the book. But i guess since it doesn't happen in the movie, it is sort of a movie spoiler too!

Laura

« Reply #149 on: June 16, 2010, 06:39:01 PM »

Jane, out here, the Petsmarts and Petcos open their stores to shelters. That's for dogs and cats. Birds, rodents, and reptiles, I don't know.

I foster for the county pound. Mine will go to a Petco if they don't get adopted from the mobile adoption bus.
"That's a lotta hamsters."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up