Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: GREASE IS THE WORD  (Read 15399 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: GREASE IS THE WORD
« Reply #150 on: June 25, 2010, 06:50:34 PM »

Sorry George.

Thanks, Jane.  It's been weird at work, today.  And a lot of people are gone on Fridays, so there aren't a lot of people to talk to.
Maybe they have a 2nd choice who will turn out to be better than the first pick-VIBES!!

Thanks for the vibes, but no...they don't. :-X
Only one candidate? That's not right.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #151 on: June 25, 2010, 06:51:01 PM »

that took us to six!

Page Six Dance.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #152 on: June 25, 2010, 06:58:35 PM »

Sorry George.

Thanks, Jane.  It's been weird at work, today.  And a lot of people are gone on Fridays, so there aren't a lot of people to talk to.
Maybe they have a 2nd choice who will turn out to be better than the first pick-VIBES!!

Thanks for the vibes, but no...they don't. :-X
Only one candidate? That's not right.

They originally had 18 applicants (from what I'd heard), did seven phone interviews and narrowed that down to four in-person interviews.  The chosen one was head-and-shoulders above the other three candidates.  I can't imagine that they'd just offer it to the second choice...even if that second choice was more than likely the in-house candidate. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #153 on: June 25, 2010, 07:11:06 PM »

And now for something completely different...Bionic British cat gets faux paws! :o

This is not a fake!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #154 on: June 25, 2010, 07:16:46 PM »

I've heard of it for dogs and have never seen it.  Thanks for sharing. :)

John G.

« Reply #155 on: June 25, 2010, 07:18:57 PM »

Well, i hope Kitty has a long life on those new legs.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2010, 07:19:14 PM »

Correction, I'm not sure if I heard about it for cats or dogs.  I know they usually get wheels.

Jane

« Reply #157 on: June 25, 2010, 07:20:12 PM »

'night

John G.

« Reply #158 on: June 25, 2010, 07:20:39 PM »

I'm following suit. Night, all.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #159 on: June 25, 2010, 07:31:26 PM »

Bummer, DR George!  I suspect we'll be seeing a "Search Re-Opened" listing in the library classifieds soon...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #160 on: June 25, 2010, 07:35:02 PM »

Well, folks, the first synod of the newly-established Diocese of Mid-America of the Anglican Province of America is now history and you have a very tired Vicar's wife on board.  The Vicar and his son are also pretty whipped, but it was worth it - everyone seemed to think it was a huge success and they elected one clergy and two laity from our church to the governing committee of the diocese.  Yes, you heard correctly, Fr. Richard has a new responsibility.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #161 on: June 25, 2010, 07:49:34 PM »

Thanks to all for the comments about the stained glass window.  It was dedicated by our Bishop during the concluding service this evening, just as the evening sun was shining through it and casting beautiful patterns onto the altar carpet.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #162 on: June 25, 2010, 08:04:56 PM »

And now for something completely different...Bionic British cat gets faux paws! :o

This is not a fake!

And here's video of Oscar: http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20008933-1.html
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

George

« Reply #163 on: June 25, 2010, 08:54:31 PM »

This is not a fake!

And here's video of Oscar: http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20008933-1.html

I hadn't seen this...thanks for posting the vid, Edi!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #164 on: June 25, 2010, 08:55:02 PM »

THE LAST STATION and everybody in it is brilliant, particularly Mr. Plummer and Helen Mirren.

George

« Reply #165 on: June 25, 2010, 09:02:16 PM »

Bummer, DR George!  I suspect we'll be seeing a "Search Re-Opened" listing in the library classifieds soon...

...or not.  This was already the second attempt at filling the position.  If they re-open anytime soon, they'll essentially get the same people that they'd already decided that they didn't want. :-\
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 09:06:22 PM by George »

Cillaliz

« Reply #166 on: June 25, 2010, 09:32:53 PM »

I had a wonderful time at a friend's party tonight.  When I came home I found out there were really bad storms at the lake where my parents are.  Power lines down etc.  There wasn't a tornado there but really bad straight line winds, although there have been tornadoes between here and there. It's really too late to try to call them.  I'll call in the morning.  Sounds pretty bad, though

Cillaliz

« Reply #167 on: June 25, 2010, 09:34:49 PM »

I am watching the news track a tornado.  It's been on the ground a long time. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #168 on: June 25, 2010, 09:35:06 PM »

It's not coming our direction, so we should be ok

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: June 25, 2010, 10:54:43 PM »

While Jose hasn't said anything, his absence and silence speak volumes.  He could have at least answered someone's e-mail and told them what was going on - that's my opinion on the matter, not that that matters one way or another.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: June 25, 2010, 10:55:04 PM »

Back from a lovelier than lovely dinner in Woodland Hills.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: June 25, 2010, 10:56:18 PM »

When I paid for the Albert Glasser stuff, the seller told me she had lots more - we just made a deal for the rest of it - many cassette tapes, signed letters, music, cue sheets, and best of all, Al's unpublished autobiography, which I'm quite anxious to read.  I may check with his only living relative and see if she'd like to have it published.

George

« Reply #172 on: June 25, 2010, 11:32:21 PM »

When I paid for the Albert Glasser stuff, the seller told me she had lots more - we just made a deal for the rest of it - many cassette tapes, signed letters, music, cue sheets, and best of all, Al's unpublished autobiography, which I'm quite anxious to read.  I may check with his only living relative and see if she'd like to have it published.

That's pretty darned cool, BK!  Congrats on the find!  Did the seller tell you how she ended up with all this...especially his unpublished autobiography?

Cillaliz

« Reply #173 on: June 25, 2010, 11:57:52 PM »

I can't sleep I hate it when that happens
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up