Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE JUNE BUG WHO HAD A HEART ATTACK  (Read 41915 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: THE JUNE BUG WHO HAD A HEART ATTACK
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2010, 09:34:59 AM »

If that property had been in the estate and not foolishly deeded to the three of us, I would have had a realtor the day after my dad's death and I wouldn't be waiting for death and my estate to settle the sale. It won't be in my lifetime.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2010, 09:35:55 AM »

Cranberries!
Page 3
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2010, 09:53:23 AM »

Stitches come out today.

:)

This being Gay Pride month and all, the first thought that came to my mind was "Who is Stitches?"

But congrats and further healing vibes!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2010, 10:04:13 AM »

I'm up after a good night's sleep.  Didn't really fall asleep until two, but still that's eight hours and I'm down with that.

Jennifer

« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2010, 10:20:50 AM »

If that property had been in the estate and not foolishly deeded to the three of us, I would have had a realtor the day after my dad's death and I wouldn't be waiting for death and my estate to settle the sale. It won't be in my lifetime.

Can't you insist that they do something? (hire the realtor)

It seems like you should go there and take charge of things. Or at least convince the one brother you like to do something.  Wouldn't explaining how much you need the money at least convince them to try.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2010, 10:27:47 AM »

Just got word that the taping of the Skip E. Lowe show has been pushed one week.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2010, 10:28:24 AM »

Just got word that Promises will be here Wednesday morning.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2010, 10:38:47 AM »

And the word of the day is: COPROLALIA!

Francis Ford............?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2010, 10:49:09 AM »

Health vibes for DRs Elmore and Druxy, and all in need.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2010, 10:50:23 AM »

They have cut our shift in half, so I went from mega-overtime to four hours a day. Go figure. But I returned home to discover that a resume I sent in online has been seen and they want to talk with me, first over the phone. That's good news, at least.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2010, 10:51:02 AM »

Glad you're getting a St. Joseph, DR Elmore. Hope it works for you.
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2010, 11:00:40 AM »

T.O.D.

Thumbs Up

THE TOWERING INFERNO
INDEPENDENCE DAY
THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW
THE LAST VOYAGE
SAN FRANCISCO

Neutral

POSEIDEN ADVENTURE

Thumbs Down

EARTHQUAKE
THE SWARM
DANTE'S PEAK
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2010, 11:06:26 AM »

I am back from Dr Miller, whom I really like, and the pharmacist. I have a terrible dental abscess, no dental insurance, and a need to sell that damned property so I can pay for the work I need, so keep them real estate vibes coming. Dr Miller has me on antibiotics to fight the abscess and, as soon as my check from the last McGlinnventory arrives, I'm off to the NYU dental clinic. However, selling that property for $700,000+ would certainly alleviate my dental worries, and I know my two jerk brothers, who foolishly don't want to involve a realtor who would take too much money from what is essentially FOUND MONEY, will settle for only more than that.

REAL ESTATE AND DENTAL VIBES FOR DR ELMORE!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There is no pain worse than dental pain.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2010, 11:07:35 AM »

They have cut our shift in half, so I went from mega-overtime to four hours a day. Go figure. But I returned home to discover that a resume I sent in online has been seen and they want to talk with me, first over the phone. That's good news, at least.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Successful Vibes for DR JohnG! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2010, 11:11:04 AM »

Can't you insist that they do something? (hire the realtor)

It seems like you should go there and take charge of things. Or at least convince the one brother you like to do something.  Wouldn't explaining how much you need the money at least convince them to try.

DR Jennifer, I had a realtor talk to Randy. He told him they didn't want to pay a commission. Lady Macbeth drags Macbeth around by the nose, Macbeth drags Randy about by the nose, and I am 500 miles away. The Macbeths don't give a damn about me beyond hurting me, embezzling from me, or pulling one over on me. The Macbeths are ugly shits who already screwed me and Randy over money they owed my dad before he died - and Randy knows it - and still he capitulates to keep peace at work. And I am 500 miles away.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 11:13:33 AM by elmore3003 »

KevinH

« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2010, 11:37:34 AM »

Hello from Dublin!  It's been an exhausting day and a half!  I left home at about 12:30 pm for a 3 pm flight to Raleigh.  My flight to London left at about 6 pm , arrived in London at about 6:30 am.  Took at flight to Dublin at about 10 am, arrived at my hotel at about 1:30pm!   

KevinH

« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2010, 11:39:54 AM »

I know "they" say you should try and stay up all the way through on your first night when travelling to Europe, but I just had to take a nap.  Afterwards I took the "hop-on, hop-off double decker bus tour of Dublin, which last about 90 minutes (if you don't get off the bus).  It's a very interesting place.   The weather is as expected-cool and rainy, though there was a little bit of sun for a while.

KevinH

« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2010, 11:40:56 AM »

Thanks for all the travel vibes!  DR Laura, I never did know much about the carpet thing--it it carpets in hotels that you like to see pictures of?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2010, 11:41:24 AM »

I know "they" say you should try and stay up all the way through on your first night when travelling to Europe, but I just had to take a nap.  Afterwards I took the "hop-on, hop-off double decker bus tour of Dublin, which last about 90 minutes (if you don't get off the bus).  It's a very interesting place.   The weather is as expected-cool and rainy, though there was a little bit of sun for a while.

Is Brent performing in Dublin? I know he and Kim have concerts in the near future.

KevinH

« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2010, 11:43:36 AM »

As for pictures, I don't know how I could do that from here ( I'm not even sure I can do it from home).   To answer DR elmore's question--I'll be here till Thursday, in Birmingham from Thursday till Sunday and in the Edinburgh area till Tuesday night.   Flying back to London and then back home on Wednesday.

KevinH

« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2010, 11:45:36 AM »

Is Brent performing in Dublin? I know he and Kim have concerts in the near future.

Funny you should mention that, DR elmore!  Brent and Kim Criswell are performing with the Birmingham Symphony in Birmingham on Friday and in Cheltenham on Saturday.   They're doing their Rodgers and Hammerstein tribute (they've already done it in Ireland a couple of times).

KevinH

« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2010, 11:46:41 AM »

Real estate and dental vibes to you DR elmore!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2010, 11:53:16 AM »

Funny you should mention that, DR elmore!  Brent and Kim Criswell are performing with the Birmingham Symphony in Birmingham on Friday and in Cheltenham on Saturday.   They're doing their Rodgers and Hammerstein tribute (they've already done it in Ireland a couple of times).

My real name is Sherlock Holmes.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2010, 11:54:14 AM »

Very interesting chatter on the film music board about the monumental (some consider it good monumental, some bad) 6 CD (and one DVD) set of Spartacus, for many THE holy grail of film music.  CD 1 purportedly contains all the existing stereo tracks.  Discs two and three contain the score in mono.  Disc four contains alternate and demo cues.  Discs five and six contain various versions of the love theme, as performed in tribute.  What's not made entirely clear about the latter is that several of those versions have existed for over forty years, including the two Bill Evans' tracks, a Yusef Lateef version, etc.  There are newly recorded versions, too, obviously.  And there's a 168 page book about the score.  As well as a twenty-page booklet about the versions of the love theme, where I hope it is made clear that several of them were not produced for this set.

I will have more to say as soon as I get response to some questions I've asked some experts. 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2010, 11:54:44 AM »

DR MBarnum, are you off to Dallas for the revisical IT'S A BIRD, IT'S A PLANE, IT'S SUPERMAN?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2010, 11:54:51 AM »

I completely forgot I have a meeting at two with our very own Mr. Kevin Spirtas, whom I haven't seen in a 'coon's age.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2010, 11:55:09 AM »

Mr. Pulliam is over at the film music board fighting the good fight.

KevinH

« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2010, 11:58:50 AM »

I think I'll say good night for now (it's almost 8 pm here).  I'll be baaack!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2010, 11:59:27 AM »

Very interesting chatter on the film music board about the monumental (some consider it good monumental, some bad) 6 CD (and one DVD) set of Spartacus, for many THE holy grail of film music.  CD 1 purportedly contains all the existing stereo tracks.  Discs two and three contain the score in mono.  Disc four contains alternate and demo cues.  Discs five and six contain various versions of the love theme, as performed in tribute.  What's not made entirely clear about the latter is that several of those versions have existed for over forty years, including the two Bill Evans' tracks, a Yusef Lateef version, etc.  There are newly recorded versions, too, obviously.  And there's a 168 page book about the score.  As well as a twenty-page booklet about the versions of the love theme, where I hope it is made clear that several of them were not produced for this set.

I will have more to say as soon as I get response to some questions I've asked some experts. 

Is the love theme the one that is played while Laurence Olivier and Tony Curtis are in the bath?
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2010, 12:09:13 PM »

I completely forgot I have a meeting at two with our very own Mr. Kevin Spirtas, whom I haven't seen in a 'coon's age.

Kevin was recently in a Out-Fest show and didn't bother to tell me. I would have gone to see it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up