Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CONTENTED COW  (Read 36617 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE CONTENTED COW
« on: June 29, 2010, 12:24:53 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were contended, and now it is time for you to post until, yes, the contented cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE CONTENTED COW
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 12:25:30 AM »

And the word of the day is: CHARY!

Ben

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 03:43:32 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 04:18:57 AM »

That is enough.

And yes, DR GEORGE.....the FIRST ex Mr Angelina Jolie.....yes....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 04:19:35 AM »

MR BK is just a busy bee these days, which is always good because idle hands ARE the Devil's playthings.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 04:21:15 AM »

I have shared my favorite recipe - well my only recipe - here before, but I shall do so again.

Take one slice of white bread
Add one layer of Hellmann's mayonnaise
Add two slices of Spam
Top with another slice white bread.
Cut into two pieces if desired.
Serve on saucer with potato chips.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 04:27:00 AM »

Well we got the lights all set, but I only did a few cues.....Mr Tim is going to finish them up tomorrow when I bring him my paper, which he already has, but he must have forgotten, so I will give him another copy.

BUT tragedy struck BLITHE SPIRIT last night - yes TRAGEDY.

When Charles first sees his wife Elvira as a ghost, he drops the glass of whiskey he just poured for himself.  Fine and dandy except last night, Charles had poured himself a martini....I specifically purchased HEAVY whiskey glasses so it would survive the fall.....not so the lovely GOLD-RIMMED martini glasses....CRASH!!!!   Broken.....and I just had enough of the martini glasses with gold rims to match the number of martinis he makes....and now I am short one.

It is a tragedy.....but the play will go on....I guess.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 04:28:54 AM »

You may vote for me in the Splendid Marbles Caption Contest this week if you wish.....click and scroll down to the Buzzard Head Cartoon.  Thanks.

http://splendidmarbles.com/2010/06/28/uncategorized/splendid-marbles-cartoon-caption-contest-69/

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 04:48:18 AM »

Well we got the lights all set, but I only did a few cues.....Mr Tim is going to finish them up tomorrow when I bring him my paper, which he already has, but he must have forgotten, so I will give him another copy.

When Charles first sees his wife Elvira as a ghost, he drops the glass of whiskey he just poured for himself.  Fine and dandy except last night, Charles had poured himself a martini....I specifically purchased HEAVY whiskey glasses so it would survive the fall.....not so the lovely GOLD-RIMMED martini glasses....CRASH!!!!   Broken.....and I just had enough of the martini glasses with gold rims to match the number of martinis he makes....and now I am short one.

No. The show MUST go on. Even as things shatter around us.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 04:48:31 AM »

Morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 04:51:31 AM »

I wasn't too thrilled with "Bird Cage," either. But in a world where clips become more famous than the movie in which they're from, I admit I love the scene of Robin Williams doing the choreographers. And they use it practically every time the movie is mentioned.

I think part of the problem was that the moviemakers somehow felt they had to deliver a message to middle America in with all the mayhem. I wonder if that were their original intent or something the studio wanted.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 04:57:25 AM »

For those who are still reading "Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest," let me explain further: I read the last 300 pages in a day, rarely stopping to put the book down and loved most every minute, but I will say I had a few problems, which I won't go into yet because I don't care for all the spoiler alerts. Let's just say, if the author had lived, there might have been a few changes made.

As for the first book, I loved it once I finished it, but I stopped about a third of the way through, took a few months' off and then picked it up again. The beginning was a bit slow going, but I felt the ending more than made up for it.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 05:02:05 AM »

TOD: I could fill up pages with favorite recipes, but I'll limit myself to something I make often, is quite easy and feeds my love of celery. It's an Italian celery salad. Chop up some celery. Grate some Parmesan cheese over the top, to taste. Add EVOO and fresh squeezed lemon juice. Salt, to taste. Stir. Let it set for about 10 minutes. Stir again and serve. 
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 05:04:29 AM »

Good morning, all! I got a nice email from my beloved sister-in-law and chef par excellence JoAnn this morning, and - I've wrongly  been maligning Randy all weekend - she attached an email from Randy notifying one of the developers around the new hospital that the house and garage on the property had been torn down and were they interested in the land. The response was maybe. In the future. Land looks good, though.

So, the waiting game continues.  I wait for the property to move, I wait for checks in the post, I wait for something good to happen.

And while I wait, life does go on: I have to be at Toyland around noon for edits with Mr Skip Kennon at 1. This morning I have some writing on the notes and general tidying up of the apartment. I really want to stay indoors all day, but my self-imposed exile is over.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 05:16:11 AM »

Yes, DR JOHNG - that is true....even though a broken glass is NOT in Irving's song.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 05:16:49 AM »

DR ELMORE is out and about.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 05:26:35 AM »

DR ELMORE is out and about.

and raving! DR JRand59, I am sorry to hear about the martini glass. While I really enjoy socializing with intelligent actors, and they do exist, it's the dumb ones that make your life hell. It's even worse when they're both pretty and dumb.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 05:35:44 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 05:45:17 AM »

LOL.....it's was my fault for putting water in ALL the decanters last night....how was he supposed to know one of them was whiskey when it was clear?

Kerry

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010, 05:49:53 AM »

My recipe for the day:

Put clear water in a decanter.  And pour.  Voila!
I like boat races.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2010, 06:13:36 AM »

TOD:

Garlic Dip

16 oz Philadelphia brand Cream Cheese, room temperature (Neufchatel is okay)
4 bulbs of garlic

Peel garlic and pulverize in a food processor until it's a fine mash.

In a large bowl, whip the cream cheese until light and fluffy. 

Gradually add garlic mash until it is all well blended.

Separate mixture into two serving bowls.  Garnish with parsley flakes.  Cover and chill.

Serve with chips and pretzels.  Have an amusing story handy about how you didn't realize there was a difference between a bulb and a clove.

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2010, 06:16:33 AM »

When Charles first sees his wife Elvira as a ghost, he drops the glass of whiskey he just poured for himself.  Fine and dandy except last night, Charles had poured himself a martini....I specifically purchased HEAVY whiskey glasses so it would survive the fall.....not so the lovely GOLD-RIMMED martini glasses....CRASH!!!!   Broken.....and I just had enough of the martini glasses with gold rims to match the number of martinis he makes....and now I am short one.

Tell that actor there's a sour cream glass with his name on it.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2010, 06:21:04 AM »

I was disappointed with THE BIRD CAGE.  With those particular people behind and in front of the camera, I was expecting something that was sharper and wittier than how it turned out.  But a lot of it is funny.  I especially liked Nathan Lane's "Mother" being made up to look like Barbara Bush.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2010, 06:29:26 AM »

just heard from Mr Skip Kennon and we've decided neither of us wants to play in the heat this afternoon, so we're moving our session to tomorrow when it's supposedly 10 degrees cooler. I am very happy.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2010, 06:30:40 AM »

And the word of the day is: CHARY!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  BE CAREFUL, IT'S MY HEART

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2010, 06:41:03 AM »

THE BIRD CAGE may not be as good as the original LA CAGE, but I don't really think it's "a muddle".
You can dream…or you can do.

Michael

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2010, 06:57:13 AM »

I don't have a favorite recipe as I rarely make the same twice
Never stop dreaming.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2010, 07:23:25 AM »

When Charles first sees his wife Elvira as a ghost, he drops the glass of whiskey he just poured for himself.  Fine and dandy except last night, Charles had poured himself a martini....I specifically purchased HEAVY whiskey glasses so it would survive the fall.....not so the lovely GOLD-RIMMED martini glasses....CRASH!!!!   Broken.....and I just had enough of the martini glasses with gold rims to match the number of martinis he makes....and now I am short one.

The tragedy is having broken glass on stage where an actor might get hurt (or worse, an audience member, if glass flies off the stage), not not having enough glasses.  One can buy cheap glasses anywhere...but, if there is a chance of breaking them, actors shouldn't be deliberately breaking real glasses onstage.  I recently saw a production of TRUE WEST, where an actor took great delight (encouraged by his director) in beating Hell out of a typewriter...with pieces flying all over and off stage.  Lawsuit waiting to happen.  Safety first!

Ginny

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2010, 07:30:41 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  DH Richard is off to the dentist for his semi-annual checkup and I'm gearing up for the day.  We have an appointment at Cincinnati's Apple Store this afternoon to have Richard's laptop examined by the Geniuses.  I'm in the market for a new printer/scanner/copier.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2010, 07:54:38 AM »

BK, re: Margaret's chicken. What do you do with the garlic?  Was it just diced?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2010, 07:58:10 AM »

I'm going for a medical test this afternoon--a cartoid artery screening.  I'm not sure if it's an ultrasound or an echo-thingy or just an x-ray, but it is suppose to take very little time.  Hopefully, I won't have to insert my neck into any strange contraption...
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up