Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: 1000 CDS  (Read 40316 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: 1000 CDS
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2010, 03:46:50 PM »

Really - page three?  Certainly we must be to page four by four?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2010, 03:46:59 PM »

Just in the nick of time.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2010, 03:46:59 PM »

Good morning, all! And a Happy 80th birthday to my Mom!

How wonderful.  My Mom turned 81 this past Sunday!!!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2010, 03:47:08 PM »

Get me off this damn page.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2010, 03:47:18 PM »

Happy Birthday to all mothers.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2010, 03:47:19 PM »

Just in the nick Redman of time.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2010, 03:47:25 PM »

And you know who you are.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2010, 03:51:54 PM »

And there was some interesting carpet, DR Laura.  I took a picture just for you!

You will forevermore be looking at carpets, Kevin. I am so proud to have made a difference in your life.   ;D

I know Keith really appreciated the photos I took of the floors in The Hermitage. ;)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2010, 03:54:17 PM »

Today has been gorgeous here in Oakland.

Jane

« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2010, 03:54:21 PM »

DR Ron, Happy birthday to your mother!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2010, 03:56:03 PM »

Get me off this damn page.

You just got on this damn page.

Sit down.

Have a cup of coffee.

Get to know this page before you get off it.

::)
You can dream…or you can do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2010, 04:05:05 PM »

We in the County of Alameda have been briefed on how the County will respond to the verdict in the Johannes Mehserle trial going on in LA.  This trial is about the shooting in Oakland of a young black man named Oscar Grant by white BART Policeman Mehserle on New Year's Day 2009.  Grant was one of several young men who were, allegedly, causing trouble and harrassing passengers on BART (the Bay Area Rapid Transit system).  BART police interecepted the train at the Fruitvale Station and got the young men off.  They struggled with them and handcuffed them.  Grant was put on the pavement, face down, and officers attempted to cuff him.  Not sure of all the details, but he allegedly wrested one arm free and brought it under his body.  Mehserle, one of the officers handling Grant, pulled his gun and shot him.  Grant died shortly thereafter.  Many passengers waiting on trains took video with their cell phones.   The video shows a routine takedown and officers trying to get the man's hands together.  When Grant wrested his arm away, Mehserle drew his weapon and fired into Grant's back.  Coroner says nothing could have saved Grant afterward.

Prosecution (and much of the Oakland community) thinks Mehserle should be convicted of 1st degree murder.  Even before Grand Jury hearings had been completed last year, crowds thronged in the streets of Oakland on several occasions, and always erupted into violence/destruction when a "few" got ugly.

Oakland and surrounding communities, including San Francisco across the Bay, are preparing to exercise "mob control" in the event that some riot or other breaks out on the day the verdict is handed down.  It should go to the jury tomorrow.  The judge ruled today that insufficient evidence/cause existed to convict him of 1st degree murder.  He ruled they can convict of 2nd degree murder.  Prosecution doesn't want an option for manslaughter, voluntary or involuntary. 

I think that's a mistake.  I don't believe they're going to convict on 2nd degree murder if that's the only charge possible.  I think it's obvious this was a tragic, horrible mistake on the part of the officer.  He has no history of racial prejudice/action, and no video shows him doing anything out of order other than drawing his weapon and firing.  He testified he thought he was drawing his laser as he wanted to stun the guy to keep him from resisting. 

Regardless of the jury's decision, we think ugly things are going to happen in key hotspots here.

We will be "getting out of Dodge" on the day the verdict is reached, so to speak.  The Courts have agreed to notify State/County/City governments two hours before the verdict is read.  We will be told to go home and hunker down.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 04:09:09 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Jane

« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2010, 04:15:53 PM »

Ron has evidence been given as to how he could have mistaken his gun for his laser?

Cillaliz

« Reply #103 on: June 30, 2010, 04:25:30 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO EDI'S MOM~~

Ginny

« Reply #104 on: June 30, 2010, 04:29:57 PM »

Last Friday, the webmaster for the Anglican Province of America put a handheld video camera in the hands of our acolyte, Reid, and here's his narrated tour of the synod.  It also gives you a good feel for the layout of the church where we spend every Sunday.

Introduction to Synod - from a kid's point of view
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #105 on: June 30, 2010, 04:31:22 PM »

I had a nice day today.  The plan was to meet Paul at 9:00 at the water tower to touch up all the past years' murals so they will look good for Saturday in the Park this weekend.  Well....this is Paul time....9:00 turned into 4:00 and then into "can you do this tomorrow?"  So, we're now going to meet at 8:00 AM and work together until noon.  I told him I am leaving at noon and that's not negotiable. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #106 on: June 30, 2010, 04:33:21 PM »

I knew this would happen, so I wasn't at all upset.  I've been to the office a few times, picking up this and that, but I've essentially been on vacation.  Edith worked today and tomorrow morning and then the office is closed until Tuesday.  This is the longest I've taken off in a long long time.  I'm really glad I got things smoothed over with HWHC last night.  I'm moving on, but am not mad.  The best of both worlds

Jane

« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2010, 04:34:59 PM »

Cilla what did you do between nine and four?

Cillaliz

« Reply #108 on: June 30, 2010, 04:35:30 PM »

Ron, sounds like a good move to let you guys get out and go home.  Maybe there won't be any problems, but chances are there will be, no matter what the verdict.  I think i would want to be far away from any government buildings.

Cillaliz

« Reply #109 on: June 30, 2010, 04:43:01 PM »

Oh, I met Paul for coffee at about 8:30 am, I already knew we weren't going to paint in the morning.  Let's see. I spent most of the time looking for one of my historic preservation books that I wanted to read, lol. I finally found it under a cat bed....don't ask....I paid some bills, got some great news on a case so I went to the office for awhile to pass the news on,  went to a new Mexican restaurant for lunch, found out we weren't going to paint in the afternoon..read my book, watched a Top Chef rerun...played with the cats....

Really nothing much..I had a couple other work emails I responded to, but pretty much haven't done anything.   I do need to go to Petco to get stocked up for the next couple days and get ready to go to the lake.

Cillaliz

« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2010, 04:45:30 PM »

Paul was good about telling me way before we would have met that we weren't going to paint.  He's a lot different than he used to be in that sense.  It's pretty funny, when we try to place something time wise it's often, "Oh that must have been when we weren't talking to each other".  It's become a joke between us. It's been nearly a year since we put all that behind us.  I didn't help him last year and he hated what he painted so much he painted over it to do a new mural this year, lol.

Cillaliz

« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2010, 04:51:26 PM »

I'm looking forward to tomorrow afternoon.  I'm going to meet Violet, my grand niece and her mother Becky.  This would be DR jhvw's niece and his....maybe soon to be sister-in-law? Anyway, Violet is 6 months old and I've never seen her, so this will be fun.  I'm only staying till Satuday AM and as usual Callie and Boo with have Sharon here to take care of them.  Then I'll have a 3 day weekend here at home.  Saturday is the 20th anniversary of Saturday in the Park, an all day free concert in our historic outdoor bandshell.  There will be thousands and thousands of people.  The headliners are Carlos Santana and Steve Winwood.  It should be a good time.

Jane

« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2010, 04:54:18 PM »

Last Friday, the webmaster for the Anglican Province of America put a handheld video camera in the hands of our acolyte, Reid, and here's his narrated tour of the synod.  It also gives you a good feel for the layout of the church where we spend every Sunday.

Introduction to Synod - from a kid's point of view

Thanks for the tour. It was an extra pleasant surprise to see you :) 

Jane

« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2010, 04:57:40 PM »

Cilla I'm glad my visions of you left dangling all day were mistaken. :)  Six months is such a cute age.  Have fun!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2010, 04:58:38 PM »

T.O.D.

ASK BK DAY

Will we ever get to buy the DVD with Kevin Spirtas and Sean McDermott?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2010, 04:58:56 PM »

DR Ginny, I love the way Reid knows that flattery will get him everywhere with you... cute!  :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2010, 05:01:11 PM »

Cilla I'm glad my visions of you left dangling all day were mistaken. :)  Six months is such a cute age.  Have fun!

Nah, I know Paul better than that.  I called him before I got dressed this morning and asked if I should just get dressed or put on painting clothes.  and it got hot out, so I was more than happy to not have to go out at 4:00 and stand in the sun and paint

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2010, 05:01:28 PM »

Second preliminary phone interview for a job today. I haven't gone through all these hoops before. But I'm glad I made it to this level and hope to get further.

Job vibes for John G.
Check vibes for elmore

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2010, 05:03:10 PM »

VIBES FOR ALL WHO NEED THEM.....

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: June 30, 2010, 05:05:34 PM »

DR JRand...is your George listening to his iPod in that picture?

I believe that would be his Charles.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up