Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: 1000 CDS  (Read 40326 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: 1000 CDS
« Reply #120 on: June 30, 2010, 05:07:23 PM »

PAGE FIVE!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2010, 05:08:34 PM »

And the word of the day is: YAW!

Wasn't Michelle Lee in YEE YAW?
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: June 30, 2010, 05:10:10 PM »

Second preliminary phone interview for a job today. I haven't gone through all these hoops before. But I'm glad I made it to this level and hope to get further.

Job vibes for John G.
Check vibes for elmore

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It arrived!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2010, 05:11:58 PM »

I took Mom and her other half out for dinner last night. Chef Paul made her a special dessert and she got kisses from the waiters. I told her that her gift would be to take her and her other half to NY for the JEWS AND BASEBALL theatrical premiere, Nov. 4 (I think!). I hope some HHWers will be able to come and meet her since she's heard so much about the group (she's also a big fan of Guy Haines!)

She wants to go the the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, we'll probably catch a show or two, and of course the film. Any other things anyone thinks an 80 year old lady would like, I'm open for suggestions!

Maybe the Naked Cowboy?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2010, 05:20:29 PM »

Good morning, all! And a Happy 80th birthday to my Mom!

How wonderful.  My Mom turned 81 this past Sunday!!!

Belated Birthday Wishes to your mom, Ron.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #125 on: June 30, 2010, 05:22:19 PM »

BK, since a few others are asking about soundtracks today, how about a release of William Bolcom's score for "Illuminata"? I remember seeing the movie and loving the music from it.

What studio made the film?
According to IMDB, it was a company called CDI. Don't know much of anything about it. John Turturro directed. The cast had Susan Sarandon and Christopher Walken in it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #126 on: June 30, 2010, 05:24:05 PM »

Second preliminary phone interview for a job today. I haven't gone through all these hoops before. But I'm glad I made it to this level and hope to get further.

Job vibes for John G.
Check vibes for elmore

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you. Not quite sure how it went. But we'll see in a few days if there's another round of interviews.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: June 30, 2010, 05:25:52 PM »

BK, since a few others are asking about soundtracks today, how about a release of William Bolcom's score for "Illuminata"? I remember seeing the movie and loving the music from it.

According to IMDB, it was a company called CDI. Don't know much of anything about it. John Turturro directed. The cast had Susan Sarandon and Christopher Walken in it.

There was a soundtrack recording. I have it. Bill Bolcom and Joan Morris are friends. I was invited to the recording sessions at the Edison Hotel recording studio. The score is great,
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: June 30, 2010, 05:26:26 PM »

Well, I may need to call tomorrow morning to the Dental Clinic and see if I can get an appintment. Oy.

John G.

« Reply #129 on: June 30, 2010, 05:27:48 PM »

Another website says it's on Artisan. But I don't know if that's the DVD.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: June 30, 2010, 05:36:16 PM »

T.O.D.

ASK BK DAY

Will we ever get to buy the DVD with Kevin Spirtas and Sean McDermott?

Sadly, I don't think so.  What we're investing is releasing the audio on CD.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: June 30, 2010, 05:37:04 PM »

Just did a fun little phone interview with Variety about our Promises release.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: June 30, 2010, 05:46:08 PM »

Another website says it's on Artisan. But I don't know if that's the DVD.

The CD is now O.P. There are used and new copies on amazon.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: June 30, 2010, 05:50:10 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #134 on: June 30, 2010, 06:03:38 PM »

Thanks, DR Elmore, for finding out about the Illuminata album.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #135 on: June 30, 2010, 06:18:55 PM »

tonight's feature: "Zombieland." Fun so far.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #136 on: June 30, 2010, 06:35:41 PM »

Sorry I left so abruptly earlier.  DS Rob was available to install my new printer, so I logged out of everything and let him work in peace.  I'm back in business and can now scan!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #137 on: June 30, 2010, 07:01:33 PM »

The police and an A.D.A. came to re-interview us (and the kids) about the murder of the Public Defender in the old neighborhood.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #138 on: June 30, 2010, 07:06:09 PM »

We in the County of Alameda have been briefed on how the County will respond to the verdict in the Johannes Mehserle trial going on in LA.  This trial is about the shooting in Oakland of a young black man named Oscar Grant by white BART Policeman Mehserle on New Year's Day 2009.  Grant was one of several young men who were, allegedly, causing trouble and harrassing passengers on BART (the Bay Area Rapid Transit system).  BART police interecepted the train at the Fruitvale Station and got the young men off.  They struggled with them and handcuffed them.  Grant was put on the pavement, face down, and officers attempted to cuff him.  Not sure of all the details, but he allegedly wrested one arm free and brought it under his body.  Mehserle, one of the officers handling Grant, pulled his gun and shot him.  Grant died shortly thereafter.  Many passengers waiting on trains took video with their cell phones.   The video shows a routine takedown and officers trying to get the man's hands together.  When Grant wrested his arm away, Mehserle drew his weapon and fired into Grant's back.  Coroner says nothing could have saved Grant afterward.

Prosecution (and much of the Oakland community) thinks Mehserle should be convicted of 1st degree murder.  Even before Grand Jury hearings had been completed last year, crowds thronged in the streets of Oakland on several occasions, and always erupted into violence/destruction when a "few" got ugly.

Oakland and surrounding communities, including San Francisco across the Bay, are preparing to exercise "mob control" in the event that some riot or other breaks out on the day the verdict is handed down.  It should go to the jury tomorrow.  The judge ruled today that insufficient evidence/cause existed to convict him of 1st degree murder.  He ruled they can convict of 2nd degree murder.  Prosecution doesn't want an option for manslaughter, voluntary or involuntary. 

I think that's a mistake.  I don't believe they're going to convict on 2nd degree murder if that's the only charge possible.  I think it's obvious this was a tragic, horrible mistake on the part of the officer.  He has no history of racial prejudice/action, and no video shows him doing anything out of order other than drawing his weapon and firing.  He testified he thought he was drawing his laser as he wanted to stun the guy to keep him from resisting. 

Regardless of the jury's decision, we think ugly things are going to happen in key hotspots here.

We will be "getting out of Dodge" on the day the verdict is reached, so to speak.  The Courts have agreed to notify State/County/City governments two hours before the verdict is read.  We will be told to go home and hunker down.

Sounds like this could be another Rodney King situation.
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #139 on: June 30, 2010, 07:08:33 PM »

Since this is "Ask BK day":

I really love those "What if..." numbers you have posted up on YouTube.

Any chance of doing a CD of those?
You can dream…or you can do.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #140 on: June 30, 2010, 07:10:39 PM »

A friend of mine edited that and he was the one who make the connection for us to ask John Turturro to do the voice of Vanzetti for our film. I loved Illuminata, especially since it features Bill Irwin!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #141 on: June 30, 2010, 07:12:59 PM »

I took Mom and her other half out for dinner last night. Chef Paul made her a special dessert and she got kisses from the waiters. I told her that her gift would be to take her and her other half to NY for the JEWS AND BASEBALL theatrical premiere, Nov. 4 (I think!). I hope some HHWers will be able to come and meet her since she's heard so much about the group (she's also a big fan of Guy Haines!)

She wants to go the the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, we'll probably catch a show or two, and of course the film. Any other things anyone thinks an 80 year old lady would like, I'm open for suggestions!

I don't know if she's up for standing and listening but we think the

Tenement Museum

on the Lower East Side is a wonderful place to visit

and the Museum of Sex!

I'm happy. My invoice payment has arrived. I'm going in for dental torture tomorrow!

I htink she would prefer the Museum of Sex to the Tenement Museum. I love the Tenement Museum but it's not her speed...she likes glitz!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #142 on: June 30, 2010, 07:16:11 PM »

Good morning, all! And a Happy 80th birthday to my Mom!

How wonderful.  My Mom turned 81 this past Sunday!!!

Happy birthday to your mom and thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!

Edisaurus

« Reply #143 on: June 30, 2010, 07:17:00 PM »

Kevin H, if you have a chance to go outside Dublin for a beautiful day in an amazing garden, I highly recommend:
http://www.powerscourt.ie/

Edisaurus

« Reply #144 on: June 30, 2010, 07:22:10 PM »

Maybe the Naked Cowboy?

Oh yes! I hope he's there!

Edisaurus

« Reply #145 on: June 30, 2010, 07:23:32 PM »

tonight's feature: "Zombieland." Fun so far.

They filmed a lot of that near my house in Marietta and several scenes in my friend Mamie's house. They dropped a piano in teh middle of her street, and the whole neighborhood turned out to watch.

Edisaurus

« Reply #146 on: June 30, 2010, 07:25:12 PM »

There was a soundtrack recording. I have it. Bill Bolcom and Joan Morris are friends. I was invited to the recording sessions at the Edison Hotel recording studio. The score is great,

I've always wanted to see that studio. I tried to sneak up there one time when I was staying there but got busted. One day...

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #147 on: June 30, 2010, 07:25:13 PM »

I amso gla dthis month is over - we have been absolutely crazy - yesterday I went in at 6:45 Am and left work at 10:45....today I worked from 7 Am until 730 PM and it felt like a 'short" day....

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #148 on: June 30, 2010, 07:26:46 PM »

Happy80th birthday to Mamasaurus
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom