Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WELCOME TO JULY  (Read 41528 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: WELCOME TO JULY
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2010, 02:15:09 PM »

DR Ginny, congrats on the good news-sorry about the other.

Ditto! :D and ditto. :(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2010, 02:17:07 PM »

Back from morning meeting, which was fine and will result in Kritzerland issuing a CD of a show that won top prize and the Fringe Festival in NY a couple of years ago.

Cool!

BK, is Kritzerland actually doing the recording, or just releasing a CD that the show producers/writers already had?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2010, 02:25:58 PM »

Thanks, DRs Jane and George.  The good news is only marginally good, because I do have to continue taking the blood thinner - probably forever.  And the bad news, I was expecting.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2010, 02:25:59 PM »

The pain today is ungodly! Tylenol and Tyloenol PM are doing very little. Thank God I have a bit of the painkillers from last August's bad stretch. I'd like to pass out for a long period but so far it hasn't happened.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2010, 02:26:33 PM »

In cheerier news, I just put parmesan chicken in the oven for dinner and it's beginning to smell good!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2010, 02:48:49 PM »

Pain, pain, be gone I say, come again no other day.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2010, 02:50:29 PM »

Back from picking up tapes, and looks like there's definitely enough music on the tapes to make a CD, so that's good.  I'll know exactly how much when the tapes are transferred, but just looking at the timings, seems like it will be between thirty-five and forty minutes, probably closer to forty.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2010, 02:50:54 PM »

The lunch meeting was very interesting and I think produced something that could ultimately be quite interesting.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2010, 02:51:21 PM »

I then did a couple of errands and whatnot and got everything shipped, only to come home to more orders, including another book order.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2010, 02:52:13 PM »

Thus far, there has been one VERY positive comment on our new Promises mix (saying it's the version everyone has been waiting for), and I've had one telephonic call raving about the new mix's clarity.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2010, 02:52:37 PM »

It does look like the little Promises interview will be in tomorrow's Variety.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2010, 02:52:46 PM »

Now, get me off this damn page.

Laura

« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2010, 02:53:35 PM »

Awww, Elmore. I hope you can find some relief from the pain. Can you call the dentist's office and see if they will call the pharmacy for a pain killer?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2010, 02:55:02 PM »

The pain today is ungodly! Tylenol and Tyloenol PM are doing very little. Thank God I have a bit of the painkillers from last August's bad stretch. I'd like to pass out for a long period but so far it hasn't happened.

Think "Ouzo", Larry.   "Ouzo!"
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2010, 02:57:14 PM »

There is going to be a song and dance show before the fireworks. I think I am the only person who takes earplugs. But I find the sound so loud.

Actually, one can avoid the loud sound by positioning oneself well back from the actual fireworks!  :D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2010, 03:07:58 PM »

There is going to be a song and dance show before the fireworks. I think I am the only person who takes earplugs. But I find the sound so loud.

Actually, one can avoid the loud sound by positioning oneself well back from the actual fireworks!  :D

True, however if you position yourself far enough away from the music you can't see the dancers ;)

Jane

« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2010, 03:10:38 PM »

DR elmore I hope you are getting some relief from the leftover pain meds.
PAIN BE DRASTICALLY REDUCED VIBES!!!

George

« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2010, 03:11:31 PM »

....I got a very surprising call last night that against all odds I won the OTAS Award for MDing THE PRODUCERS.  This is the first thing I have won theatrically since I took home a Best Actor award in high school regional competition for playing Jerry in ZOO STORY.  As you may imagine, that was well over a year ago, so it's nice to be recognized again.  ;)

Congrats on the recognition, JMK!

George

« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2010, 03:12:31 PM »

Last night was the 3rd episode of HOT IN CLEAVLAND.  We were extremely disappointed.  IMHO the scripts should be improving each week, not going downhill.  It was fun seeing Carl Reiner.  I hope he will make more guest appearances.

If the scripts keep going downhill, he may not be able to. ::)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2010, 03:18:41 PM »

Awww, Elmore. I hope you can find some relief from the pain. Can you call the dentist's office and see if they will call the pharmacy for a pain killer?

DR Laura, the Hydrocodone has kicked in and I feel no pain at all! I'm thinking about tomato soup for dinner, in fact. Later, I'll have some Haagen Daz Vanila Bean ice cream before I shut down the apartment tonight. Tomorrow, I'm sleeping in as late as I want and spending the day in bed pretending I'm ten again and home with a cold. I've started reading Henry Fielding's TOM JONES, and I plan on having  a couple of self-indulgent days,
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2010, 03:19:16 PM »

Thus far, there has been one VERY positive comment on our new Promises mix (saying it's the version everyone has been waiting for), and I've had one telephonic call raving about the new mix's clarity.

Where is it posted, BK?

Jane

« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2010, 03:22:34 PM »

DR Laura, the Hydrocodone has kicked in and I feel no pain at all! I'm thinking about tomato soup for dinner, in fact. Later, I'll have some Haagen Daz Vanila Bean ice cream before I shut down the apartment tonight. Tomorrow, I'm sleeping in as late as I want and spending the day in bed pretending I'm ten again and home with a cold. I've started reading Henry Fielding's TOM JONES, and I plan on having  a couple of self-indulgent days,

:D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: July 01, 2010, 03:24:08 PM »

Where is it posted, BK?

Here:  http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?page=3&thread=1017615&boardid=0

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: July 01, 2010, 03:24:25 PM »

I gotta tell you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: July 01, 2010, 03:24:34 PM »

Anyone else get theirs?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: July 01, 2010, 03:25:09 PM »

I listened to CD 2 in the car and I was very, very pleased.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #116 on: July 01, 2010, 03:38:38 PM »

I won't know until later this afternoon when I get home whether or not something from Kritzerland landed for me or not.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: July 01, 2010, 03:39:03 PM »

Where is it posted, BK?

Here:  http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?page=3&thread=1017615&boardid=0

I had fun reading the thread. Thanks for the nice plug. I am very proud of that track. I'm even prouder to hear that it's in the new production. I blame you for that, BK!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 03:44:03 PM by elmore3003 »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: July 01, 2010, 04:00:43 PM »

Quote from Jrand59
Rehearsal went very well tonight....best we've had .... all the mechanicals for the final moments with the set going to pieces should be in place tomorrow, I am told....time will tell.

I thought the mechanicals were in A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2010, 04:03:00 PM »

Quote from Jrand59
Rehearsal went very well tonight....best we've had .... all the mechanicals for the final moments with the set going to pieces should be in place tomorrow, I am told....time will tell.

I thought the mechanicals were in A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM

And I thought DR MBarnum was still trying to lure them into his garage.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up