Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WELCOME TO JULY  (Read 41449 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: WELCOME TO JULY
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2010, 08:27:38 AM »

My desk calendar from the Dollar Tree says that it is June 31.

;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2010, 08:31:51 AM »

It certainly feels like Friday.

It does, indeed!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2010, 08:33:22 AM »

This has been a longish week despite my having taken Monday off.

Why is that?   Why do my four-day weeks seem so protracted?

And why does today feel like Friday?

And what's this subcutaneous bump on my forearm...and that little hair?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2010, 08:34:03 AM »

That's purty, DR JANE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2010, 08:35:01 AM »

From Ron:
Some co-workers cannot get past the fact that three officers were needed to take down Grant.   Actually, I believe there were three officers per troublemaker.  One person resisting arrest with all his might can be difficult to handle even when two officers are handling him.

Others contend that with Grant face down, there was no need to stun him...and that the shooting had to be racially motivated.

Mind boggling, stupid, sad.  I think racial needs to be proved.  I watched a video of a policeman pulling his gun and killing a supposedly aggressive dog.  Thing is the dog was lying on the ground in a submissive position.  The policeman didn't even get called out for any wrong doing.

Jane

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2010, 08:35:28 AM »

Thanks JRand.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2010, 08:37:08 AM »

DR ELMORE thank you so much for the lovely gift....it will reside prominently in the Lobby Display case at the Putnam County Playhouse for the next couple of weeks.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2010, 08:50:42 AM »

;D

It must have been printed by the same company that did my Liturgical Calendar for 2009 that I use for my church gig--that one had the weeks of the year out of order.   :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2010, 08:52:26 AM »

In other news, our home internet has been down for almost 24 hours (I'm at my church office right now).

In better news, I got a very surprising call last night that against all odds I won the OTAS Award for MDing THE PRODUCERS.  This is the first thing I have won theatrically since I took home a Best Actor award in high school regional competition for playing Jerry in ZOO STORY.  As you may imagine, that was well over a year ago, so it's nice to be recognized again.  ;)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2010, 08:53:12 AM »

;D

It must have been printed by the same company that did my Liturgical Calendar for 2009 that I use for my church gig--that one had the weeks of the year out of order.   :)

And the same company that published the crossword puzzle in our local paper the other day.  The clue said something about the Hoosier State and the answer included IDAHO.  Oops.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2010, 08:53:47 AM »

Congratulations, DR JMK!!!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2010, 09:03:43 AM »

;D

It must have been printed by the same company that did my Liturgical Calendar for 2009 that I use for my church gig--that one had the weeks of the year out of order.   :)

And the same company that published the crossword puzzle in our local paper the other day.  The clue said something about the Hoosier State and the answer included IDAHO.  Oops.

When Betsy was Executive Director of Oregon Women Lawyers, we went to a Christmas party at the law firm where her office was sublet from.  They gave gag gifts to everyone, and they gave a great t-shirt to one of the attorneys who was from Idaho.  It was bright chartreuse, and iN bold letters it proclaimed:  IDAHO?  NO, YOU DA HO!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2010, 09:10:18 AM »

In other news, our home internet has been down for almost 24 hours (I'm at my church office right now).

In better news, I got a very surprising call last night that against all odds I won the OTAS Award for MDing THE PRODUCERS.  This is the first thing I have won theatrically since I took home a Best Actor award in high school regional competition for playing Jerry in ZOO STORY.  As you may imagine, that was well over a year ago, so it's nice to be recognized again.  ;)

Congratulations!

LOL DR GINNY....yes I live in Mooresville, Idaho.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2010, 09:26:57 AM »

My ER dentist was a wonderful Nigerian doctor, Femi Adenuga, and it was the easiest tooth extraction I have ever experienced in a conscious state. I arrived at the Clonic around 8:20, signed in at 8:30, saw Dr Adenuga by 9. and went through interview and checkup, which was supervised by two kindly dental supervisors, the second of whom wasn't so friendly when I had to come back to show him a lesion on my tongue. He claimed that Dr Adenuga hadn't mentioned it and got rather surly, but I heard him tell his supervisor all of what he was examining. At any rate, I was out of the Clinic by 11 am. I'm home, in great pain now that the anesthetic is wearing off, and I've taken 2 Tylenol Extra Strength tablets and 2 Tylenol PM. I want to spend most of today and tonight asleep.

DR JRand59, I'm glad your package arrived in one piece.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2010, 09:28:42 AM »

Better not forget something you need in the car because once it has been parked you won't be able to reach it until you are ready to leave. http://www.woehr.de/en/projekte/budapest_m730/index.htm

Jane

« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2010, 09:30:06 AM »

Congratulations DR JMK!!! :D

Ginny

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2010, 09:30:47 AM »

DR Elmore - Glad you were able to get into the clinic today.  Take care and don't drink through a straw for a few days.  I bet you'll feel much better tomorrow!

Jane

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2010, 09:31:04 AM »

Healing vibes DR elmore!!  Did you know the tooth would be pulled when you made the appointment?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2010, 09:41:03 AM »

...high school regional competition...

...well over a year ago....

...nice to be recognized again...

MUST RESIST URGE TO MAKE SNARKY CRACK ABOUT JMK BEING RECOGNIZED SINCE HIGH SCHOOL!!!

(Congratulations on what was obviously much-deserved recognition).
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 09:48:07 AM by Ron Pulliam »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2010, 09:43:36 AM »

Healing vibes DR elmore!!  Did you know the tooth would be pulled when you made the appointment?

I didn't make an appointment. I just went down to the clinic, but I was certain they would pull it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2010, 09:44:17 AM »

LOL DR GINNY....yes I live in Mooresville, Idaho.

No doubt a side effect known as geographical relocation, probably due to all those earthquakes around the Pacific in the past few months.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2010, 09:47:07 AM »

I didn't make an appointment. I just went down to the clinic, but I was certain they would pull it.

I had an abscessed tooth once.  I went to the dentist's office and demanded it be pulled.  I had been on painkillers and antibiotics for a week.  Nothing helped.  I was told it would be easier if the swelling went down to which I replied, "Pull the damned tooth NOW!"  I must have slept 18 hours straight through after getting home....all those pain killers finally taking effect.   :)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2010, 09:52:32 AM »

Congrats to DR JMK! 
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2010, 09:53:37 AM »

And congrats to DR Elmore on his tooth well-removed!

* * * * *   PAIN FREE VIBES  * * * * *
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2010, 10:11:12 AM »

I knew you didn't make an appointment.  I hadn't picked up from your comments that the tooth needed pulling.

Michael

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2010, 10:22:03 AM »

Congrats!

Next stop The Tony Awards or at least the Drama Desk Award
Never stop dreaming.

Laura

« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2010, 10:24:23 AM »

Congratulations on your award, JMK!

Jane

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2010, 10:24:40 AM »

All our dogs have been much larger than our cats.  This little dog with the cat is really sweet.
http://www.peoplepets.com/news/dogs/video-of-dog-falling-in-love-with-cat-goes-viral/1

Laura

« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2010, 10:28:22 AM »

Quick recovery vibes for Elmore!!

Laura

« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2010, 10:31:14 AM »

I am happy to report that after an initial hiding, the kittens all came out and played with my friend this morning. Progress!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up