Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: HOT DIGGITY DOG ZIGGITY BOOM WHAT YOU DO TO ME  (Read 42448 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: HOT DIGGITY DOG ZIGGITY BOOM WHAT YOU DO TO ME
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2010, 03:43:12 PM »

To which I say, next time pay attention, trust that there is a good reason for us to have done a third CD release for this show, and buy it now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2010, 03:43:24 PM »

Now, get me off THIS damn page.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2010, 03:52:27 PM »

No PROMISES was delivered in Tacoma
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2010, 03:55:44 PM »

Call your post office and complain.  If they can get to the East Coast in a day, they should certainly get to Tacoma in a day.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2010, 03:56:05 PM »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2010, 03:57:50 PM »

I was going to comment on the Perry Como song, one of my faves from the early 1960s, which is taken from from two 19th Century compositions; the original is "Espana," Chabrier's wonderful and brief tone poem salute to Spain, but the most likely source for the Perry Como song is Emile Waldteufel's Op. 236, "Espana Waltz,",based on Chabrier's themes. Waldteufel, whose most famous waltz is "The Skaters (Les Patineurs, Op. 183)," was the Parisian counterpart to Vienna's Johann Strauss.

Elmore, I love to read your posts.  Half the time I have no idea what you are talking about; but I love to read them.

It's so simple, really. Chabrier wrote a 6-minute rhapsody "Espana." and his light music contemporary Parisian Emile Waldteufel too the themes and turned it into a ballroom waltz. I think the Waldteufel waltz was the basis for the como song. I'll send you the mp3 files.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2010, 04:30:08 PM »

Just heard that Skip E. Lowe cancelled AGAIN.  This is how amateur he is and where he tapes is: He tapes at Beverly Hills High - and last week and now next Tuesday, the Beverly Hills City Council are meeting in that space.  First of all - the council doesn't have their OWN space?  Second of all, I told them that when he rebooks (supposedly one week later) that it had to be certain, even if he booked the day before.  I'm not planning my days around that to only have it continually cancelled. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: July 02, 2010, 04:30:20 PM »

Get me off this damn page.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: July 02, 2010, 04:30:30 PM »

And then there's Victoria Page.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: July 02, 2010, 04:30:44 PM »

What am I, The Red Shoes all of a sudden?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2010, 04:31:13 PM »

Listening to the new Kritzerland master with my few changes and I can now approve that.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2010, 04:31:46 PM »

I'm finally done interviewing helper candidates - there were three possibilities and I went with the one with no ties to the show business - a former firefighter, very computer savvy, will be bringing Kritzerland out of the Middle Ages and into everything being done on the computer, and, most importantly, is not looking for another job.

Congrats on getting the new helper, BK!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2010, 04:32:47 PM »

After that, I had to address then ship ten packages - the word is out now about the new mix and suddenly people are getting off their ASSES and ordering - of course, the problem is there aren't that many left to order.

Are there specific websites that you tell people to go to when Kritzerland is sold out?  Or do they just have to find other sources on their own?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2010, 04:35:39 PM »

And then there's Victoria Page.

And Patti Page.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2010, 04:37:02 PM »

I'm finally done interviewing helper candidates - there were three possibilities and I went with the one with no ties to the show business - a former firefighter, very computer savvy, will be bringing Kritzerland out of the Middle Ages and into everything being done on the computer, and, most importantly, is not looking for another job.

Congrats on getting the new helper, BK!

Did you get referrences on this new helper?
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2010, 04:42:49 PM »

Yes, references, address, social security, all of it.  She's really down-to-earth and I think will be very helpful as a helper.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2010, 04:43:28 PM »

And though KevinH may not be able to withstand the competition, we leave tomorrow for Wisconsin, so if I have internets access, I can post from such amazing locales as Coeur d'Alene, Idaho and/or Bismarck, North Dakota.   ;)

I love Coeur d'Alene.  It is so beautiful.

I still haven't been there yet.

JMK, please pay attention if it is a dog friendly place to visit.

Jane

« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2010, 04:44:14 PM »

Sounds good!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2010, 04:46:49 PM »

The only two other places to get Promises would be Screen Archives Entertainment and Footlight Records, both online.  The only other dealers that took them are two overseas dealers and they only got ten between them, and then my local dealer who took fifty and who only sells to his list of people. 

Footlight initially ordered thirty - the guy who now runs it is so silly sometimes - I mean he sold three HUNDRED Illya and Anya, and two hundred Show Girl and House of Flowers, all flops, yet he orders this kind of incredible special edition at thirty.  I said "Fine, but you'll be sorry."  A week later he upped it to fifty.  But in his listing he didn't even say it was a limited edition of 1000 - I asked him to add that, but I have no idea if he did.  If he were to come back to me today and say he needed more, he would be out of luck because no more copies are going to dealers - I make much more money selling on the site, and I'm about to be down to less than 100 copies, and, of those, I will hold thirty back for emergencies (after which, I can sell what's left).

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2010, 04:50:54 PM »

The only two other places to get Promises would be Screen Archives Entertainment and Footlight Records, both online.  The only other dealers that took them are two overseas dealers and they only got ten between them, and then my local dealer who took fifty and who only sells to his list of people. 

Footlight initially ordered thirty - the guy who now runs it is so silly sometimes - I mean he sold three HUNDRED Illya and Anya, and two hundred Show Girl and House of Flowers, all flops, yet he orders this kind of incredible special edition at thirty.  I said "Fine, but you'll be sorry."  A week later he upped it to fifty.  But in his listing he didn't even say it was a limited edition of 1000 - I asked him to add that, but I have no idea if he did.  If he were to come back to me today and say he needed more, he would be out of luck because no more copies are going to dealers - I make much more money selling on the site, and I'm about to be down to less than 100 copies, and, of those, I will hold thirty back for emergencies (after which, I can sell what's left).

Hmmm, perhaps I should buy twenty-five copies to sell on eBay?
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: July 02, 2010, 04:55:11 PM »

I think once they're gone and the word continues to spread - well, yes, eBay copies will go at a premium, especially as no dealers will have any more copies.  Screen Archives only took 175 and I'd bet that those will all be gone soon.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2010, 05:01:20 PM »

BK, congrats on the Variety article!

George

« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2010, 05:06:59 PM »

Some people just never learn.

George

« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2010, 05:19:38 PM »

Well, I'm off to work concessions for something...I don't remember what, and it's not on the Washington Center's calendar.  Oh, well.

Have a good rest of the evening, all.

:)

Ginny

« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2010, 05:27:41 PM »

Just ordered my PROMISES, PROMISES...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #115 on: July 02, 2010, 05:33:23 PM »

Back to Dublin:

Funny you should mention Powerscourt, DR Edisaurus, because I had actually taken a tour there the day you mentioned it.  It was very impressive and I took lots of pictures--I hope I'll be able to post a few of them.

And Ben--yes, the tour did take us under the grounds of the Dublin Castle, where the river flows--fascinating!

The TNT version of David Copperfield filmed there (the one with Hugh Dancy) and it looked so beautiful I made a point of going there while in Dublin. It was kind of hard to figure out how to get there but once we did we had a marvelous time. Glad you made it there, Kevin!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jane

« Reply #116 on: July 02, 2010, 05:35:33 PM »

Back to Dublin:

Funny you should mention Powerscourt, DR Edisaurus, because I had actually taken a tour there the day you mentioned it.  It was very impressive and I took lots of pictures--I hope I'll be able to post a few of them.

And Ben--yes, the tour did take us under the grounds of the Dublin Castle, where the river flows--fascinating!

The TNT version of David Copperfield filmed there (the one with Hugh Dancy) and it looked so beautiful I made a point of going there while in Dublin. It was kind of hard to figure out how to get there but once we did we had a marvelous time. Glad you made it there, Kevin!

I wish we could have gone there.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #117 on: July 02, 2010, 05:36:20 PM »

Promises arrived today. Already listened to it twice. Many thanks for the bonus track, too. What fun. And the score somehow sounds more dramatically coherent hearing it in order.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Edisaurus

« Reply #118 on: July 02, 2010, 05:36:54 PM »

I always thought it was diggity, too, but I didn't know it was Perry Como. I only remembered it from a hot dog commercial.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #119 on: July 02, 2010, 05:42:02 PM »

This is a good time of year to listen to barbershop quartets.

I'm having a brain fart--what's the name of that ladies organization that has regional four-part harmony groups throughout the country...

Sweet Adelines?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up