Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: FULL STOP  (Read 40483 times)

Cillaliz

Re: FULL STOP
« Reply #90 on: July 04, 2010, 02:21:44 PM »

I really like apple pie better than cherry pie

Cillaliz

« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2010, 02:22:00 PM »

Ta da a new page!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #92 on: July 04, 2010, 02:43:01 PM »

I've done my fourth of July tradition and watched 1776.  Pity we don't have in Congress today such men of intelligence, integrity, courage, and principle as we did then.

Jennifer

« Reply #93 on: July 04, 2010, 02:55:55 PM »

I'm tired. My niece slept over and she watched one of her shows and then we went to meet my sister at the mall. Then we came back, had lunch and went swimming. I still have a day pass. And it is really hot. I just came back from a bike ride. So i think i'm going to go back to the pool now.

Cillaliz

« Reply #94 on: July 04, 2010, 03:00:05 PM »

Oh good grief.  Just talked to my mom, my brother and his family are at the lake but won't walk in the house or speak to my mother.  They went straight to their boat and went sailing.  This is beyond rude and it's all over nothing.

Cillaliz

« Reply #95 on: July 04, 2010, 03:09:37 PM »

I'm so glad I'm not still there.

Cillaliz

« Reply #96 on: July 04, 2010, 03:11:12 PM »

Now off to the store.  I think I'm going to do the charcoal grill thing on my little smokey Joe.  I'll have to clean it up and get new charcoal. I haven't used it in a couple years, but this sounds really good....I'm also going to make a cherry crisp from the cherries I picked yesterday.  Then I'll make some potato salad and it will be a delightful dinner

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2010, 03:15:33 PM »

Yay, Jane's reading the book! :)

I hated waiting so long but I really didn't want to read it when I felt so lousy, small paperbacks were easier.

Jane

« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2010, 03:16:43 PM »

I am watching a marathon of THE GREATEST AMERICAN HERO episodes on SyFy.

Darn, if I had seen this sooner I would have recorded the earlier episodes.

Jane

« Reply #99 on: July 04, 2010, 03:19:07 PM »

I've done my fourth of July tradition and watched 1776.  Pity we don't have in Congress today such men of intelligence, integrity, courage, and principle as we did then.

I think that is an understatement. :(

Laura

« Reply #100 on: July 04, 2010, 03:26:06 PM »

So, why are they mad at your mom? I must have missed something. I saw that a niece (or girlfriend of a nephew) got sick in Sam's car. I must have missed whatever offense your mother committed.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #101 on: July 04, 2010, 03:26:28 PM »

In the IF ANYONE BUT ME CARES Department: The court decided on Friday afternoon NOT to halt the State's Furlough Temporary Layoff Program.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #102 on: July 04, 2010, 03:26:54 PM »

Oh good grief.  Just talked to my mom, my brother and his family are at the lake but won't walk in the house or speak to my mother.  They went straight to their boat and went sailing.  This is beyond rude and it's all over nothing.
Your brother should practice a bit more tolerance towards her. I'm sure she doesn't deserve this.

Laura

« Reply #103 on: July 04, 2010, 03:32:27 PM »

Is it just one day this month, TCB?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #104 on: July 04, 2010, 03:33:00 PM »

We went into town after the parade and enjoyed the band performance in the park.  We found a shaded rock to sit on that partially hid us from the dog police.  There were so many dogs today I don't think they would have bothered us.  There were tons of people.  Sherlock was very good while walking through the crowds in the food and craft area.  O course lots of people stopped to pet and admire him.  He enjoyed visiting with some of the other dogs.

Jane

« Reply #105 on: July 04, 2010, 03:34:08 PM »

DR TCB I hope you won't be hurt too much financially and that the temporary "lay off" doesn't last too long.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #106 on: July 04, 2010, 03:41:12 PM »

Last night I watched the second act of A STAR IS BORN on Blu and Ray.
Gorgeous transfer.
Marvelous movie.
Judy Garland was robbed.  By SIX-COUNT-'EM-SIX VOTES!  Something that close should have at least been a tie.

I loved it when Judy Garland, on either The Tonight Show or The Jack Parr Show, told the story of Oscar night for A STAR IS BORN.  She had just given birth to Joey Luft and she was still in the hospital on the day of the Oscars.  They brought in a whole crew and equipment to her hospital room, got her makeup done and a lovely bed jacket on her.  The minute it was announced that she hadn't won the Oscar, everybody packed up and walked out without saying another word to her.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #107 on: July 04, 2010, 03:49:03 PM »

How rude and strange.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: July 04, 2010, 03:58:41 PM »

Finished watching a motion picture on the DVR.  Everything is ready for our announcement in the morning, and the only thing left to do for the Stu Phillips release is to print postage - that will go very fast and I'll do it tomorrow.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: July 04, 2010, 04:03:59 PM »

In the IF ANYONE BUT ME CARES Department: The court decided on Friday afternoon NOT to halt the State's Furlough Temporary Layoff Program.

I care, DR TCB!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: July 04, 2010, 04:09:59 PM »

BK, once again I have to say thank you for what you have done for, at least, one PROMISES PROMISES fan.  The CD is incredible and that moron who can't  tell the difference should be put in a home.  I never before realized that I tended to tighten up each time Jerry Orbach was going for a note and not quite hitting it.  I am sure that Mr. Orbach's family will certainly be grateful for what you have done for his memory.

Have you heard from Jill O'Hara yet?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #111 on: July 04, 2010, 04:14:57 PM »

Is it just one day this month, TCB?

Yes, thankfully just one day a month.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: July 04, 2010, 04:17:07 PM »

Other than her ordering the CD, haven't heard from and probably won't hear from Jill. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #113 on: July 04, 2010, 04:17:34 PM »

I care, DR TCB!

Thank you, elmore.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: July 04, 2010, 04:17:39 PM »

I'm having an interesting thought about the fixed Promises CD, one I'll solicit opinions about in a week or so.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: July 04, 2010, 04:19:30 PM »

How rude and strange.

If you are talking about Miss Garland's story, you must remember that she did tend to exaggerate here stories.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: July 04, 2010, 04:21:45 PM »

That reminds me, on the song CHRISTMAS DAY, I couldn't believe the incredible separation of the voices.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #117 on: July 04, 2010, 04:36:54 PM »

So, why are they mad at your mom? I must have missed something. I saw that a niece (or girlfriend of a nephew) got sick in Sam's car. I must have missed whatever offense your mother committed.

My mother and I decided not to tell Sam when she arrived at the house.  We checked the car after I had cleaned it out and it didn't smell, so we just decided to say nothing.  That's my crime.  They figured it out, I'm sure my nephew told them and Sam had a fit because we didn't tell her.  When Sam was ranting about it, mom said "Well you shouldn't have fed her all the wine and cigarettes" My mom makes comments like that, but apparently her comment really upset Sam.  She's not mad at the girl who got sick, just mom and I.  I talked to my brother yesterday and he said that's it, I wasn't honest (a sin of omission apparently) and my mom made a comment.

I'm outraged at their behavior. I get that they think I should have told her right away. Fine, but the rest of it is just so blown out of proportion. I'm done dealing with this drama over nothing.   Mom said they think we are evil witches...I said she can't be, she doesn't like to fly. 

I don't really care if they want to disrespect me, I can just blow them off, but the way they continue to disrespect my mother is something I have decided not to tolerate any more. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: July 04, 2010, 04:37:57 PM »

Wow!  I have driven everyone away!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: July 04, 2010, 04:39:44 PM »

My mother and I decided not to tell Sam when she arrived at the house.  We checked the car after I had cleaned it out and it didn't smell, so we just decided to say nothing.  That's my crime.  They figured it out, I'm sure my nephew told them and Sam had a fit because we didn't tell her.  When Sam was ranting about it, mom said "Well you shouldn't have fed her all the wine and cigarettes" My mom makes comments like that, but apparently her comment really upset Sam.  She's not mad at the girl who got sick, just mom and I.  I talked to my brother yesterday and he said that's it, I wasn't honest (a sin of omission apparently) and my mom made a comment.

I'm outraged at their behavior. I get that they think I should have told her right away. Fine, but the rest of it is just so blown out of proportion. I'm done dealing with this drama over nothing.   Mom said they think we are evil witches...I said she can't be, she doesn't like to fly. 

I don't really care if they want to disrespect me, I can just blow them off, but the way they continue to disrespect my mother is something I have decided not to tolerate any more. 

That is really horrible of them.  What a small little thing to get so worked up about.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up