Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: BITING THE DUST  (Read 44741 times)

Cillaliz

Re: BITING THE DUST
« Reply #180 on: July 09, 2010, 07:13:25 PM »

Here it is

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #181 on: July 09, 2010, 07:14:03 PM »

Has anybody read any preview reviews of Bernadette Peters and Elaine Stritch in "Night Music"?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #182 on: July 09, 2010, 07:20:32 PM »

Fast.

Laura

« Reply #183 on: July 09, 2010, 07:23:15 PM »

Then I picked up some mail and that was that.

I wish I could say the same. :(

there wasn't any mail at my house today.  There is always mail...at least something.  Wondering what's up

My poor mailman was out today. It was 114.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #184 on: July 09, 2010, 07:27:30 PM »

Well, I must get to work at 6 a.m., which means it's time to say good night, all.

Wow, doesn't that sound like an exciting Friday evening.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #185 on: July 09, 2010, 07:33:50 PM »

Hey, I cleaned the carpet....well, 1/2 the room...that isn't very exciting either, although I'm thinking it's time to see if it's dried...now THAT is excitement :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #186 on: July 09, 2010, 07:34:45 PM »

I'm actually very glad to just be home.

Laura

« Reply #187 on: July 09, 2010, 07:38:27 PM »

Well, I must get to work at 6 a.m., which means it's time to say good night, all.

Wow, doesn't that sound like an exciting Friday evening.

I stripped wooden doors today. Talk about exciting.

Cillaliz

« Reply #188 on: July 09, 2010, 07:39:02 PM »

How do they look?  I'm excited that you stripped wooden doors...I guess I'm an excitement groupie

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #189 on: July 09, 2010, 07:47:42 PM »

So, now Laura has naked doors, which is also the title of my next novel.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #190 on: July 09, 2010, 08:06:23 PM »

I just read that Mel Gibson has been dropped by his agency.

;D

;D ;D 

;D ;D  ;D

We originally had Dennis Leary mentioning Mel Gibson's antisemitism (yep...pretty recent!) in our film but took it out for several reasons. But it was funny.

Probably a good idea but I wouldn't mind seeing the clip :)

Here you go!

http://www.blinkx.com/watch-video/denis-leary-hates-mel-gibson/y4Ph7FiWaDa-LSi36xDCKw
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #191 on: July 09, 2010, 08:08:02 PM »

Aimlet, wonderful trailer! I'm looking forward to the film (and seeing you at the New York premiere)

Me, too...and my mom is looking forward to meeting everyone, too!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #192 on: July 09, 2010, 08:09:49 PM »

DR RLP, any thoughts on BIG BROTHER, or have you watched it yet? There are some interesting contestants. I particularly like the Orthodox Jewish Podiatrist, the bisexual gal, and the High School gym coach.

Hmmm...well, based on the first episode, they all seem equally pleasant.  I think a couple of them are ready to presume who the Saboteur is based on some silly assumptions...and I think Julie Chen "misled" us into thinking she would reveal last night who the Saboteur is.

My first thought was that it would be the 40-year-old policewoman, but now I'm not sure.   

I'll be interested to learn where some of that last group to enter the house ended up sleeping, or with whom.  And some very interesting comments were made by a couple of them as to how far they might go in order to get loyalty from any "gay" house guest!  ;)

I'm looking forward to this season!!!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Edisaurus

« Reply #193 on: July 09, 2010, 08:10:31 PM »

Hey, edisaurus, did you ever finish my book?

I'm at the part where you bought your house from Joel Cox. Small dang world! I'm really enjoying it and now that I'm almost finished with the film and suddenly unemployed, I will finish it quickly and write a review!

Edisaurus

« Reply #194 on: July 09, 2010, 08:12:27 PM »

BOOKS
BEAUTIFUL MARIA OF MY SOUL - Oscar Hijuelos - sequel/prequel to THE MAMBO KINGS SING SONGS OF LOVE
FOOL - Christopher Moore - humorous, bawdy look at Shakespeare's KING LEAR from an unexpected point of view.
EVERY MAN DIES ALONE - Hans Fallada - compelling semi-fictional account of one man's work in the Resistance.

after I'm through with those, I'm delving into some science fiction, all by Dan Simmons:
ILIUM
OLYMPOS
HYPERION

My high school boyfriend was named Dan Simmons, but I'm guessing it's not the same one...

Hmm. . .he grew up in Peoria, Illinois. . .
http://www.dansimmons.com/about/bio.htm

Mine was from Ohio---he's a shrink now.

Edisaurus

« Reply #195 on: July 09, 2010, 08:14:02 PM »

DR Edi, great trailer. I have a business acquaintance on the board of the Jewish Film Festival here in San Antonio; if you're interested in having it shown here, I can put you in touch with her.

Can't wait to see the movie.

By all means, that would be great!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #196 on: July 09, 2010, 08:14:56 PM »

While at Barnes and Noble I looked at their version of the Kindle.  I'm thinking about it.  I can try it for 14 days with a complete refund if I'm not happy. 

I've been playing around with Borders' Kobo Reader and I think I may have to pick one up.
I came this close to selling one today while demonstrating it.
The couple took the literature with them, and hopefully will return to buy one.  (We only received five).

I thought you had a Kindle.

You were thinking of a former DR who hails from North Carolina.

If you mean fomer DR MattH (who lives in NC), I don't think he has one.   I know (not-from-NC) former DR Singdaw/Slingshot/Slapdaw/et.al. has one and thought highly of it.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #197 on: July 09, 2010, 08:15:01 PM »

Here's something that BK will probably like...Will 2011 Tony Awards Play Washington Heights?

The Tony Awards, which have been presented at Radio City Music Hall for over a decade, may have found a new home for next year's celebration of the Broadway season.

As previously reported, Radio City Music Hall is booked for June 2011, so a new venue is needed for the Broadway theatre's biggest night.

The New York Post reports that the likely venue for the 2011 Tony Awards will be the United Palace Theatre, which is located at Broadway and 175th Street. CBS, which broadcasts the annual Tony telecast, must still approve the location, according to the New York daily.

No official announcement about the new venue has been made, although Tony Award Productions, a joint venture between the American Theater Wing and the Broadway League, issued a statement to the New York Times back in June: "We have been aware for some time that Radio City Music Hall is not available to us for the 2011 Tony Awards and we are currently exploring a dozen or so possibilities throughout Manhattan for next year's ceremony."

The 2010 Tony Awards were broadcast live from Radio City Music Hall June 13. Sean Hayes hosted.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #198 on: July 09, 2010, 08:20:10 PM »

It's like the worst of the people from that filmmusl list have descended on the Film Score messageboard - and that includes that "person" called Brian Lee Corber.

Say it isn't so!   What is his "alias" there?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #199 on: July 09, 2010, 08:23:01 PM »

Page two MURDER IN THE BLUE ROOM dance.

Oooh....June Preisser.   Does she do any flips in this one?

Indeed she does.

Did you know she died in a car accident? Very sad.

No, I didn't know that.   I'm guessing you are unaware of her MGM pictures with Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland?  These were the "let's put on a show' musicals...and Mickey was always writing/directing and Judy was always the singing star....but there was always money trouble...and there Junie Preisser would be with a father who was rich...and, well...she seemed to get the "lead" billing....and her only talent was doing flips.   

It's well worth a grin even now...and any time I see those movies.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #200 on: July 09, 2010, 08:24:06 PM »

Page two MURDER IN THE BLUE ROOM dance.

Oooh....June Preisser.   Does she do any flips in this one?

Indeed she does.

Did you know she died in a car accident? Very sad.

I head that she flipped out of the car.

DR TCB!!!!!   

:D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #201 on: July 09, 2010, 08:26:21 PM »

And on that note (pick a note...any note), I'm outa here.

Until later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #202 on: July 09, 2010, 08:36:23 PM »

Had a nice, relaxing first full day in the northwoods of Wisconsin.  I got a massage, which was mostly wonderful, except the woman would NOT shut up for the entire hour and seemed miffed that I would not remove my shorts.  I managed to get a review uploaded today, too, so this can officially be a working vacation.  ;)  In fact, DR Elmore, I highly recommend the new BD of ONDINE.  I wasn't familiar with Henze's score, and it's really interesting and frequently very, very evocative.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #203 on: July 09, 2010, 08:39:24 PM »

RLP - it's something with attorney or legal or lawyer in it - and maybe Corber - he showed up two days ago - Ed, who has now come out, brought over these people - it's now "their" board.

Laura

« Reply #204 on: July 09, 2010, 08:50:38 PM »

I ran out of stripper, so the second side of the last door is only half-stripped.

Laura

« Reply #205 on: July 09, 2010, 08:55:59 PM »

Oh, and I saw this in the backyard:

Ginny

« Reply #206 on: July 09, 2010, 09:15:13 PM »

Greetings from beautiful downtown Canton, OH!

DRs - Richard and I will both have our laptops with us and will offer DR Elmore the opportunity to check in here.  If nothing else, I can convey messages to him.  We're staying in the same hotel.

I like that you are at the same hotel. :)

We kinda planned it that way, DR Jane.  In fact, DR Elmore greeted us in the lobby as we were checking in and we're even on the same floor.  He went early to the lecture/concert venue and we said we'd grab a bite of dinner and be there at 8.  I'd been smart to print the website info, which included the address so we were confident about finding the place (10001 N. Market St.).  Well, we got to the 10000 block and no concert venue in sight.  The little map I had made me wonder if there was an extra zero in that address and, sure enough, we drove back to 1001 and found it.  The bad news is we missed about half of DR Elmore's lecture; the good news is we heard the second half and the entire concert.  I took some pictures, which I will post tomorrow when I'm not so tired.  The lecture was very well received and we just said goodnight to DR Elmore after he had some supper and we had dessert here at the hotel.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #207 on: July 09, 2010, 09:22:54 PM »

Oh, and I saw this in the backyard:

YIKES!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #208 on: July 09, 2010, 09:25:20 PM »

YEAH!!!! I think my little Hoover Steamvac is doing the trick.  I checked and the first half of the room was dry and the smell was almost gone.  So I moved everything over to the dry side and cleaned the other side.  I'm confident that tomorrow the odor will be gone.  Although Callie was pretty ticked off, so ....no I'm not even going to think that

Cillaliz

« Reply #209 on: July 09, 2010, 09:26:55 PM »

So this puts me right on track for my weekend cleaning plans.  The carpet will be dry so I can put that room back together and will be able to work on the rest of the basement on Saturday.  That's where most of the bike riders will be going in and out to use the bathroom and if it storms they can bring in their sleeping bags and crash in there.  So I'm going to use the steamvac and clean all the carpets down there.  Just in case....
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up