Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LAST OF APRIL  (Read 91028 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:THE LAST OF APRIL
« Reply #180 on: April 30, 2004, 06:33:57 PM »

I will try to post or email you both the day before.   Of course I will have to remember to look at my travel schedule to remember that. :D  I won’t forget we are meeting.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #181 on: April 30, 2004, 06:34:41 PM »

OK...what are the DR's favorite pizza toppings?  

Personally, I've always had a fondness for anchovies, olives, garlic, and really spicy sausage.

DR Robin, I've been getting mushrooms, fresh garlic, olives and sausage or perreroni lately.  Our tastes sound similar except for the anchovies.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Robin

« Reply #182 on: April 30, 2004, 06:36:42 PM »

Can hardly wait for Rhino to bring out THAT soundtrack....maybe they could put GREASE 2 on as an extra!

Both Grease 2 and The Fabulous Baker Boys have had soundtracks out on CD.  I actually like the song "Reproduction" from Grease 2, but there's no way in hell tarnation that I'll ever sit thru the movie again.  
Mankind needs God...like fish need bicycles!

Robin

« Reply #183 on: April 30, 2004, 06:37:50 PM »

Page 7, folks...doin' pretty goldurn good!

td

• td
« Reply #184 on: April 30, 2004, 06:45:09 PM »

Oh, and Michelle Pfeiffer does her own singing of Stephen Schwartz' "When You Believe" in THE PRINCE OF EGYPT - - it's only her screen persona that's been animated.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

« Reply #185 on: April 30, 2004, 06:46:51 PM »

Elmore, in New York we go to Carvel’s.  And isn’t there a vegetarian Chinese restaurant I am to try?

Bruce, email has been sent.

I haven’t been inside the Farmer’s Market Du-Par’s in years but I do enjoy walking and shopping at the Grove.  I did by some pies from there last year and was disappointed in them.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: April 30, 2004, 06:47:06 PM »

Well, I guess I'm going to see Porgy and Bess even though my energy level is currently on low.  Keep the home fries burning and I'll catch up on your lovely posts when I return around ten.  And then my friends, we shall partay.

Jane

« Reply #187 on: April 30, 2004, 06:49:36 PM »

I missed my page seven dance-oops. :o

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] :) ;) :D :o 8) ::) :-*[/move]

François de Paris

« Reply #188 on: April 30, 2004, 06:50:54 PM »

Sorry DRElmore, I've been too laconic in my statement!

No, no, no I was concurring with your demonstration of your dad changing his mind....

I think "you", in the US of A,  say "Stupid minds don't change!" and I was just quoting its French equivalent!
I was not being critical!
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Jane

« Reply #189 on: April 30, 2004, 06:51:09 PM »

Jay, GOOD, GOOD, SUPER GOOD JOB VIBES!!!

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #190 on: April 30, 2004, 06:57:43 PM »

Well, tomorrow morning I leave for NYC, and in less than 24 hours, I will be in the audience of "Assassins!"  I can't wait.

Meant to respond to this earlier, but forgot.  Haven't seen it, either, but it is the first production next year at SUNY Brockport.  (Remember, all you interested parties, that the final production at Brockport next season is Anthony Shaffer's MURDERER.)

I've just skimmed it -- basically for plot points and such to incoporate into the press materials -- and it seems interesting, if you have interest in the goings on with a quartet of friends and lovers on a college campus.

It WAS interesting, although the "shocker" ending wasn't really that shocking.  I don't know...I like Neil LaBute but I think he understands the reasons that people drift apart far better than he does the reasons why they come together.  The great playwrights (Shakespeare included of course) understood both.  That said, it is a solidly crafted play (or at least I can assume so from the film version).

I really liked "Big Fish," sugar-coated as it was.  Then again, I've never seen a Burton film I didn't like.

Last night I was at the Ahmanson Theatre, Dear Readers, to see a performance of Kaufman and Ferber's The Royal Family.  I had never seen this play before, and really did not know what to expect, other than that it was a loving parody of the Barrymore family.  

I enjoyed it quite a bit!  Marian Seldes played the family matriarch, Fanny Cavendish, and she did a splendid job in an absolutely wonderful role.  Kate Mullgrew attempted to channel, alternately, Kate Hepburn and Tammy Grimes in her raspy voiced performance as Julie Cavendish.  Daniel Gerroll stole the show as the rakish Tony Cavendish.  The sets and costumes were finely detailed and gorgeous.

Whatever happened to that musical version Bill Finn was working on?  Anyone know?

Well, I'm off to watch "Last Tango in Paris."

Jane

« Reply #191 on: April 30, 2004, 06:58:47 PM »

I have been thinking about the pizza toppings.

For dip dish pizza, or traditional Italian style I like mushrooms, cheese (in Italy we had an incredible 4 cheese pizza in Pisa) black olives and tomatoes.

We have a restaurant in Ashland that makes a wonderful French pizza.  I think my favorite toppings are French goats cheese, tomatoes, broccoli and garlic.

Jane

« Reply #192 on: April 30, 2004, 07:00:03 PM »

Maya have a great time in NY :)

td

• td
« Reply #193 on: April 30, 2004, 07:00:56 PM »

It is my duty as a Hainsie/Kimmelet to warn you folks that TIMELINE is one of the funniest movies I have ever watched on dvd.
The only trouble is, it wasn't meant to be a comedy.  You want a good laugh?  Check out the blue-eyed, bodacious Paul Walker reciting (he ain't acting it, sweetie) dialogue which even Keanu Reeves would put something into.  The divoon Dracula of DRACULA 2000, Gerard Butler has developed more muscle than he showed in DRACULA 2000, but not more acting ability.  Of course any script that uses the analogy of body faxing to relate time travel is bound to be good for a laugh or two.
Funny stuff this is.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #194 on: April 30, 2004, 07:08:34 PM »

OK...what are the DR's favorite pizza toppings?

My favorite pizza (as I've mentioned before) has pepperoni, pineapple and cashews!  There's a place in Lacey (right next to Olympia) called Dirty Dave's Gay 90s Pizza Parlor ('1890s' Gay 90s) and cashews are one of their specialty toppings.  They've had it for YEARS!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Robin

« Reply #195 on: April 30, 2004, 07:12:46 PM »

Usually, when I'm making 'za at home, I put Goldfish on it.  

Not real goldfish...the tiny crackers.  They add a neat crunchy texture to the mix.  Deee-lish!

Jane

« Reply #196 on: April 30, 2004, 07:13:11 PM »

I just received an email from Danise saying she has picked up a big time virus and doesn’t know how to get rid of it and is getting one pop up after another.

She says to tell everyone thanks (for yesterday’s NY info) and she will be on the board to read all your wonderful posts as soon as she can.

Jane

« Reply #197 on: April 30, 2004, 07:24:48 PM »

Movie time but I haven’t a clue or clew what DVD we are about to watch and I was too busy today to listen to anything but the radio.

Goodnight.

Jane

« Reply #198 on: April 30, 2004, 07:29:20 PM »

Andrea, hi. :)

Tomovoz

« Reply #199 on: April 30, 2004, 07:50:11 PM »

I thought that Danise had picked up a virus and she would be unwell herself. Thank goodness that is not the case as she has so much excitement with her journeys soon. Thank goodness also for anti virus softwear and that one of my ex students is a computer expert and provides a free computer service.
Hope the the virus is dealt with soon Danise.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: April 30, 2004, 07:50:40 PM »

Sorry DRElmore, I've been too laconic in my statement!

No, no, no I was concurring with your demonstration of your dad changing his mind....

I think "you", in the US of A,  say "Stupid minds don't change!" and I was just quoting its French equivalent!
I was not being critical!
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Francois, I wasn't  misunderstanding you, and I'm sorry if I implied that.  I knew what you meant, even though my French is tres lousy.  I was just paraphrasing your comment, that I'm glad and proud of my Father and his change of mind.  I'm proud that my mind can change opinion as well.  I should ber as smart as he at 83.  I'm so sorry for the misunderstanding.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #201 on: April 30, 2004, 07:57:46 PM »

Elmore, in New York we go to Carvel’s.  And isn’t there a vegetarian Chinese restaurant I am to try?

DR Jane,  I forget!  I should go back and look at our posts and determine what actually was discussed.  I think I mentioned a couple of wonderful restaurants on the Upper West Side with good vegetarian dishes, but I don't know of an exclusively vegetarian Chinese place.  I'll look around.  This is my night for miscommunication on my end!  I do hope you and Keith come to NYC; I'd love to meet you since Du-Par's is out of the question.  The last time I was there (I think it was during Jason Graae's recording for BK) I met and spoke to Roger Rees.  Nice man.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #202 on: April 30, 2004, 08:12:42 PM »

That was vague; the last time I was at Du-Par's, I saw Roger Rees.

I'll never have my Father's mind at 83; I'll be a vegetable.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #203 on: April 30, 2004, 08:14:45 PM »

And now I'm a posting frenzy!  I'm going to bed; it's 11:00 pm here. Good night, one and all.  Sweet dreams.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #204 on: April 30, 2004, 08:16:54 PM »

BROTHER BEAR had some wonderful animation with some of the most gorgeous backgrounds I've seen in a 2-D animated movie in many, many years. Breathtaking. And the sound wonderful. The story becomes very touching in parts. I enjoyed everything but the forgettable Phil Collins songs.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

François de Paris

« Reply #205 on: April 30, 2004, 08:19:17 PM »

DRElmore,

No harm done, really!

Now, judging from your pic, I could swear that I saw somewhere the other day! ;)

Or, was it Guy Haines?
You both look so much alike!
Don't know if anyone told you! :D

May 1 is Fête du Travail here!
And.... to celebrate, I'll be working!

DRtd,

Funny but true, I don't remember DeVito's arse in Big Fish!
He made a swell Werewolf though, I believe!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #206 on: April 30, 2004, 08:21:11 PM »

George, you had to choose?  We saw both THE ROYAL FAMILY and CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF.  I thought Ned Beatty, former neighbour of ours and fellow Kentuckian was superb as big Daddy.  Actually, that year was one of our best theatre trips, everything we saw was wonderful except for one show.  We saw a brilliant PRIVATE LIVES with Alan Rickman and Lindsay Duncan.  HUMBLE BOY with Diana Rigg, Denis Quilley, and the wonderful Simon Russell Beale (I recommend anyone with in hail of NYC go see Beale in JUMPERS; he may be the best actor working in London today).  THE HOMECOMING with Ian Holm. The revival of NOISES OFF.  JOE EGG with Clive Owen and Victoria Hamilton, MOTHER CLAPP'S MOLLY HOUSE, THE PLAY WHAT I WROTE.  The only dud we saw was STAR QUALITY, a bad adaptation of a Noel Coward story starring the usually wonderful Penelope Keith who was just plain miscast.  Why choose?  Go see as much as you can!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2004, 08:24:47 PM by Charles Pogue »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #207 on: April 30, 2004, 08:24:22 PM »

Now, judging from your pic, I could swear that I saw somewhere the other day! ;)

Or, was it Guy Haines?
You both look so much alike!

Guy and I are great friends, but I'm much younger.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #208 on: April 30, 2004, 08:25:46 PM »

Good night, all!

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #209 on: April 30, 2004, 08:26:26 PM »

I loved the performance I saw of Peter Gallagher and company in the Noises Off revival. Laughed my head off.

TCB - I think you SHOULD definitely come sing next Sunday - it ain't "opera" - nope. I want all the notes, but I'm looking more for a country sound, y'all. Think about it.
PennyO
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up