Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE EARLY NOTES CATCHES THE BIRD OR THE WORM OR THE TOSTADA  (Read 20775 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: THE EARLY NOTES CATCHES THE BIRD OR THE WORM OR THE TOSTADA
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2010, 01:30:34 PM »

PAGE FOUR
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2010, 01:45:05 PM »

LOL, DR TCB!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2010, 02:22:28 PM »

Speaking of books, I am reading THEATER GEEK, the most wonderful book about Stage Door Manor, the staff, and soem of the kids attending the camp.

Little known fact - Mickey Rapkin, the author of the book, is the son of Leonard Rapkin who is the son of my Aunt Minnie and Uncle Rube - for those who've read my new book, you know I lived in Aunt Minnie's building in Flatbush back in 1969.  So, I suppose Mickey is my cousin.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2010, 02:53:42 PM »

Speaking of books, I am reading THEATER GEEK, the most wonderful book about Stage Door Manor, the staff, and soem of the kids attending the camp.

Little known fact - Mickey Rapkin, the author of the book, is the son of Leonard Rapkin who is the son of my Aunt Minnie and Uncle Rube - for those who've read my new book, you know I lived in Aunt Minnie's building in Flatbush back in 1969.  So, I suppose Mickey is my cousin.

Well, a gift for telling a story must gallop in your family! Your cousin's written a very fascinating companion to the film documentary on Stage Door Manor. I am really enjoying it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2010, 03:18:19 PM »

Richard and I both just received text messages from Rob that said, "Got baby!"  As part of his paramedic training, he has to be present for 2 births.  He's been scheduling hospital times and being sent home because there were no deliveries imminent during those shifts.  He had an 8-hour shift today at a different hospital and that must have done the trick!

:)

Jane

« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2010, 03:21:32 PM »

DR Jane wrote:
While browsing the book store today two other books were suggested though they didn't interest me as much as Every Man.  Has anyone read THE MAGICIANS or THE AMERICAN GIRL?

I haven't read either or these. But usually when someone posts a book here i go to amazon.com to check on it. Some of the comments on THE AMERICAN GIRL are rather interesting.

I also like to see the ratings. If a book has mostly 5s it's usually a good one.

I also found the range of comments interesting for both books.  I didn't the number ratings.  Are you going to read American Girl now?

Jane

« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2010, 03:24:35 PM »

TOD:
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo

Jane

« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2010, 03:26:40 PM »

they found a loris in Sri Lanka.....scientists thought they were extinct, they haven't been seen since 1937

I saw this in the news-pretty cool! :)

Jane

« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2010, 03:28:14 PM »

DR elmore, good news from the dentist! :)

Jennifer

« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2010, 03:43:23 PM »

DR Jane wrote:
While browsing the book store today two other books were suggested though they didn't interest me as much as Every Man.  Has anyone read THE MAGICIANS or THE AMERICAN GIRL?

I haven't read either or these. But usually when someone posts a book here i go to amazon.com to check on it. Some of the comments on THE AMERICAN GIRL are rather interesting.

I also like to see the ratings. If a book has mostly 5s it's usually a good one.

I also found the range of comments interesting for both books.  I didn't the number ratings.  Are you going to read American Girl now?

I'm not sure. I'm definitely not going to read it right now, since my library doesn't have it. And I have 3 books now and am on a list for about 6 others.

There was something one reviewer wrote which sort of turned me off (saying how it was confusing).

Jennifer

« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2010, 03:44:41 PM »

I was so excited when I saw my mail and there was a big box waiting. I was sure it was my hoopnotica, since it was mailed on saturday and I was not expecting any other boxes.

But it wasn't. :(

It is supposed to arrive tomorrow. So i guess I will have it tomorrow or wednesday. I am so excited to try this. I hope i'm able to do it. Luckily there is a 1 hour dvd to show me some movies.

Jane

« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2010, 03:58:28 PM »

DR Jane wrote:

I'm not sure. I'm definitely not going to read it right now, since my library doesn't have it. And I have 3 books now and am on a list for about 6 others.

There was something one reviewer wrote which sort of turned me off (saying how it was confusing).

A few of the reviews also discouraged me away.  The woman who owns the wonderful book shop in town loved it.

Jane

« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2010, 03:59:02 PM »

I was so excited when I saw my mail and there was a big box waiting. I was sure it was my hoopnotica, since it was mailed on saturday and I was not expecting any other boxes.

It is supposed to arrive tomorrow. So i guess I will have it tomorrow or wednesday. I am so excited to try this. I hope i'm able to do it. Luckily there is a 1 hour dvd to show me some movies.

Will there be a video of you dancing with your hoopnotica?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #103 on: July 19, 2010, 03:59:45 PM »

Sounds like Leonard was your first cousin, and Mickey would be your first cousin once removed.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: July 19, 2010, 04:00:24 PM »

Damn! damn!! damn!!! I've got to pull out of my ass $768 for taxes on that damned property in Ohio by Monday. I am not amused.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2010, 04:04:45 PM »

I had to wonder what this was, so I Googled.

Heck!  It's Hula Hoop!!!

I was doing those moves like every other kid in America back in the 60s!!  You won't have any trouble doing it, I don't think.  Of course, the ladies in the videos make it look like a rhythmic sport, so there's some finessing to it...but it's fun and it's challenging.   When you get bored with one hoop, you move on to two, and then three, etc.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2010, 04:12:24 PM »

We have a hoola hoop in our garage I haven't used in awhile.  If we weren't having company over the weekend I would risk hurting my back to play with it.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2010, 04:32:14 PM »

Well, a gift for telling a story must gallop in your family! Your cousin's written a very fascinating companion to the film documentary on Stage Door Manor. I am really enjoying it.

What is the Stage Door Manor?  Is that where Katherine Hepburn lived in the movie?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2010, 04:36:59 PM »

Except for the very painful arthritis in my hands and feet, I feel almost normal.  Well, as normal as I can feel.
“One thing’s universal,

Ben

« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2010, 04:37:25 PM »

Ben

« Reply #110 on: July 19, 2010, 04:37:44 PM »

Sorry to hear about the pain TCB

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2010, 04:39:11 PM »

It took quite a long time for the clouds to burn off today, but has now turned into a very pleasant 70 degree day. 
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2010, 04:42:31 PM »

This is

Stage Door Manor

Besides the new book, there have been a fictional movie and a wonderful documentary made about the camp.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #113 on: July 19, 2010, 04:43:18 PM »

Sorry to hear about the pain TCB
This is

Stage Door Manor

Thanks Ben.  Why couldn't they have had something like that around here when I was growing up?  Also, why couldn't Tacoma have had a high school of perfroming arts when I was 15 / 16?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 04:48:20 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: July 19, 2010, 04:44:52 PM »

It is supposed to be back in the 80's tomorrow.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #115 on: July 19, 2010, 04:44:55 PM »

Except for the very painful arthritis in my hands and feet, I feel almost normal.  Well, as normal as I can feel.

Probably what you had flared up the arthritis.  VIBES!!!

Jennifer

« Reply #116 on: July 19, 2010, 04:45:57 PM »

DR Jane wrote:

A few of the reviews also discouraged me away.  The woman who owns the wonderful book shop in town loved it.

Do you usually like the books that she recommends?

Jennifer

« Reply #117 on: July 19, 2010, 04:46:48 PM »

Will there be a video of you dancing with your hoopnotica?

Oh no!  But I've seen people doing it and it seems very sensual.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2010, 04:49:29 PM »

Probably what you had flared up the arthritis.  VIBES!!!

Either that or old age.  Thanks, Jane.
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #119 on: July 19, 2010, 04:50:54 PM »

re: the hoopnotica.

I have not tried it yet. But from what i've seen it is not really like a hula hoop. It is weighted inside the hoop. So you can swing it on your hips or move it in the air above your head.  It looks exactly like a hula hoop. But it is very rhythmical.

I am gonna try it outside tomorrow (if I get it tomorrow).  From what i saw you put your right foot out and you move your body forward and backward not round and round like you would with a regular hoop.

One reason i wanted it is because it is supposed to be very good for your waist. I think if my waist was an inch or two smaller i could fit into all my smaller clothes.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up