Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE THING WITH THE PERIODS  (Read 18160 times)

Cillaliz

Re: THE THING WITH THE PERIODS
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2010, 05:55:15 PM »

Cilla, have you been following all this stuff about the 100 year Anniversary of the Titanic Sailing?  Fortunately, not on the Titanic; although originally there was talk of building a replica for the anniversary.  I keep getting e-mails telling me about all the lecturers and how few cabins are still available.  If you haven't read about it, here is the website.

http://www.titanicmemorialcruise.co.uk/

My initial thought is that it would be a bit unnerving to be on a memorial cruise for a ship that sank....but thanks for the website, it's interesting

Well, in Hawaii you have to take a boat to get to the Arizona Memorial!

I guess that would only bother me if there were fighter planes flying overhead.  The Titanic sank on it's own - well sort of - I'm just saying

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2010, 05:56:21 PM »

Has everyone seen the news story about the second stonehenge (being called woodhenge) being discovered only about 3,000 feet away from the first one?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2010, 05:58:23 PM »

Cilla, have you been following all this stuff about the 100 year Anniversary of the Titanic Sailing?  Fortunately, not on the Titanic; although originally there was talk of building a replica for the anniversary.  I keep getting e-mails telling me about all the lecturers and how few cabins are still available.  If you haven't read about it, here is the website.

My initial thought is that it would be a bit unnerving to be on a memorial cruise for a ship that sank....but thanks for the website, it's interesting

I guess that would only bother me if there were fighter planes flying overhead.  The Titanic sank on it's own - well sort of - I'm just saying

I know what you meant.  I was just giving you a bad time.  A lot of my friends thought that I was crazy to sail on a ship out to the site of the wreckage back in 1996
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #123 on: July 22, 2010, 05:59:54 PM »

I know what you meant.  i was just giving you a bad time.  A lot of my friends thought that I was crazy to sail on a ship out to the site of the wreckage back in 1996

Oh that wouldn't bother me.  That's sailing out to site of the wreckage and I'm very jealous about that. Would have loved to be there. I guess it's the idea of sailing the same route from the same ports and on the same dates 100 years later that would bother me

Cillaliz

« Reply #124 on: July 22, 2010, 06:00:49 PM »

Haven't heard of Woodhenge, but I've heard of Car Henge

Cillaliz

« Reply #125 on: July 22, 2010, 06:03:01 PM »

CarHenge

Cillaliz

« Reply #126 on: July 22, 2010, 06:03:57 PM »

My that's a little photo

Cillaliz

« Reply #127 on: July 22, 2010, 06:05:47 PM »

Let's try this one

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: July 22, 2010, 06:08:38 PM »

Has everyone seen the news story about the second stonehenge (being called woodhenge) being discovered only about 3,000 feet away from the first one?

Discovery
Woodhenge was identified in 1925 after an aerial archaeology survey by Alexander Keiller and OGS Crawford. Crawford credits the discovery to an aerial photograph taken by Squadron Leader Gilbert Stuart Martin Insall, VC, in 1925.[1] Maud Cunnington excavated the site between 1926 and 1929.

DR TCB - looks like it was discoverd in 1925, at least according to Wikipedia

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #129 on: July 22, 2010, 06:08:58 PM »

So, no one knows anything about the thing with the periods?

I don't know when it started (or why or how it caught on), but the tag line for Harlequin Productions, a local theater group, is "Real. Live. Theater."  They've used that at least since they moved into their own theater in 1998 and it's at the bottom of every page on their website.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2010, 06:09:16 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmmm......well the car is repaired, so I am waiting for my brother to take to me to pick it up.  Just needed a tune up and a new spark plug wire.....$122.....which is okay.

Good news!

Jane

« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2010, 06:10:31 PM »

The kittens have their surgeries tomorrow, and I am trying to make arrangements for them to go to adoptions on Saturday.

MEGA VIBES FOR THE LITTLE ONES!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #132 on: July 22, 2010, 06:10:42 PM »

Well, I guess actually woodhenge would be the original, since it is still buried undergroud.

http://www.aolnews.com/world/article/archaeologists-discover-stonehenges-timber-twin/19564107?icid=main|

« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 06:12:15 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #133 on: July 22, 2010, 06:10:50 PM »

Oh wow, sorry TCB...I just read about ANOTHER. WOODHENGE.  This. must. be. what. you. were. talking. about
http://www.montrealgazette.com/travel/Woodhenge+discovered+near+Stonehenge/3310172/story.html

Jane

« Reply #134 on: July 22, 2010, 06:13:22 PM »

Happy birthday Vixdad!  Thanks for the shoulder vibes.

Cillaliz

« Reply #135 on: July 22, 2010, 06:15:30 PM »

Happy Birthday Vixdad!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #136 on: July 22, 2010, 06:15:44 PM »

Oh wow, sorry TCB...I just read about ANOTHER. WOODHENGE.  This. must. be. what. you. were. talking. about
http://www.montrealgazette.com/travel/Woodhenge+discovered+near+Stonehenge/3310172/story.html

Yes, that was the one I was talking about.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: July 22, 2010, 06:16:49 PM »

BIRTHDAY WISHES TO
 MISTER MANN!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #138 on: July 22, 2010, 06:16:49 PM »

I am irritated with the federal court.  I have planned for weeks to take tomorrow off. So, tonight at almost 5:00 PM I get a notice via email of a hearing at 9:00 AM.   Absolutely no time to get coverage, so I'll be going to court in the morning.  I'm sure the prosecutor, the judge and the marshals all knew about the court date.  defense counsel is always the last to know.  They will tell my client before they tell me.  It's a real pet peeve and I'm tired of it. 

Only by email, what if you didn't get it?  I find that scary.

Feel better vibes!!  You sure are working hard while sick.  Try eating lots of watermelon. 

Jane

« Reply #139 on: July 22, 2010, 06:17:41 PM »

DR elmore I hope Jonathan's audition went well.

Cillaliz

« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2010, 06:17:55 PM »

Audition vibes for Elmore's friend Jon ~~~~

Jane

« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2010, 06:18:08 PM »

We may just show a streaming video...

Or to perk up attendance....show a streaking video.

der Brucer

LOL, that would be different, DR der Brucer!

Right after I made that post, I made a phone call and secured a speaker for August 3!!!  Why didn't I call Jenni sooner?

Now maybe I'll be able to sleep past 6am...

I am assuming that this makes more sense if you happen to know Jenni.

;D

Jane

« Reply #142 on: July 22, 2010, 06:24:23 PM »

The foster coordinator has six moms with babies awaiting homes. In. her. office.

:(  Too many.  At least these are safe.

Cillaliz

« Reply #143 on: July 22, 2010, 06:25:19 PM »

I am irritated with the federal court.  I have planned for weeks to take tomorrow off. So, tonight at almost 5:00 PM I get a notice via email of a hearing at 9:00 AM.   Absolutely no time to get coverage, so I'll be going to court in the morning.  I'm sure the prosecutor, the judge and the marshals all knew about the court date.  defense counsel is always the last to know.  They will tell my client before they tell me.  It's a real pet peeve and I'm tired of it. 

Only by email, what if you didn't get it?  I find that scary.

Feel better vibes!!  You sure are working hard while sick.  Try eating lots of watermelon. 

I don't have a choice about working hard, I've got a bus full of people sleeping here on Saturday.  Yes we're notified of everything via email in federal court.  all filings are electronic, etc.  Sometimes we get phone calls too, but most of the time no. The funny part was I got an email from the person who usually assigns us cases asking me if I got the email from the court setting the hearing.  Now, think about it, if I'm not checking my email I wouldn't have gotten either one!

Cillaliz

« Reply #144 on: July 22, 2010, 06:27:35 PM »

It's been a really busy week at the office too, but I've been stressing about finances, so it's exactly what I needed

Jane

« Reply #145 on: July 22, 2010, 06:27:42 PM »

DR Matthew, congrats on the car pay off!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: July 22, 2010, 06:28:26 PM »

DR elmore I hope Jonathan's audition went well.

It's tomorrow morning at 9:45. Send vibes!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #147 on: July 22, 2010, 06:30:02 PM »

The thing with the periods is prevalent on every single message board I occasionally visit.  Everyone who is saying they've never seen them must be living away from the computer or message boards or places where writing occurs by amateurs.

I visit a few message boards. But mostly the writers seem fairly intelligent.  And I've never seen the periods after every word. BK maybe it's just a few boards that you happen to visit. Because it's obviously not going on everywhere on the internet.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #148 on: July 22, 2010, 06:31:08 PM »

DR Jane and DR Vixmom - thanks for the congrats for the car payoff.  It won't last long, as I'm looking into trading my current 2003 Honda Element, for a new 2010 Honda Element when they go on sale in the fall.

Anyway, I'm back from my bike ride and now I'm going to get cleaned up, get some grub, and head to Annie

Jane

« Reply #149 on: July 22, 2010, 06:31:34 PM »

It's been a really busy week at the office too, but I've been stressing about finances, so it's exactly what I needed

I'm glad you have the work. :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up