Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE THING WITH THE PERIODS  (Read 18173 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: THE THING WITH THE PERIODS
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2010, 04:37:20 PM »

PAGE FOUR!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2010, 04:37:28 PM »

T.O.D.

Frank Langella's DRACULA (I also love the score)

Bram Stoker's DRACULA

THE LOST BOYS

I did like THE LOST BOYS! My friend Barney Hughes was the grandfather, and I love the twist on Peter Pan.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 04:40:06 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2010, 04:39:24 PM »

We may just show a streaming video...

Or to perk up attendance....show a streaking video.

der Brucer

LOL, that would be different, DR der Brucer!

Right after I made that post, I made a phone call and secured a speaker for August 3!!!  Why didn't I call Jenni sooner?

Now maybe I'll be able to sleep past 6am...

I am assuming that this makes more sense if you happen to know Jenni.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2010, 04:42:46 PM »

Yes, DR TCB, Jenni is someone I knew from my nonprofit outreach days in Dayton.  Since I was looking for someone to speak a week from Tuesday, I only called people who already knew I'm not a total flake.  That kind of invitation would have sounded completely outrageous coming from a total stranger.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2010, 04:45:30 PM »

Get. Me. Off. This. Damn. Page.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: July 22, 2010, 04:45:59 PM »

From Broadwayworld regarding Bernadette Peters - Best. Desiree. Ever.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #96 on: July 22, 2010, 04:46:13 PM »

DRs, my frend Jonathan, who was wonderful as  the Scarecrow in THE WIZARD OF OZ in Canton, has an audition for the New York Musical Theatre Festival tomorrow morning at 9:45. This is his first big audition. Can you send him some vibes?

He didn't have to audition for The Scarecrow?

Oh well.............

AUDITION VIBES FOR JONATHAN
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #97 on: July 22, 2010, 04:49:05 PM »

The thing with the periods is prevalent on every single message board I occasionally visit.  Everyone who is saying they've never seen them must be living away from the computer or message boards or places where writing occurs by amateurs.

Tacoma is supposed to be getting electricity next month.  After that, who knows, maybe books?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #98 on: July 22, 2010, 04:50:47 PM »

DR Laura, regarding the fireworks yesterday....we don't need a holiday to have fireworks in Sioux City, they have them  a lot in the summer.   Last night was the Big Parade starting our annual Rivercade festival.  I think there's something tonight, too, but not sure.  Tomorrow is the RAGBRAI kick off, so there will be fireworks again.   

Oh there's nothing half way about the Iowa way to treat you.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #99 on: July 22, 2010, 04:54:51 PM »

Yes, DR TCB, Jenni is someone I knew from my nonprofit outreach days in Dayton.  Since I was looking for someone to speak a week from Tuesday, I only called people who already knew I'm not a total flake.  That kind of invitation would have sounded completely outrageous coming from a total stranger.

I am assuming that this makes more sense if you happen to know Ginny.

“One thing’s universal,

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2010, 04:55:55 PM »

Because people don't talk to each other anymore, things like random periods after words are used to exaggerate what the person is trying to say.  The newest fad, whether spoken or typed, is to pause after each word for "effect", usually sounding way over the top.  So, if you add a pause after each word which is followed by a period, and say it in an over the top sort of way, you get the effect the person is trying to convey.  Did I mention people don't talk to each other anymore?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2010, 04:59:29 PM »

Because people don't talk to each other anymore, things like random periods after words are used to exaggerate what the person is trying to say.  The newest fad, whether spoken or typed, is to pause after each word for "effect", usually sounding way over the top.  So, if you add a pause after each word which is followed by a period, and say it in an over the top sort of way, you get the effect the person is trying to convey.  Did I mention people don't talk to each other anymore?

I am assuming that this makes more sense if you happen to know Matthew.

“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2010, 05:01:51 PM »

DR Laura, regarding the fireworks yesterday....we don't need a holiday to have fireworks in Sioux City, they have them  a lot in the summer.   Last night was the Big Parade starting our annual Rivercade festival.  I think there's something tonight, too, but not sure.  Tomorrow is the RAGBRAI kick off, so there will be fireworks again.   

Oh there's nothing half way about the Iowa way to treat you.

Yup, and the next fireworks signifiy the start of a week long party

- Is it really a big party? Yes. Imagine doing something you really love to do (in this case it’s cycling) with 10,000 people who love the same thing. Remember, you’re on vacation and the only thing on your to-do list is to get to the next town. You get to eat, drink and be merry all day. And when you get to the overnight town, they throw a party for you and your friends.

Cillaliz

« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2010, 05:03:07 PM »

The thing with the periods is prevalent on every single message board I occasionally visit.  Everyone who is saying they've never seen them must be living away from the computer or message boards or places where writing occurs by amateurs.

Tacoma is supposed to be getting electricity next month.  After that, who knows, maybe books?

I am assuming this makes sense if you happen to know TCB

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2010, 05:04:59 PM »

Druxy, BK or other WB cognoscenti--what was the famous WB gangster film where the two childhood friends grew up to be a gangster and a D.A.?  Believe it or not, I need this info for a Chinese martial arts film I'm reviewing.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2010, 05:16:04 PM »

DRs, my frend Jonathan, who was wonderful as  the Scarecrow in THE WIZARD OF OZ in Canton, has an audition for the New York Musical Theatre Festival tomorrow morning at 9:45. This is his first big audition. Can you send him some vibes?

He didn't have to audition for The Scarecrow?

Oh well.............

AUDITION VIBES FOR JONATHAN

THE WIZARD OF OZ was a community theatre production and Jon knows the producer, Josaeph Rubin, from NYU. NYMF tomorrow is his first audition since graduating from NYU.Keep those audition vibes coming!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2010, 05:16:39 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about the lost day off tomorrow, Cillaliz. It's awful that they don't let you in on the scheduling.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2010, 05:18:36 PM »

O.M.G. I am holding the. cutest. kitteh. ever.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2010, 05:19:42 PM »

I am assuming this makes sense if you happen to know TCB

LOL!  Probably not!
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2010, 05:20:08 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about the lost day off tomorrow, Cillaliz. It's awful that they don't let you in on the scheduling.

Well, it's a short court hearing and I can do it and still have most of the day off, it's just the lack of respect that gets me

Cillaliz

« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2010, 05:22:03 PM »

O.M.G. I am holding the. cutest. kitteh. ever.

Maybe you need to add one more to your permanent family?

Laura

« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2010, 05:22:56 PM »

Uh, no.

Cillaliz

« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2010, 05:23:21 PM »

I shouldn't complain about having work.  I have lots of it and am lucky about that.  Just way too many things going on to add one more tomorrow

Laura

« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2010, 05:23:44 PM »

The foster coordinator has six moms with babies awaiting homes. In. her. office.

Cillaliz

« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2010, 05:24:46 PM »

Just a thought, DR Laura.  So does this mean new kitties will be arriving at your home soon?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2010, 05:24:49 PM »

Cilla, have you been following all this stuff about the 100 year Anniversary of the Titanic Sailing?  Fortunately, not on the Titanic; although originally there was talk of building a replica for the anniversary.  I keep getting e-mails telling me about all the lecturers and how few cabins are still available.  If you haven't read about it, here is the website.

http://www.titanicmemorialcruise.co.uk/

“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2010, 05:26:15 PM »

Probably so, Cillaliz.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2010, 05:35:50 PM »

Druxy, BK or other WB cognoscenti--what was the famous WB gangster film where the two childhood friends grew up to be a gangster and a D.A.?  Believe it or not, I need this info for a Chinese martial arts film I'm reviewing.  :)

I think you're thinking of MANHATTAN MELODRAMA, an MGM film that starred Gable & Bill Powell.

In WB's ANGELS WITH DIRTY FACES, Cagey became a gangster and Pat O'Brien  became a priest.
You can dream…or you can do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2010, 05:43:18 PM »

Cilla, have you been following all this stuff about the 100 year Anniversary of the Titanic Sailing?  Fortunately, not on the Titanic; although originally there was talk of building a replica for the anniversary.  I keep getting e-mails telling me about all the lecturers and how few cabins are still available.  If you haven't read about it, here is the website.

My initial thought is that it would be a bit unnerving to be on a memorial cruise for a ship that sank....but thanks for the website, it's interesting

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2010, 05:46:55 PM »

My initial thought is that it would be a bit unnerving to be on a memorial cruise for a ship that sank....but thanks for the website, it's interesting

Well, in Hawaii you have to take a boat to get to the Arizona Memorial!
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up