Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WHEN IN ROME  (Read 21961 times)

Laura

Re: WHEN IN ROME
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2010, 08:54:57 AM »

And if this were an inheritance, you would have received a copy of the will and tons of paperwork long before any payment was to be made.

And many people will fall for it.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2010, 09:16:57 AM »

I received the following e-mail:

Los Angeles Federal Credit Union (LAFCU)
201 N. Los Angeles Street, Space #201
Los Angeles, CA USA
www.lafcu.org

Ref: LAFCU|44.96|16:00 EDT|09/17/2010

Dear beneficiary

Re: Contract/Inheritance funds claims notification
We are trying to contact you to clarify and resolve the misunderstanding and problem at hand. We do not intend to send to you a scam or any sort of fraudulent email because You also need to know if you are being impersonated by the unknown, therefore, this email should not be regarded as unsolicited, as our intention is to your best interest and to protect our good image and reputation, and to maintain our leadership in professionalism.

Los Angeles Federal Credit Union (LAFCU) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. Los Angeles Federal Credit Union serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.

Be informed that we the Los Angeles Federal Credit Union (LAFCU) have received instruction to release the approved sum of Ten Million Dollars (US$10, 000, 000.00) to you, as your Contract/Inheritance fund. We have with us the entire documentation required for your payment. We shall be waiting to hear from you for the immediate payment.

After this resent approval of your contract/inheritance fund payment of $10Million to be released to you from my bank and for your immediate payment, Mr. Hancock from Washington DC contacted my bank requesting for the release of your funds in his name as your next-of-kin/beneficiary hence you are proclaimed dead. And the below are his bank account details he provided, urging my bank to transfer your fund into immediately before it is too late:

His Bank Account Details:
Bank name: Bank of America
Account No.: 9085686846
Routing No.: 54664564

Understand that our intention for contacting you is to confirm if you are dead as this man falsely said. If he is wrong, kindly provide in the below order, the required details from you to enable us update your payment document and to secure your funds so that your payment would take place without delay:

Full names:
House address:
Phone/fax:
Age/sex:
Copy of ID.

We wait hearing from you with the above details to start your payment processing. You can call me ASAP on 3232479237

yours faithfully,

Chuck Rubin
Board Chairperson,
LAFCU
Tel: 3232479237
www.lafcu.org

Now, okay, the spelling and grammar alone tell you all you need to know.  But there's a phone number attached.  Why would they do that - isn't it easy to trace?  Or is it the real phone number and those poor people are being inundated with calls?  This is obviously about identity theft and trying to get your information, but has anyone actually done this?  There must be people who have for these cretins to keep sending these out so relentlessly.  Maybe I'll call the number.

This is better than the ones I get from the "FBI".
You can dream…or you can do.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2010, 09:27:38 AM »

And the word of the day is: FULGURATE!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  I'M THE GREATEST STAR

Ben

« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2010, 09:31:02 AM »

Rain has come to the Island of Manhattan, or at least to the neighborhood of Chelsea.

Laura

« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2010, 09:34:40 AM »

Please send it here, Ben.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2010, 09:45:50 AM »

Shelly, the director of NEVER TOO LATE, is a very nice lady - BUT she is an organic blocker......."just go where ever you want and let's see what happens....."

I HATE THAT.....

Now, see here, Edith!...

...?

...oh, you're over there...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2010, 09:50:23 AM »

Finished the Backstage article, which is about casting then vs. casting now - it's basically what's in the introduction to the book - shorter, with a few more asides.  Hopefully it's what they were looking for.

Also heard back from the e-mailer who apologized and said he was confused because there was nothing on the packaging that said it was pitch-corrected.  He hadn't even opened and listened to the CD.  I told him the info is in the booklet and told him I hoped he'd enjoy it.

Laura

« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2010, 10:01:52 AM »

That's nice, BK.

Jennifer

« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2010, 10:52:34 AM »

Yeah, I like seeing some of the former contestants and how they keep getting better and better -- "growing" as they call it -- and glad they're giving them jobs -- but it does take time away from the new talent.  Mary was entertaining, even if her screaming and hot tamale antics got a little over the top at times. In comment sections on recent stories and on blogs, Mia was really getting blasted for what folks were calling her "mean-spirited" comments -- especially the week she roasted Adechike (sp). Hated to see Alex bite the dust and really hope his injury isn't a career killer -- the top two now I think are Lauren and Kent (except his facial expressions can be a bit of a turn off -- at one point they were getting on him for what they called his "jazz face" -- he really was playing to the audience that week they got on him about it). I really liked Jose early on and how he was "growing", but now his lack of training is starting to show and he's not "growing" like the others. And, yes, what is it with all the injuries this year?

I sort of liked Kent in the auditions. But now I don't care for him. He is okay. But I think he's more personality than a great dancer. I do like Lauren a lot. And I still like Jose. Even though he is out of his league. He makes me smile.

Some are saying that the injuries are because they are choreographing the dances for the all-stars who are more experienced.

I wish Mary Murphy would come back. It's funny because i've always loved mia michaels. But i just don't care for her as a permanent judge this year at all. Same for Adam Shankman. I don't like him as a permanent judge.

Jennifer

« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2010, 10:53:14 AM »

BK that is funny and stupid that he would complain before even opening the cd!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2010, 11:01:16 AM »

DR JMK I don't know if you found the answer regarding the movie for your review.  I finally figured out the Bogart movie I was thinking of:

Angels With Dirty Faces
James Cagney
Humphrey Bogart
Pat O'Brien
Year 1938

Jane

« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2010, 11:02:18 AM »

JMK there is a third film:

The Roaring Twenties - 1939

James Cagney - Humphrey Bogart - Jeff Lynn

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2010, 11:17:29 AM »

TOD:

CD: 
Bronislau Kaper at MGM Vol. 1

DVD (Blu-ray):
Black Narcissus
The Red Shoes
M
Batman box

DVD (standard):
Cloak and Dagger

DVR:  I watched "Ladies of the Jury" last night.  Edna May Oliver hauling out/testing all her mannerisms in a light comedy fare.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2010, 11:29:18 AM »

Back from a three-mile jog and shall now go have a sandwich, as I won't be able to eat again till the party after the show tonight.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2010, 11:29:50 AM »

I think I'll give the Kritzerland denizens the head's up for our new title tonight - I do think it will be a fairly quick sellout.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2010, 11:35:56 AM »

I have returned from an informative NYPL trip and I have four Herbert composiitons to proofread. After that, maybe a nap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Vibes to DR Thom! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2010, 12:12:57 PM »

DR JMK I don't know if you found the answer regarding the movie for your review.  I finally figured out the Bogart movie I was thinking of:

Angels With Dirty Faces
James Cagney
Humphrey Bogart
Pat O'Brien
Year 1938

Actually, you were describing MANHATTAN MELODRAMA (MGM).  Gable grows up to be a gangster and Bill Powell become the D.A. and, later, governor.

In ANGELS WITH DIRTY FACES, Cagney becomes a gangster & O'Brien becomes a priest.

In THE ROARING TWENTIES, we don't meet the characters until they are grown men and in the army, fighting in WW1.  After they are discharged, Cagney becomes a bootlegger and Jeffrey Lynn joins the D.A.'s office.

::)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 12:28:00 PM by Druxy »
You can dream…or you can do.

Miss Karen

« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2010, 12:40:08 PM »

Wow. Usually those emails come from Nigeria, BK. Amazing that they are portraying it as coming from the US.

One thing is clear, though -- banks do not EVER give money away.

And especially if you're dead -- best line of the scam letter: "... our intention for contacting you is to confirm if you are dead ..." Wonder what they'd do if you called them and said yes I'm dead but I still want my money cause I can take it with me ...

Miss Karen

« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2010, 12:47:44 PM »

DR Laura ~ We got somethin' this mornin' -- a nice little rain -- still lookin' monsoony, so we're hopin' for more up here in P Town this afternoon.  Stuff is heading south, so maybe the Valley will get some if it doesn't go more SW.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2010, 12:54:40 PM »

My friend Jon's audition is in another hour from now, and I hope it goes well. Keep them vibes coming!

Hope the audition went well!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2010, 12:55:43 PM »

I purchased the three "The Girl..." "Millennium" triology by Stieg Larsson yesterday.  Although I am reading the complete and unabridged  "Bruce Kimmel" at this time, I may have plenty of reading time in the next 10 weeks. My right hip, that was totally replaced in 1989, is beginning to hurt and cause me to take up using a cane. I have tentative replacement (hip revision) surgery scheduled for October 6th, so I should have plenty of reading time during the 10-12 week recovery period.

~~~Hip Vibes for DR Thom!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2010, 12:56:11 PM »

BK that is funny and stupid that he would complain before even opening the cd!

Maybe he's saving it as an investment and has no intention of ever opening it. 8)

Miss Karen

« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2010, 01:03:59 PM »

And if this were an inheritance, you would have received a copy of the will and tons of paperwork long before any payment was to be made.

And many people will fall for it.

Yep, ol' Barnum (the circus one, not our Mikey) was right ...

Laura

« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2010, 01:19:45 PM »

DR Laura ~ We got somethin' this mornin' -- a nice little rain -- still lookin' monsoony, so we're hopin' for more up here in P Town this afternoon.  Stuff is heading south, so maybe the Valley will get some if it doesn't go more SW.

Some parts of the valley got rain; we did not. Lovely cloudy breezy day today, though. Low 90s.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2010, 01:28:43 PM »

My friend Jon's audition is in another hour from now, and I hope it goes well. Keep them vibes coming!

Hope the audition went well!!

I haven't heard from him. I'll give him a call.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2010, 01:35:59 PM »

Jon says he thought it went okay, and I told him this was the weeding-out series of auditions: required for Equity and non-Equity actors who want to be seen. I rememebr several grisly days of this for THE BRAIN FROM PLANET X before BK arrived. I hope he'll get some callbacks, but we'll have to wait and see.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2010, 01:42:31 PM »

My JUGGERNAUT CD just arrived from Kritzerland!

Jane

« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2010, 01:52:11 PM »

Angels With Dirty Faces
James Cagney
Humphrey Bogart
Pat O'Brien
Year 1938

Actually, you were describing MANHATTAN MELODRAMA (MGM).  Gable grows up to be a gangster and Bill Powell become the D.A. and, later, governor.

In ANGELS WITH DIRTY FACES, Cagney becomes a gangster & O'Brien becomes a priest.

In THE ROARING TWENTIES, we don't meet the characters until they are grown men and in the army, fighting in WW1.  After they are discharged, Cagney becomes a bootlegger and Jeffrey Lynn joins the D.A.'s office.

::)

Thanks.  I thought that Angels with Bogart was a different film than the one where O'Brien becomes a priest.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2010, 01:54:14 PM »

Hey everybody. Up kinda early, but a lot has been accomplished in a short time. I was awakened early by my body telling me to eject something that wasn't agreeing with me.  This is the second time in 2 weeks.  I'm hoping most of it is taken care of and we can go on with the day as planned.  In the meantime, it will be gatorade and bananas.  Today is another jammed packed day.  A funeral in the morning, camp in the afternoon, and then a show this eve.  Tomorrow, wedding in the morning and then 2 shows.  The weekend I'm sure will fly by and before we know it, it will be Sunday evening. 

Feel better.  I hope the funeral is comforting and the rest of your weekend goes well.

Jane

« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2010, 01:54:40 PM »

Kittens have been delivered to the clinic. The adoption coordinator will pick them up, so I shan't see them again. :(

Hugs.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up