Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: NOTES IN A WHIZ BANG HURRY  (Read 18690 times)

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
Re: NOTES IN A WHIZ BANG HURRY
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2010, 09:00:58 AM »

Well, I guess I better go prepare for this Steven Sater interview - the article will be on www.FineArtsLA.com and another version on www.CultureSpotLA.com - scribble, scribble, scribble!!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2010, 09:01:32 AM »

But first - a New York Animals page 3 dance!!
PennyO

Ginny

« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2010, 09:03:12 AM »

DR Jane - you're very welcome!  I had fun picking out things at the AU bookstore that prominently said Ashland on them.

As for the Chautauqua, the Ohio Humanities Council does one each summer that tours to selected cities.  Ashland does their own and this year they collaborated with OHC.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2010, 09:04:11 AM »

Bye, DR PennyO - have a great interview!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2010, 09:04:28 AM »

Hi, Ginny! Bye, Ginny!
PennyO

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2010, 09:16:18 AM »

I had no idea that Andrew Breitbart is Orson Bean's son-in-law!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2010, 09:16:46 AM »

Does Andrew know his father-in-law had a dalliance with a Greek prostitute?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2010, 09:44:52 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Not that much sleep but what I got was cherce.  Odd dreams, but not bad ones.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2010, 09:48:37 AM »

Arnold B!!! Hello!!

Hello Penny O ! Congrats on your 3000 Millstone. My 3000 coming up soon

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2010, 09:50:30 AM »

TOD

THIS NEARLY WAS MINE

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2010, 09:54:46 AM »

TOD

Three More

SOMETHING WONDERFUL

SOMETHING GOOD

IF I LOVED YOU(The Entire Park Bench Scene)

MBarnum

« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2010, 09:54:57 AM »

What a sweet, good dog Sherlock is!

FJL

« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2010, 10:00:31 AM »

Spoo, it looked like I was here while I was on that call.

MBarnum

« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2010, 10:04:50 AM »

BK, be sure to say howdy to your neighbor Earl Holliman while you are at the Hollywood show today.

FJL

« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2010, 10:08:50 AM »

Is it a new thing that when you get someone on the phone and ask to be connected to someone in the United States, they demand to know why you need to speak to someone in the U.S.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2010, 10:11:39 AM »

I know a few people at the show today.  But I won't go there until noon, because last time there was a line and will not wait on line ever again.  But speaking of the show, Barry Pearl and I were talking about how we both loathe the new people who do it, and we're not the only ones - a presenter (not these guys) had recently asked Barry about doing a Grease-only show like this.  It didn't happen, but out of discussing that I said "Why don't you cut out the middlemen and do it yourself?"  And out of that came an idea I had many years ago to do a Broadway version of what was then the Ray Courts show.  Done with love and affection, like Ray used to do.  These new guys are crass and all about the money.  So, we began talking about doing a show where we'd get the casts of the films Grease, Sound of Music, and other musical movies, along with people like Shirley Jones and all that kind of stuff.  Make it fun and different and bring it back to the Beverly Garland, and then maybe travel it to NY and a couple of other cities.  Barry still talks to Olivia Newton-John and if he could get her to do it, we'd succeed instantly.  And I have enough favors I could call in that we'd get some great folks.  We'd even have some entertainment.  I think we could cover the cost of the room with dealer tables.  What do you think?

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2010, 10:46:11 AM »

BK, be sure to say howdy to your neighbor Earl Holliman while you are at the Hollywood show today.
Earl Holliman ran a dinner theater in San Antonio years before I moved here, but people still talk fondly about the productions they say and the stars who were featured.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2010, 10:59:17 AM »

Last night our company arrived from Portland.  We are enjoying their darling delightful 15 month old daughter.  Thankfully for me she is a lightweight and I've been able to pick her up and carry her around. 

Watching Sherlock with her makes us proud parents.

How much does she weigh? My 13 month old niece is pretty small but she must weigh 18-20 lbs. And it can be heavy!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2010, 10:59:48 AM »

DR Jane - you're very welcome!  I had fun picking out things at the AU bookstore that prominently said Ashland on them.

As for the Chautauqua, the Ohio Humanities Council does one each summer that tours to selected cities.  Ashland does their own and this year they collaborated with OHC.

I was extremely curious what could be in the envelope.  It was well sealed and I had to wait until were finally inside and I could cut it open.  I truly was a fun and delightful surprise, the best kind. :D

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2010, 11:11:34 AM »

Last night our company arrived from Portland.  We are enjoying their darling delightful 15 month old daughter.  Thankfully for me she is a lightweight and I've been able to pick her up and carry her around. 

Watching Sherlock with her makes us proud parents.

How much does she weigh? My 13 month old niece is pretty small but she must weigh 18-20 lbs. And it can be heavy!

She only weighs 20 pounds and is tall and thin distributing the weight making her easier to hold.  My left wrist, from the old break, gives out faster than my shoulder.  I'm really pleased how well I'm doing.  She is so cute she comes up and wants me to pick her up.  Right now Keith is holding her.

Ginny

« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2010, 11:37:16 AM »

Well, it only took our 8 combined college degrees, Rob's Eagle Scout and EMT-Basic, and Richard's priestly ordination, but, by golly, we got that twin bed frame assembled!

The guest room is now ready for my cousin and his nephew, who will arrive this evening from Georgia.  Rob is cleaning the upstairs bathroom - I told him the standard is to pretend that he's trying to get back his full security deposit!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 11:39:11 AM by Ginny »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2010, 12:28:50 PM »

It took me over three hours, but all of full scores and vocal scores filed by composer on the shelves has been moved about and all the McGlinnventory scores integrated. I am very happy with the shelves, but my apartment is a complete mess at the moment. I also have to go to Staples and buy a new desk lamp since the one I had got broken during the move.

Thank God it's accomplished without breaking more, like the tv or my limbs.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2010, 01:08:23 PM »

Sounds like you've been busy today, too, DR Elmore!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2010, 01:29:32 PM »

Back from the Hollywood Show and my idea is looking better and better - wish some of you would comment on it.  The show is a disaster - the worst attended show I've ever seen in all my years of going.  Most of my dealer pals weren't there, as these people were stupid enough to go up against ComicCon.  Every major celeb cancelled, including Celeste Holm and Angie Dickinson.  There were some interesting folks there, but no one, not a one of them, had a line, and the room seemed barren and empty.  Of course, the people who run the show were nowhere to be seen.  I was there all of about thirty-five minutes. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2010, 01:30:38 PM »

I think I'm going to have my car detailed whilst I lunch at Hugo's.  I'm really not in the mood to jog today and since I've jogged fourteen days in a row, I'm not too concerned.  Also, it's at least a mile and a half from the car wash to Hugo's so that's three miles of brisk walking that I'll do.

Laura

« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2010, 01:31:22 PM »

So, I filled out our census form promptly and put it in the mail right away, as a good citizen should. So what reward do I get for that? A letter from the Census Bureau saying they will be sending some other census that by law I am required to fill out. Ppppplllllllt!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2010, 01:41:13 PM »

Dang. That is a 14-page form, asking many personal questions that I do not wish to answer.

Ginny

« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2010, 01:50:58 PM »

Since they had both prompted me earlier in the week, as soon as I had the August 3 speaker lined up for the grantwriters' group, I sent the info to the webmaster, who was in a "hurry" to get the info on the website, and to the secretary, who was in a "hurry" to get the notice emailed.  They've both had the info for 48+ hours and guess what's NOT yet on the website and what notice has yet to turn up in my email.  Is. It. December. Yet?

Laura

« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2010, 02:08:11 PM »

This morning I took my camera for a walk, and this is what it saw:

JMK

« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2010, 02:54:34 PM »

I am once again defending you against the idiots on the A&M Board, Bruce.  You may thank me later.  :)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up