Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: NOTES IN A WHIZ BANG HURRY  (Read 18705 times)

Cillaliz

Re: NOTES IN A WHIZ BANG HURRY
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2010, 03:12:05 PM »

Whew!  I have been working non-stop since I got up this morning, but I do believe I am ready for my guests.  One group called and they should be here in about 45 minutes.  The other called and they should be here at about the same time.  They all said 4:00, but I didn't think it would really be 4:00.  I guessed 6:00 and am glad I did.  This means I'll have 30-45 minutes to relax before they all start arriving.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2010, 03:13:57 PM »

So, I walked to my local Staples two blocks away. A walk two blocks in this heat should count as a week crossing the Sahara. Of course the damned store, as is usual when I walk there for something, was out of stock, so I had to walk back. In the heat. Again. Empty-handed.

This is why I usually order online now and have it delivered. All these moronic store piss and moan because their sales are dropping. Well, duh, maybe it's because nothing's ever in stock and your clerks are misinformed and/or lazy? According to the Staples.com site, it's in stock at 86th and Lexington so I'll take the crosstown bus tomorrow morning. Damn!

BK, I have no opinion to offer or I would.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 03:46:04 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2010, 03:14:10 PM »

I didn't get everything cleaned that I wanted to, but the outside is great and the basement and main floor are just fine.  After they leave it will be really easy to finish everything up...although I now have to paint the gazebo and the deck, but I will be in good shape to finally start entertaining.   This is really trial by fire.  LOL

Cillaliz

« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2010, 03:15:17 PM »

Speaking of trial by fire, one of the things I didn't get done was getting the grill ready for them to use.  Carrie had asked me to, but it just didn't happen.  I figure if they want to use it, we can clean it up and maybe run and get a new tank of gas.  I'm just not going to worry about it

Cillaliz

« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2010, 03:16:32 PM »

I did get a case of beer, in case any friends stop before they get here, and a couple cases of a variety of soft drinks.  And a few munchies, but just chex mix type stuff.  They didnt' want me to have food for them, but it seems a bit strange not to.   

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2010, 03:16:52 PM »

My copyist Jonathan just got scammed via his email, and the creep who scammed him sent this lovely message:

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes,my family and I came down here to
London,United Kingdom for a short vacation, unfortunately we were mugged
at the park of the hotel where we stayed ,all cash,credit card and cell
were stolen off us but luckily for us we still have our passports with
us.We've been to the embassy and the Police here but
they're not helpingissues at all,ill,Please reply me back and let me
know if you can havethe money wire to me through western union i promise
to pay back as soon as i get back home.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2010, 03:16:55 PM »

Speaking of that, I shoud get something to eat before they come so I can drink some beer with them!

Cillaliz

« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2010, 03:18:50 PM »

I didn't go downtown for the festivities this afternoon.  Paul and I went to breakfast before 8:00 AM and it was already a zoo down there.  I'm not sure where you would park, they have about 6 blocks blocked off for the party. The food smelled fabu, but it was still early morning and they weren't open yet

Laura

« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2010, 03:20:49 PM »

Did he send money, Elmore?

I got a similar email from a friend, but I knew she would never ask me for money. She was furious to find out her email had been hacked. It was a yahoo address.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Cillaliz

« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2010, 03:21:26 PM »

I'll be E and T most likely until tomorrow after the crew leaves.  I will take photos and plan to have a very good time.  Still not feeling 100%, but I'm very excited and really don't care.   The girls were funny today.  They have been in my bedroom all day with the door open.  About 4:00 I put their food etc in there and closed the door, they suddenly didn't want to be in there anymore, lol.   I put them in early so they could be calm when the crew arrives and there wouldn't be a chance of them getting out....there is a sign on the door, even though I'm asking people not to go upstairs...  Better go....Laters!!!! woo hoo it's finally today!!

Laura

« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2010, 03:21:37 PM »

I hope you have a great time with your guests today, Cillaliz. How is the weather looking?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2010, 03:47:44 PM »

Did he send money, Elmore?

I got a similar email from a friend, but I knew she would never ask me for money. She was furious to find out her email had been hacked. It was a yahoo address.

No, the scammer sent it to everyone on Jonathan's email list using his email address so we'd think it was from Jonathan. I guess if you wrote back and asked where to send the money, the scammer would give you an address. Jonathan says he cannot get into his email account now.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2010, 03:52:47 PM »

Back from the Hollywood Show and my idea is looking better and better - wish some of you would comment on it.  The show is a disaster - the worst attended show I've ever seen in all my years of going.  Most of my dealer pals weren't there, as these people were stupid enough to go up against ComicCon.  Every major celeb cancelled, including Celeste Holm and Angie Dickinson.  There were some interesting folks there, but no one, not a one of them, had a line, and the room seemed barren and empty.  Of course, the people who run the show were nowhere to be seen.  I was there all of about thirty-five minutes. 

I thought  that was kind of dumb, going up against ComicCon.
You can dream…or you can do.

Laura

« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2010, 03:54:57 PM »

That's because the hacker changed his password. Is it a yahoo account?

Laura

« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2010, 03:56:11 PM »

Tell him to send out word through Facebook not to answer the email. That might catch a few of the people.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2010, 04:05:45 PM »

Jmk can you send a link?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2010, 04:06:37 PM »

That's because the hacker changed his password. Is it a yahoo account?

gmail.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2010, 04:07:06 PM »

Lunched at hugo's walked four brisk miles and am waiting for detailing to be done

td

• td
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2010, 04:13:03 PM »

I'm venturing out tonight to see INCEPTION with a friend from work.
Dixie and I braved the heat and humidity twice today for little walks - she knows when she's had enough of this heat! - and I took a trip to the library.
Other than that, it's been a quiet, cool day in the air conditioning.
I'll also do a bit of Borders' shopping with my coupon which is better than my employee discount.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Ginny

« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2010, 04:15:16 PM »

Went to the bank and the grocery store, put away all the groceries, and guess what STILL isn't on the website or in my email.  Sometimes volunteer work just isn't worth it.

Anyway, my cousin and his nephew are at my aunt's and will be here in about an hour.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2010, 04:28:41 PM »

One of my colleagues on the Herbert song project and the McGlinnventory dirves me crazy! He's a great pianist and very talented, but he gets excited about things, jumps the gun, and screws up everything. He's on a tear right now and, no matter how I try to calm things down and be logical about progressing with things, he's like an antsy kid who's got to go potty. He behaved tis way in March about getting music to singers and drove me crazy, and now he's carrying on about lettign a conductor come in and look at the partially inventoried scores and books.

If he'd spend some of that energy at the inventory taking some initiative I'd be a lot happier.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2010, 04:34:29 PM »

It's a scorcher today.  Motor car looks like new and is now in the garage.  I am now in the home environment.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2010, 04:43:57 PM »

Elmore, do you have Blu-ray yet?  If so, you must, must, must pick up the new Farao audio BD of Missa Solemnis.  It's amazing!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2010, 04:46:46 PM »

Back from the Hollywood Show and my idea is looking better and better - wish some of you would comment on it.  The show is a disaster - the worst attended show I've ever seen in all my years of going.  Most of my dealer pals weren't there, as these people were stupid enough to go up against ComicCon.  Every major celeb cancelled, including Celeste Holm and Angie Dickinson.  There were some interesting folks there, but no one, not a one of them, had a line, and the room seemed barren and empty.  Of course, the people who run the show were nowhere to be seen.  I was there all of about thirty-five minutes. 

Sorry, BK, I was out of the house most of the day, or I would have commented sooner.  I think a Broadway-style (or musical-style) show would be a wonderful idea.  You might remember that a former HHW poster and I discussed with you the idea of doing a Broadway show in New York.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 05:03:01 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2010, 04:51:55 PM »

As always, Laura, incredible photos.  I loved that butterfly.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2010, 04:54:04 PM »

Maybe we need to put together a coffee-table book of HHW's photographs.  Laura could do nature photos, Jose could do monkey photos, and MBarnum could do nursing home photos.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2010, 04:56:12 PM »

Sorry, BK, I was out of the house most of the day, or I would have commented sooner.  I think a Broadway-style (or musical-style) show would be a wonderful idea.  You might remember that a former HHE poster and I discussed with you the idea of doing a Broadway show in New York.

I not only remember, it was the basis for this first conversation - that we'd talked about doing it.  Now is the right time, I think - with so many people, both fans and celebs, disgusted with the crass sideshow atmosphere since these new people took over.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2010, 04:57:13 PM »

So, I walked to my local Staples two blocks away. A walk two blocks in this heat should count as a week crossing the Sahara. Of course the damned store, as is usual when I walk there for something, was out of stock, so I had to walk back. In the heat. Again. Empty-handed.

This is why I usually order online now and have it delivered. All these moronic store piss and moan because their sales are dropping. Well, duh, maybe it's because nothing's ever in stock and your clerks are misinformed and/or lazy? According to the Staples.com site, it's in stock at 86th and Lexington so I'll take the crosstown bus tomorrow morning. Damn!

BK, I have no opinion to offer or I would.

El, why don't you phone the store tomorrow before you go.  I have checked availability on line for several stores, but found that in reality they were out of stock.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2010, 05:04:49 PM »

Finally, here's me with the two stepsisters - Ann Myers on the left and Dana Shaw on the right.

I like this photo of you very much. :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2010, 05:05:11 PM »

Sorry, BK, I was out of the house most of the day, or I would have commented sooner.  I think a Broadway-style (or musical-style) show would be a wonderful idea.  You might remember that a former HHE poster and I discussed with you the idea of doing a Broadway show in New York.

I not only remember, it was the basis for this first conversation - that we'd talked about doing it.  Now is the right time, I think - with so many people, both fans and celebs, disgusted with the crass sideshow atmosphere since these new people took over.

BK, if there is anything I can do to help (long distance) let me know.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up