News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: FLOSS  (Read 21439 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
FLOSS
« on: July 24, 2010, 11:49:23 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes sucked air, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently doing Steam Heat with choreography by Bob Flossie.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: FLOSS
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 11:50:27 PM »

And the word of the day is: MORGANATIC!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 11:51:29 PM »

And now - Dino at the piano.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 11:51:43 PM »

Perhaps Dino will get me off this damn page.

Cillaliz

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 04:15:09 AM »

First after BK!! Not sure if I've ever done that

Cillaliz

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 04:16:03 AM »

I had a lot of fun last night, unfortunately I coughed ALL NIGHT.  I hope I didn't keep anyone awake. I know it didn't bother one of the guys in the back yard because I could hear him snoring lol.

Cillaliz

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 04:17:50 AM »

So, I am pretty tired.  actually even if I hadn't been coughing, I wasn't sleepy after such an exciting day. Plus the cats didn't sleep a wink running from window to window looking at the strange things in the yard, lol.  I did just realize the only coffee maker I have now is a single cup coffee maker.  I guess I could make everyone a cup, but not sure that's so practical.  I wish I had brought the one from the office home. It would be nice to be able to give them coffee
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 04:33:10 AM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 04:36:26 AM »

This is the back of the Team DLO shirts.

Cillaliz

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 04:38:45 AM »

Going to the festivites

Cillaliz

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 04:39:18 AM »

Settign up camp

Cillaliz

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 04:39:58 AM »

Setting up camp

Cillaliz

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 04:44:08 AM »

I'll post a few more later.  THink I'll see what's happening

Cillaliz

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2010, 04:46:50 AM »

There are 25 people staying here right now.  The men camped, the women slept in the basement on the floor in sleeping bags....glad I cleaned the carpet.  The funny thing is, I spent all that time getting everything ready and only one guy stayed here in the evening while the rest of us went downtown. It's ok, though, everything is still nice and it was fun....oh, and one guy slept in the gazebo on the floor, another slept in the hammock. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 04:47:47 AM »

Everyone loves my house.   The very first comment was "Wow! You live in a castle!"

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2010, 04:59:26 AM »

Morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2010, 04:59:41 AM »

Great photos, Cillaliz!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2010, 05:00:01 AM »

Great review on Playbill.com, BK.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2010, 05:00:58 AM »

Very tired this morning. Maybe too much beer last night, but I'm not hung over. Just exhausted.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2010, 05:05:46 AM »

Der Brucer's comment on the American Census Form: I've yet to run into a piss-ant government bureaucrat I couldn't out last - lots of tricks can help: mark the form "deceased" and return; shred the form and return; refuse to understand any phone questions; personal encounters at the door can usually be handled by refusing to recognize any proferred ID and by drawing on years of salty naval lingo to discuss the interviewer's personal hygiene habits. I always give my adversary a first chance to avoid the abuse by simply stating "No - Go Away, Now!"

Unfortunately, Laura's church-going civility probably precludes these tactics.

der Brucer

My response: I, too, go to church, but I don't have a problem with any of those, though I find writing "won't answer" or "none of your biz" to be more effective than the naval lingo. (I've been known to make sailors blush with my own argot.)
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2010, 06:07:32 AM »

Sunday morning greetings!  Fr. Richard left for Lima at the usual time and I went back to sleep for an hour or so.  All the guys on the second floor are still asleep and it's raining.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2010, 06:08:37 AM »

It looks like both DR Cillaliz and DR JohnG had a great time yesterday - thanks for the photos!

And, BK - wonderful write-up on playbill.com!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2010, 06:13:47 AM »

Enjoyed the photos from DR CILLA LIZ and DR JOHNG......looks like Saturday was a fun day!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2010, 06:14:12 AM »

Now Firefox and Norton is giving me a warning about HHW.....I hate Norton.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2010, 06:14:28 AM »

Enjoyed the article at the link posted by MR BK.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2010, 06:32:29 AM »

THE AWFUL TRUTH is on TCM this morning.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2010, 06:45:18 AM »

Good morning, all! I think I will make the trek across 86th to Lexington Avenue and see if the Staples there has the damned lamp. If not, it will be good to get out of the apartment for a bit and check out the store on the East Side. If they have the lamp, I'll be in and out quickly.

In last night's most peculiar dream, I was singing in a recital with three other people - Steve Sondheim and the lady who runs the NY State Theatre Institute were in the audience - and then I was camping out in a hotel room with four other guys - one of them was a colleague from the Herbert-Kern project - and I was later participating in a vegetable soup-making competition. What prompts these? Why can't I have a hot erotic dream?

After all the mess I made in the apartment yesterday, I need to vacuum and tidy up. I'll do that after I return with the lamp. Then I have some writing to do concerning Ed Waters of the Library of Congress and his cataloging of the Victor Herbert Collection.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2010, 06:48:11 AM »

I despise Norton. What used to be an excellent piece of software has become a bloated piece of crap!!!

I use one of the free anti-virus programs called Avast. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of Norton or McAfee or the other paid programs but it works for me and it doesn't slow down my system or give me weird messages.

You can download the program here. There are paid versions of Avast but the free version is clearly marked. You do need to register to get the free activation key, which is good for 2 years but you don't get spam or other mail from Avast. If you can remove the piece of crap Norton and install this you might be happier.

Avast

Ben

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2010, 06:50:53 AM »

Anthony left this morning for two weeks in Annapolis, MD. He will be doing The Fantasticks (playing Luisa's father Bellomy). In the interim I will continue going to work, pay a visit to dear Larry (next Friday we will watch The Beggar's Opera) and I will deliver two CDs to Larry of the marvelous Joan Morris and her piano master husband William Bolcom.

Today the first Target store officially opens in Manhattan at East 116th Street. Even though it's a furnace outside I may take the trek up there to see what's going on.

Ben

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2010, 06:52:43 AM »

Cil, my sister is in Iowa this weekend with her grandaughter and our nephew. The other grandmother lives in Iowa (I forget where but I don't think it's SUX) and they are visiting specifically to see the whole Bike festival.

FJL

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2010, 06:54:53 AM »

Trying to catch up little by little.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up