Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE RAINBOW CONNECTION  (Read 15888 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: THE RAINBOW CONNECTION
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2010, 08:52:14 AM »

Back from a rewarding trip about town. I've got some proofreading from Joshie to begin.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2010, 09:01:57 AM »

Bruceleh, were your ears burning last night?  It's very hard to tell when he's joking and when he's not, but Jon Stewart returned to THE DAILY SHOW after his 2 week vacation last night sporting a goatee and said it's because there's a sequel to THE FACULTY filming.  ;)  Of course he went on to say the truth is he's actually a snow monkey, so I just don't know what to believe.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2010, 09:02:14 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - I was so overtired last night I couldn't get to sleep.  So, now I'm REALLY overtired.

JMK

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2010, 09:02:51 AM »

Druxy, actually the L.A. "Helpers" (if you catch my drift) have been at least as unhelpful as the NYC "Helpers".  All I can say is if they don't send review product, it ain't getting reviewed.  ;)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2010, 09:04:44 AM »

Elmore, re:  "I meant to do that".

True story:  I was driving to a gig one night, coming down one of Portland's most iconic streets, Vista Drive, which is a very steep hill with hairpin turns.  An elderly woman had JUST crashed on one of them, going through a guardrail and coming precipitously close to going over the edge.  As I drove up, she had her driver's door open (the hood was smashed and the car was smoking).  People were running toward her.  She had one foot on the road and the other was still in the car.  And she was screaming in a very loud, old lady voice:  "I MEANT TO DO THAT, I MEANT TO DO THAT!"  I was laughing so hard *I* almost crashed.  :)

MBarnum

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2010, 09:07:05 AM »

I can only think of one Rainbow song.

MBarnum

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2010, 09:07:26 AM »

BK, your celeb show sounds wonderful!

MBarnum

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2010, 09:08:02 AM »

In 30 minutes I shall trot down to the hair cutting place and get my hair cut.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2010, 09:15:12 AM »

Druxy, actually the L.A. "Helpers" (if you catch my drift) have been at least as unhelpful as the NYC "Helpers".  All I can say is if they don't send review product, it ain't getting reviewed.  ;)

When I was doing my DVD newsletter, the L.A. branch sent me everything I requested.

However, I think that the cutback is due to the studios, not the PR agency.  Paramount, Universal & Fox have all gotten very stingy with review product.
You can dream…or you can do.

JMK

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2010, 09:18:44 AM »

When I was doing my DVD newsletter, the L.A. branch sent me everything I requested.

However, I think that the cutback is due to the studios, not the PR agency.  Paramount, Universal & Fox have all gotten very stingy with review product.

No, these are smaller, indie firms who WANT their product reviewed.  The "Helpers" first told me screeners were coming, and then backtracked, saying supplies were "limited."  If they want to "limit" their product from by far the largest high-def site out there, it seems at the very least counter-intuitive to what a PR firm is supposed to accomplish.  :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2010, 09:22:39 AM »

Had a nice amount of orders this morning.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2010, 09:23:53 AM »

No, these are smaller, indie firms who WANT their product reviewed.  The "Helpers" first told me screeners were coming, and then backtracked, saying supplies were "limited."  If they want to "limit" their product from by far the largest high-def site out there, it seems at the very least counter-intuitive to what a PR firm is supposed to accomplish.  :)

I'm not trying to defend them, but I'm sure that if they had the product that they would send it to you.  I really think that even the smaller studios are cutting back on review copies and insisting that they only go to the MAJOR media outlets.
You can dream…or you can do.

JMK

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2010, 09:27:51 AM »

I'm not trying to defend them, but I'm sure that if they had the product that they would send it to you.  I really think that even the smaller studios are cutting back on review copies and insisting that they only go to the MAJOR media outlets.

Actually the DO have the product, that's the point.  I made a little call to one of the studios yesterday.  They're NOT pleased with the "Helpers."  It's just an unprofessional rep, that's all.  I'm simply generalizing out to the entire firm, LOL.  :)

JMK

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2010, 09:41:03 AM »

I guess BK is phoning David Wechter about THE FACULTY sequel.  :)

JMK

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2010, 10:03:56 AM »

I guess EVERYONE is phoning David Wechter about THE FACULTY sequel.

td

• td
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2010, 10:45:07 AM »

Had a nice amount of orders this morning.

Has Betty Lynn ordered hers?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2010, 11:18:12 AM »

If you would like to vote for our Bookstore in the A List competition - click on the link and scroll down to World of Wisdom.

Done and good luck!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2010, 11:19:51 AM »

TOD:

I'm Always Chasing Rainbows
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2010, 11:20:59 AM »

iam aleady dreadingtoday

I am conducting a pity party for myself  - poor , pitiful me

oh well this too shall pass

Let A Smile Be Your Umbrella, vixmom!

Gray skies are gonna clear up
Put on a happy face!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2010, 11:22:53 AM »

Thank you DR's Vixmom, JohnG, & JRand.  Sherlock seems to be resting somewhat comfortably today.  The pain meds make him sleepy.  Best of all he hasn't bothered with his tail at all.  Keith and I are taking turns watching him.

Jane

« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2010, 11:25:32 AM »

DR Vixmom, selling the Parsonage Front vibes!

I hope you enjoyed your pity party and feel better.  How can you not after DR Ron sang to you?:)

Jane

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2010, 11:25:55 AM »

Ginny how is your water today?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2010, 12:38:21 PM »

My friend Mary Sugar posted some contemporary music terms on the Castrecl yesterday:
ALLREGRETTO: When you're 16 measures into the piece and realize you took too fast a tempo

ANGUS DEI: To play with a divinely beefy tone

A PATELLA: Accompanied by knee-slapping

APPOLOGGIATURA: A composition that you regret playing

APPROXIMATURA: A series of notes not intended by the composer, yet played with an "I meant to do that" attitude

APPROXIMENTO: A musical entrance that is somewhere in the vicinity of the correct pitch

CACOUGHANY: A composition incorporating many people with chest colds

CORAL SYMPHONY: A large, multi-movement work from Beethoven's Caribbean Period

DILL PICCOLINI: An exceedingly small wind instrument that plays only sour notes

FERMANTRA: A note held over and over and over and over and . . .

FERMOOTA: A note of dubious value held for indefinite length

FIDDLER CRABS: Grumpy string players

FLUTE FLIES: Those tiny mosquitoes that bother musicians on outdoor gigs

FRUGALHORN: A sensible and inexpensive brass instrument

GAUL BLATTER: A French horn player

GREGORIAN CHAMP: The title bestowed upon the monk who can hold a note the longest

GROUND HOG: Someone who takes control of the repeated bassline and won't let anyone else play it

PLACEBO DOMINGO: A faux tenor

SCHMALZANDO: A sudden burst of music from the Guy Lombardo band

THE RIGHT OF STRINGS: Manifesto of the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Violists

SPRITZICATO: An indication to string instruments to produce a bright and bubbly sound

TEMPO TANTRUM: What an elementary school orchestra is having when it's not following the conductor (also common in municipal bands and community orchestras)

TROUBLE CLEF: Any clef one can't read: e.g., alto clef for pianists

These are hysterical!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2010, 12:41:51 PM »

Almost finished with addressing and postaging - have dropped off some post cards to the Burbank Library but they'd already done a terrific flyer, so we're covered.  Put gas in the motor car.  Someone sent me about fifty booklets from CDs I've produced and asked me to sign them, so I did.

George

« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2010, 12:43:41 PM »

If you would like to vote for our Bookstore in the A List competition - click on the link and scroll down to World of Wisdom.

If you voted last year, your email and password should work.  OR vote and send an email/password combination - then click on the link in the confirmation email you will receive.

It will be MOST appreciated.

http://wrtv.cityvoter.com/contests/best-of-theindychannel-com-a-list/4774/shopping/bookstore

I registered and voted!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2010, 12:44:25 PM »

healing vibes for Sherlock, that his tail shall wag once again, without any pain.

Jane

« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2010, 12:55:08 PM »

Thank you DR MBarnum.  How are you doing?  Are the days/nights getting more difficult before getting better?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2010, 12:57:17 PM »

If you voted last year, your email and password should work.  OR vote and send an email/password combination - then click on the link in the confirmation email you will receive.

It will be MOST appreciated.

http://wrtv.cityvoter.com/contests/best-of-theindychannel-com-a-list/4774/shopping/bookstore

VOTED!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2010, 01:26:47 PM »

I'm sitting here looking at the original sheet music for "There's a Rainbow Round My Shoulder," personally signed by Al Jolson.

Wow!  That's pretty darned cool!

George

« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2010, 01:27:59 PM »

And since we're so close...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up