Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: ENERGIZED  (Read 18590 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: ENERGIZED
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2010, 11:42:59 AM »

Well actually both of the LP's were 69 cents each.....but the Perez Prado cover will look better onstage....

And they both sound pretty good!

Congrats on your great deal!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2010, 11:45:27 AM »

DR ELMORE - the Dream-O-Matic 6000 says that you believe that all super talented people come from your home state, but that MOST of them leave it as quickly as possible.

DR JRand59, while I value and appreciate much wisdom from the Dream-O-Matic 6000, I'm not sure I agree on this one. DR Ginny is one of the most talented people I know and she's still there! I still don't know from what part of my subconscious came Jackie Gleason!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2010, 12:30:39 PM »

DR JANE - you can vote as many times as you have a different email address - you just have to join again.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2010, 12:31:14 PM »

That's why Dream-O-Matic 6000 said "MOST" leave.......

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2010, 12:37:19 PM »

Re: The HHW discussion concerning one word sentences.

Like. This. Example.

Well, It seems some writers are not loathe to use two or three  word sentences!

Example:

“I acted. I wrote. I made movies. I wrote songs. I sang.”

These sentiments could be most efficiently stated as:

“I acted, wrote, made movies, wrote songs and sang.”

You could punch it up a bit with:

“I acted; I wrote; I made made moves; I wrote songs; I sang.”

You could take it over the top with:

“I acted! I wrote! I made made moves! I wrote songs! I sang!”

But the simple stand-alone declarative sentences seem to have just the right amount of emphasis – or so the writer thought.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2010, 12:57:01 PM »

Off to work on lines....and then to rehearsal.

Jane

« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2010, 01:12:45 PM »

DR JANE - you can vote as many times as you have a different email address - you just have to join again.

I voted with a second address & was wondering if I could vote twice, on different days, with each address.  Often that is the case.

Ginny

« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2010, 01:14:52 PM »

DR ELMORE - the Dream-O-Matic 6000 says that you believe that all super talented people come from your home state, but that MOST of them leave it as quickly as possible.

DR JRand59, while I value and appreciate much wisdom from the Dream-O-Matic 6000, I'm not sure I agree on this one. DR Ginny is one of the most talented people I know and she's still there! I still don't know from what part of my subconscious came Jackie Gleason!

DR Elmore  :-* <blush>

And, DR JRand - remember, I'm not FROM DR Elmore's home state, I emigrated here.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DERBRUCER

« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2010, 01:16:28 PM »

Having fun with health!

I got my Lipid panel results:

LDL (bad) – 54 (down) – 36% improvement over 4 months (61 % over 9)
HDL (good) – 37 – no change
Triglycerides – 157 – 22% improvement over 4 months (46% over 9)

Generally pretty good considering I am only taking a generic Statin and have made only modest diet changes. We agreed to increase the daily Fish Oil pills to 2 (the normal dosage).

At my nudging, we reduced my Beta blockers by half (again).

I did mention some academic concerns concerning future health problems. I pointed that when I was diagnosed with full-blown AIDS 16 years ago I assumed I would never live to see 60 – but now that 72 approaches, I might want to look at some other issues. Since I have CAD, it would seem I would be at higher risk for other arterial complications (I do worry about strokes). He agreed and suggested that since Medicare now considers me a high-risk patient, we could do some other preventative diagnostic tests. So, I am now scheduled for:

Echocardiogram  - Ultra sound of the heart to check for possible valve degradation

Carotid Duplex Exam – ultrasound of carotid arteries to check for blood flow to the brain

Abdominal Aorta Ultra Sound – to check for aneurysms

(All scheduled in the same place in the same morning)

Frankly, I'm glad I nudged the Cardiologists a bit, and I think he is more comfortable ordering the tests knowing that I am unlikely to over-react to any results.

The biggest stress part of the test day will be no morning coffee and pastry – but life is filled with sacrifice.

der Brucer

Jane

« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2010, 01:35:42 PM »

All good news der Brucer. :D

How much is each fish oil pill.  I've begun taking 1200 a day, when Keith reminds me.  I didn't realize it is also good for triglycerides which have always had a tendency to run a little bit high or high normal.

Ginny I just read fish oil can help reduce clots.

Jennifer

« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2010, 01:41:22 PM »

DR Jane, you had asked me to tell if I read Lisa Gardner's THE NEIGHBOR. I am reading it now. So far I like it a lot.  It is about a woman police detective.  I will let you know after I finish it. Because sometimes the endings can suck.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2010, 01:41:59 PM »

How much is each fish oil pill.  I've begun taking 1200 a day, when Keith reminds me.  I didn't realize it is also good for triglycerides which have always had a tendency to run a little bit high or high normal.

Each soft-gell is 1000mg (the Doc says he thinks they're the best OTC supplement to lower triglycerides).

Jane

« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2010, 01:42:28 PM »

While I was hiking this morning Keith noticed Sherlock's tail was bleeding so he moved the recheck appointment up a few hours.  The vet said it looks excellent and better than she expected.  Keith said it didn't look bad at all.

The vet was very impressed Keith told Sherlock to settle and down on his side he went and stayed there until she was done changing his bandage.  She kept saying he is the best dog, exactly what the vet tech kept repeating on Friday when she easily drew blood from his front leg.

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2010, 01:48:41 PM »

All good news der Brucer. :D...

It certainly is!

...Ginny I just read fish oil can help reduce clots.

Yes, DR Jane, I'm on Lovaza, 2 capsules with breakfast & 2 with dinner.  They're huge and it took me a while to be able to take the full dosage.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2010, 01:54:05 PM »

Each soft-gell is 1000mg (the Doc says he thinks they're the best OTC supplement to lower triglycerides).

Thanks.  Do you take them at separate times or at once? 

Jane

« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2010, 01:58:19 PM »

All good news der Brucer. :D...

It certainly is!

...Ginny I just read fish oil can help reduce clots.

Yes, DR Jane, I'm on Lovaza, 2 capsules with breakfast & 2 with dinner.  They're huge and it took me a while to be able to take the full dosage.

Same with the ones I take.  I do it sometime after dinner and hope I never need more than the one a day.  I'm not sure I could handle it.

Did you go on this for clots or cholesterol & triglycerides?

Ginny

« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2010, 02:01:03 PM »

More for cholesterol and I was concerned about the interaction between the fish oil and the blood thinners.  Our doctor said all these meds had been to diversity training and get along fine.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2010, 02:07:57 PM »

I just had two great Kritzerland projects approved - major stuff for me, one is one of my only remaining Holy Grails and, for me, one of the best film scores ever written.  I'll probably press 1500 of it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2010, 02:09:51 PM »

Also, I had a terrific lunch meeting, which may finally result in something I would be so excited about doing - for next Spring - a show. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2010, 02:10:05 PM »

Otherwise, get me off this damn page.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2010, 02:14:00 PM »

I just had two great Kritzerland projects approved - major stuff for me, one is one of my only remaining Holy Grails and, for me, one of the best film scores ever written.  I'll probably press 1500 of it.

Exciting news, BK!  Can't wait to find out what they are!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2010, 02:26:38 PM »

More for cholesterol and I was concerned about the interaction between the fish oil and the blood thinners.  Our doctor said all these meds had been to diversity training and get along fine.

;D

Jane

« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2010, 02:26:56 PM »

:)

Jane

« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2010, 02:27:22 PM »

Also, I had a terrific lunch meeting, which may finally result in something I would be so excited about doing - for next Spring - a show. 

GOOD VIBES!!

MBarnum

« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2010, 02:45:10 PM »

Good news BK! Whatever it is!

MBarnum

« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2010, 02:49:15 PM »

And speaking of Good News, did anyone else have something at school called THE GOOD NEWS CLUB?

As I recall it was some sort of Christian thing that kids could get out of class to attend. It was available at my grade school when I was going there. I did not attend, and don't recall ever having the desire to do so. In fact I seem to remember being sort of creeped out by it. But I don't know what I did while others attended. Maybe us pagans were sent to the library.

It seems odd that something like that would be in a public grade school...but then we did have to pray to Jesus every morning in my 5th and 6th grade class.

I don't think the Medford school district of the 1970s believed in separation of church and state.

MBarnum

« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2010, 02:52:30 PM »

Ooh. Just remembered that a girl in my 5th/6th grade class, who was of some religion that did not pray to Jesus, was made to stand outside the class room each morning while the rest of us prayed.

She was often ridiculed by the other students, as I recall.

I find that to be a disturbing memory, now.

Jane

« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2010, 02:57:56 PM »

MBarnum I find it shocking you prayed to Jesus as part of your regular class program.  I looked up The Good News Club and it still exists globally.  I couldn't find it locally. :)

Twelve years ago, before moving here, we had a teenage neighbor who warned me the area was very prejudice.  A nice Mexican Jew with a sweet rottweiler we would often meet on the path and walk the dogs together.  He had family in Medford and the combination of Mexican & Jewish was a double whammy for him.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2010, 02:58:40 PM »

Ooh. Just remembered that a girl in my 5th/6th grade class, who was of some religion that did not pray to Jesus, was made to stand outside the class room each morning while the rest of us prayed.

She was often ridiculed by the other students, as I recall.

I find that to be a disturbing memory, now.

That is sad & disturbing.

Jane

« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2010, 03:03:05 PM »

In Pennsylvania only once was I on time for parent's night.  After the shock of a minister opening the gathering with a prayer I arrived late to the activities.  I was told they alternated the religious group every year and one year they even had a rabbi.  I never saw a rabbi in the years we were there and it wouldn't have mattered.  I would only have been less bothered by it. 

I handled the change, just before our time, from morning prayers to a moment of silence.  I figured that was a fair compromise.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up