Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: WEB TV  (Read 19223 times)

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
Re: WEB TV
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2010, 05:52:08 AM »

Good morning, all! After DR Ben left, I tidied up and headed off to bed, where I lay awake in the dark for a very long time unable to sleep. I finally passed out but I slept fitfully with dreams I can no longer rememember. I would have slept longer, but I had to be up early to call Ron Raines before he boards his flight for the week cruise he's on. I wanted to check on the HANSEL & GRETEL production, hear how Charlotte is doing in the Berkshires, and wish him a safe trip.

Speaking of Ron, DR TCB, I did indeed loathe TITANIC on Broadway: it had a dreadful set, a horrid book, and a good cast including my friends Judy Blazer, Don Stephenson, and David Garrison. I remember some of the score as being quite beautiful - Maury Yeston is a good writer - and I remember phoning Jonathan Tunick to tell him how fantastic the orchestrations were the day after I saw the show (the day after its opening when it received tepid reviews) but I cannot separate the score and my wish to hear it again from a production I detested. I stll believe the show succeeded because of the success at the same time of the James Cameron film and because its Tony Award performance made it look much better than it actually was.

DR JRand59, I gather you have a problem with the Indianapolis Symphony? What's it all about, Alfy?

TOD: I'm pursuing my collectibles project, but if I had all the money I needed, I'd be pulling a John McGlinn and buying complete editions of the composers I liked - there's this New Johnann Strauss Edition I've been eyeign, but each volume in American currency is between $700-900 - and I'd be pursuing used music and book stores around the globe for out of print books and vocal scores. I have been buying first editions of books I like, and I'm waiting to pick up the first three early novels by Carl Hiaasen.

I never saw the production, but I do have the CD and, I think, it has some excellent numbers.
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2010, 05:53:13 AM »

I got us to Page 2!

;D

How about that?
You can dream…or you can do.

Miss Karen

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2010, 06:17:48 AM »

Have I told all you HHWers lately how you're all such a sweet and thoughtful bunch of folks? If not, I'm making it official. I have been trying to log on this past week, but my Norton anti-virus kept showing a notice that said HHW was an unsafe site -- something about 4 security threats -- "HTTP Malicious Toolkit Variant Activity" so I had been trying to figure out what to do. Well, after seeing all the HHW posts on Cason's facebook about my mom, I thought screw HHW's "variant activity" (is that the same thing as unseemly activity?) I'm logging on to say that you folks are the best and your thoughts are so greatly appreciated.

Miss Karen

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2010, 06:22:06 AM »

Margaret Cason, 83,  passed away July 30 after years of dealing with the ravages of the Alzheimer's -- that damnable disease -- slowly taking her away. So although it is always hard to lose a loved one, especially a parent, we're so glad that she is finally at peace -- so we're at peace.

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2010, 06:22:29 AM »

{{{{{DR Miss Karen}}}}}
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2010, 06:23:58 AM »

Margaret Cason, 83,  passed away July 30 after years of dealing with the ravages of the Alzheimer's -- that damnable disease -- slowly taking her away. So although it is always hard to lose a loved one, especially a parent, we're so glad that she is finally at peace -- so we're at peace.

Miss Karen, I am so sorry to hear of this. I send my sincerest regards to you and your family.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Miss Karen

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2010, 06:26:53 AM »

{{{{{DR Miss Karen}}}}}

Awwwww, thanks, DR Ginny. Like I posted, we're at peace -- and in a good place with all this.

Miss Karen

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2010, 06:28:28 AM »

:-* my dear Mr Lar, I mean, DR ELmo!

Miss Karen

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2010, 06:31:26 AM »

Gotta scram -- lots to do before we head to Texas first thing in the morning. I'll try not to be such a stranger, if you folks will tone down all the "variant activity" so my anti-virus folks will stop flashing the warning sign each time I try to log on ...

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2010, 06:37:28 AM »

Gotta scram -- lots to do before we head to Texas first thing in the morning. I'll try not to be such a stranger, if you folks will tone down all the "variant activity" so my anti-virus folks will stop flashing the warning sign each time I try to log on ...

It's not my fault, but have you seen how rabid some of these DRs can be?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2010, 06:37:54 AM »

Miss Karen have a safe trip to Texas!

Laura

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2010, 06:49:45 AM »

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Miss Karen. I am glad she and your family are at peace.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jennifer

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2010, 07:18:13 AM »

Yes I did watch the VIEW, although not just for the President (although i did want to see him).  I actually like the show and record it every day.

Jennifer

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2010, 07:21:52 AM »

I am so tired. I stayed up till midnight reading.

Now I am going to make some banana breads. I counted and have like 40 bananas in my freezer. And the funny part is that I don't buy/eat bananas (i like them okay just don't love them).

But my sister buys them every week. And every time she has 1 or 2 left over she gives them to me. They sure add up. Well at least i do give her half of my baking.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2010, 07:38:49 AM »

And the word of the day is: CASUISTRY!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  I LOVE YOU FOR SENTIMENTAL REASONS

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2010, 07:40:05 AM »

Condolences to DR's Miss Karen and Cason. 

Ben

« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2010, 08:55:42 AM »

Late morning all.

I had a wonderful evening with Dear Larry last night. I didn't get home until about 11:45 and I went to bed

I had never seen Beggar's Opera. I've seen Threepenny and I was looking forward to BO. I really enjoyed both the full version we watched and portions of the earlier 1964 BBC Television version.

We also had great food from Artie's, cake and wonderful conversation. We solved the problems of the world and spoke of many things, including many DRs.

Ben

« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2010, 08:56:12 AM »

{{{Dear Karen and Cason, condolences on the passing of your mother/grandmother}}}

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2010, 09:04:57 AM »

DR George, I'm glad the service went well.

Jane

« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2010, 09:05:39 AM »

der Brucer I enjoyed the posters. :)

Jane

« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2010, 09:07:23 AM »

DR Vixmom thank you for the vibes.  I hope they work.

Jane

« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2010, 09:09:58 AM »

I'm saddened to read of the long difficult journey for DRs Miss Karen & Cason and am glad all are at peace now.

Jane

« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2010, 09:11:09 AM »

I am so tired. I stayed up till midnight reading.

Now I am going to make some banana breads. I counted and have like 40 bananas in my freezer. And the funny part is that I don't buy/eat bananas (i like them okay just don't love them).

But my sister buys them every week. And every time she has 1 or 2 left over she gives them to me. They sure add up. Well at least i do give her half of my baking.

Now I have a craving for banana bread.  It is a good thing we finished the almost ripe enough for baking bananas this morning.

MBarnum

« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2010, 09:11:45 AM »

Comforting vibes to DRs Miss Karen and Cason and family.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2010, 09:12:23 AM »

This here site is clean - no viruses, no variants except for JMK.

MBarnum

« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2010, 09:12:34 AM »

My friend Kenny Miller still uses Web TV. He keeps saying he is going to get a computer, but has not yet done so.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2010, 09:12:40 AM »

I'm up and trying to de-groggify so I can joggify.

MBarnum

« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2010, 09:13:54 AM »

TOD:

Hmmm....I have far too many collectibles already, but there are a few Bollywood posters I wouldn't mind owning. Also, an Allison Hayes autographed photo would be nice to own.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2010, 09:13:55 AM »

Web TV didn't use the phone line.  You plugged a base unit into the wall and the TV, then you sat on your couch with a wireless keyboard, a keyboard like any other for the most part.  It's now called MSNTV - Google it and you'll see how it works.

MBarnum

« Reply #59 on: July 31, 2010, 09:14:53 AM »

Well, I must now take a few hours and clean the house. It is so dusty around the home environment that I can barely breathe.  :(
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up